Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brazilian mirror owners
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Brazilian mirror owners Reply with quote

For anyone who has the Brazilian side mirrors on their bay window, I just bought some from Bus Depot. I received the drivers side but the passenger side is backordered. Anyway, did you have any issues with the plastic cover for the bolt? Mine fits pretty loose and I feel like it might fall off from vibration. If yours has this fitment issue how did you fix it? I was thinking double stick tape or clear caulk.
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Brazilian mirror owners Reply with quote

Mine didn't have any fitment issues, but I did note that they weren't actually VW mirrors despite being described as such, just aftermarket done in the style of the Brazilian mirror. The plastic cover was correspondingly cheapened and very fragile. I tread very carefully with mine. One thing to note, there are two screws on the underneath side which should be tightened to keep the mirrror from vibrating loose and you losing your set position.

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
chazz79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Brazilian mirror owners Reply with quote

The bolt covers fit horrible so just use some black rtv gasket glue to hold them on. This should tear loose easy enough if I need to get in there in the future. You'll love the mirrors, best visibility offered for a bay imo.

The green monster in bits and peices: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332556&highlight=green+monster
dwill49965
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Brazilian mirror owners Reply with quote

On my set, the plastic cover is a tight fit and secure. Been on there about 5 or 6 years now.

Meyer wrote:
Lastly, you just referred to US citizens as 'Americans'. Exactly what kind of Canadian are you? From what continent?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Brazilian mirror owners Reply with quote

dwill49965 wrote:
On my set, the plastic cover is a tight fit and secure. Been on there about 5 or 6 years now.

Lucky, mine are loose and hang down a bit from the seam.
vwible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Brazilian mirror owners Reply with quote

I got my Brazilian mirrors from CIP1. Yes, the plastic bolt cover fitment was a bit loose. I used a small bit of black RTV on the tabs. For me, these mirrors are a big improvement over the stock ones.
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Brazilian mirror owners Reply with quote

Please use
Brazilian mirrors
Thank you
Tcash
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: