Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dealing with out of town buyers
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWilliamAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Dealing with out of town buyers Reply with quote

I did some research and didn't find what I was looking for. I would like a how to for newbies in the selling world like myself about selling to out of town buyers. I know its done all the time but I have no idea of the safe ways to go about it. I know that the seller needs to take care of the shipping but how and when do i receive the money and how do I protect myself. If there is already a thread concerning this please link. I read the SCAM thread but it talks more about buyers than sellers,.,.,
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealing with out of town buyers Reply with quote

This Sticky thread at the top of this section perhaps?
Tips for Internet Buying and Selling including Paypal

You should get the money before you ship it.
I'm not sure who you mean by protect yourself but you should always do some sort of delivery confirmation to "prove" the item arrived.
This is usually free if you got money through paypal and are using the built-in Paypal shipping.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheWilliamAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Dealing with out of town buyers Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I'm not sure who you mean by protect yourself but you should always do some sort of delivery confirmation to "prove" the item arrived.
This is usually free if you got money through paypal and are using the built-in Paypal shipping.

Thanks Everett. I did read that sticky. I'm talking shipping a car. A bus in fact.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Dealing with out of town buyers Reply with quote

Take a bank wire transfer for payment. You get paid before the vehicle or title leaves your hands. Once the payment is received then schedule the shipping. Generally the buyer pays for the shipping, and depending on how experienced you are you may ask them to "take care of the shipping" arrangements. If the buyer doesn't feel comfortable these terms, tell them to show up in person and pay you in cash - or wait for another buyer who is.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Dealing with out of town buyers Reply with quote

TheWilliamAlan wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Thanks Everett. I did read that sticky. I'm talking shipping a car. A bus in fact.

Ok, I thought you meant parts because you said the seller takes care of the shipping.
This is not true for vehicles (unless you can or want to do that)

Please read this thread at the top:
Tips for buying a car over the Internet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheWilliamAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Dealing with out of town buyers Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
TheWilliamAlan wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Ok, I thought you meant parts because you said the seller takes care of the shipping.

Oh that was a mistake. I know the buyer makes all those arrangements. I just wouldn't know how to accept payment without getting screwed. So cashiers check or wire transfer? I've never done a wire transfer.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Dealing with out of town buyers Reply with quote

TheWilliamAlan wrote:
EverettB wrote:
TheWilliamAlan wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Oh that was a mistake. I know the buyer makes all those arrangements. I just wouldn't know how to accept payment without getting screwed. So cashiers check or wire transfer? I've never done a wire transfer.

Got it.
Wire transfer is the safest in my opinion and not reversible by the buyer.

I have done wire transfers to buy and sell cars and some expensive parts numerous times, including just a few weeks ago.
TheWilliamAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Dealing with out of town buyers Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Wire transfer is the safest in my opinion and not reversible by the buyer.

I have done wire transfers to buy and sell cars and some expensive parts numerous times, including just a few weeks ago.

Perfect that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks Everett.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: