Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

Hi!

The front cigarette lighter died the other day and while I've been searching for a fuse diagram for a long time, I can't seem to be able to find on on the internet.
Does anybody know where I could access this diagram ?

Thank you in advance
Frederic
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alapah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

Not sure they are the same, but I found one for the 03 Eurovan. I hope this works to link to the pics in the Samba gallery.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1500533.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1500532.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1500531.jpg
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

On my 2002 weekender MV there are three undocumented fuses under the front seat for various camper stuff, you have pop the plastic cover to see them. One of them is for the rear 12 V accessory

Looks like fuse 22 far right does the front 12 VDC appliance

Last edited by Abscate on Wed May 04, 2016 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

alapah wrote:
Not sure they are the same, but I found one for the 03 Eurovan. I hope this works to link to the pics in the Samba gallery.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1500533.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1500532.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1500531.jpg

Thank you, the diagram looks different than what I saw yesterday when I removed the fuse box cover but it's helpful!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
On my 2002 weekender MV there are three undocumented fuses under the front seat for various camper stuff, you have pop the plastic cover GIRARD yo see them. One of them is for the rear 12 V accessory

I have a 02 MV (no pop top so I suppose I dont have a "weekender").
I always saw that something was under my seat (the driver seat), I will look at it !

What is GIRARD ? Do you just pull on the plastic cover (i dont remember seeing screws)?

Thanks!
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

FredericB wrote:
Abscate wrote:
On my 2002 weekender MV there are three undocumented fuses under the front seat for various camper stuff, you have pop the plastic cover GIRARD yo see them. One of them is for the rear 12 V accessory

I have a 02 MV (no pop top so I suppose I dont have a "weekender").
I always saw that something was under my seat (the driver seat), I will look at it !

What is GIRARD ? Do you just pull on the plastic cover (i dont remember seeing screws)?

Thanks!

typing fail.

You need to release the small plastic clips by inserting something and pushing the clip one way or the other. Its a bit of a pain honestly. Its best if you use two tools as I found one tends to reclip when you are releasing the other
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

typing fail.

You need to release the small plastic clips by inserting something and pushing the clip one way or the other. Its a bit of a pain honestly. Its best if you use two tools as I found one tends to reclip when you are releasing the other

It was not that much of a pain actually Very Happy . I used a flat screwdriver, inserted and pushed it down and it did the job.
Now, I didn't find any fuses under the seat but a wire (I will take a photo of it and post it here)

I think I'm going to have to test all the fuses in the box with my multimeter and hope I find a blownout one that happens to be the fuse for the frontlighter Laughing

I will put a photo of the wire under my seat and a photo of the fuse box in case it helps anyone identify the fuses.

Ultimately, it could be handy to have the fuse box diagram for any future issues.

If i don't find any blownout fuses, is there a way I can test if it's the actual lighter it self that died ?

Thanks
Frederic
Summers420us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

FredericB wrote:
...is there a way I can test if it's the actual lighter it self that died ?

Probe it with a voltmeter or plug another accessory int the socket like a USB port or use a test light like this:

http://autorepair.about.com/od/troubleshooting/ss/cig_lighter_tst.htm
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

alapah, please take that back, the diagram that you sent me is actually what my fuse box looks like after looking closely at it.
And guess what ! The fuse is bad !!! I'm glad because I thought I would have to change the lighter itself...

Thank you everyone for your help and especially for those diagrams.I just printed them, Im sure they will be helpful in the future

Frederic

2002 VW Eurovan MV
matthewb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

I have a 2003 Eurovan GLS; I found that the 3 rear power outlets (two below the bench seat and one way in back) are wired to the leftmost fuse in the lower row -- i.e. the one below fuse #1 in the diagram.

I'm curious about the other fuses in the lower row.

Anyway, I thought I'd attach this note here in case anyone else lands here after doing a search similar to what I did.
Chefwalt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

matthewb wrote:
I have a 2003 Eurovan GLS; I found that the 3 rear power outlets (two below the bench seat and one way in back) are wired to the leftmost fuse in the lower row -- i.e. the one below fuse #1 in the diagram.

I'm curious about the other fuses in the lower row.

Anyway, I thought I'd attach this note here in case anyone else lands here after doing a search similar to what I did.

THANK YOU!!! Iíve been looking for this!!! Do you happen to know what fuse it takes??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VashonEuro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

_UPDATE_ i solved my own problem. There was a blown fuse under the driver's seat and that fixed the problem. The three fuses seem to control the overhead lights, the cooler and the rear power outlets.

-----------------
I'm also having issues with my rear power outlets in my 2003 Eurovan Weekender. I saw the fuse diagram posted previously and some of it made sense but I seem to have an additional row of fuses in the panel under my dash.

Could anyone point out which one may be to the rear cigarette power outlets?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by VashonEuro on Thu May 07, 2020 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

If the lower picture is the electrics under the driver seat itís one of those three fuses
DCinDC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

The fuse diagram can be found in your owners manual, if you are lucky enough to have one. The 5 amp fuse under the driverís seat is for the fluorescent light over the table. One of the 15 amp fuses is for the cooler box and the other is for the cigarette lighter outlets. The rear fluorescent light is fused through the main fuse box.
DCinDC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan 2002 Fuse Box Diagram Reply with quote

Here is a photo of the owners manual page identifying the fuse layout. My response above was incorrect. Both fluorescent lights in the back run through the fuse box under the driverís seat.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: