Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

36hp Cam Choice
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

There is pretty much no choice for stock replacement camshafts for 36hp. I wonder why Wolfsburg West does not grind and sell a new stock cam?

Last edited by snowbug on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=326642
shows this
http://www.aircooledresearch.com/docs/parts_stock_cam.html
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

I purchased a camshaft for my 36hp from Air Cooled Research for $109US plus $30 shipping to Canada. Of course that was a while ago when the Canadian dollar was close to par with the US dollar. Not true nowadays. I was very pleased with the camshaft.
snowbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

wayne1230cars wrote:
I purchased a camshaft for my 36hp from Air Cooled Research for $109US plus $30 shipping to Canada. Of course that was a while ago when the Canadian dollar was close to par with the US dollar. Not true nowadays. I was very pleased with the camshaft.
Hi Wayne , did you need to send a core as well?
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

snowbug wrote:
wayne1230cars wrote:

No, at the time that price was without a core. Not sure if that is still the case.
snowbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

wayne1230cars wrote:
snowbug wrote:
wayne1230cars wrote:

No, at the time that price was without a core. Not sure if that is still the case.
There is a guy in Barrie Ontario that can regind 36hp cams, I am still trying to find his info.
volksartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

Canadian crank and chrome in Vaughan.
They are doing some Isky grind 36hp cams for me right now.

John 1-800-265-5725

AWSOME GUY
snowbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

volksartist wrote:
Canadian crank and chrome in Vaughan.
They are doing some Isky grind 36hp cams for me right now.

John 1-800-265-5725

AWSOME GUY
Thanks for the info! I wonder if he can regind the lifter profile too? Jim
volksartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

Have not asked him about that.
Kjell Roar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

BBT has 25/30(36) hp camshaft in stock:

http://www.bbt4vw.com/en/catalogue/5-engine%20/2-l...standard-/

My car, Aug. 4th, 1955 / an early 56: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=610438
snowbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Cam Choice Reply with quote

Kjell Roar wrote:
BBT has 25/30(36) hp camshaft in stock:

http://www.bbt4vw.com/en/catalogue/5-engine%20/2-l...standard-/
I tried to deal with BBT before and they would not ship to me in Canada. They would only ship to CIP1 and then get shipped from there to my house. Shipping timeline was mental and the price was high.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: