Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Australian Speedometer
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evert Tersiqo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Australian Speedometer Reply with quote

Hello guys...

Please I need the info for these Australian Speedometer I have, is it any special spec for Australian Speedo ?

Thx

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AUSpenguin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Australian Speedometer Reply with quote

Hi, Not sure what you are after exactly but I will give it a go. They were made in Australia for VDO as there was a specified % of Australian content required. From what I can see and what I remember, yours is a 1967 speedo, made in August. Make sense?
Its in MPH as Australia didn't go to metric until about 1974 (I was very small - so forgive me if the dates are wrong, I just know I learnt imperial then metric).
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Australian Speedometer Reply with quote

Evert Tersiqo wrote:
Hello guys...

Please I need the info for these Australian Speedometer I have, is it any special spec for Australian Speedo ?

Thx

Recalling that Indonesia was the Dutch East Indies until after the end of the Second World War, I imagine that present-day road speed limits would be quoted in kilometres per hour, so you would probably be better served by a VW Beetle speedometer of European specification, of similar vintage to that of your car. The other alternative would be to have a speedomter of later vintage with a dual scale for both kilometres per hour and miles per hour.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: