Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Improved windshield wipers
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Improved windshield wipers Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing AHHHH- "the sea hunt gambit" works every time Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Improved windshield wipers Reply with quote

pictures of wipers in use:
These are all oem SWF blades.

This bus has Rainex applied, pic taken in April
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

no rainex on these pics:

This blade has a poor spot in the middle, you can see a line on the window glass. It should be replaced.

This one the heater is not melting the snow fast enough as it was really dumping hard and the swept area was getting smaller and smaller and smaller:

mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Improved windshield wipers Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
pictures of wipers in use:
These are all oem SWF blades.

This one the heater is not melting the snow fast enough as it was really dumping hard and the swept area was getting smaller and smaller and smaller:

I think you could quite dramatically improve the performance of your windshield defroster.

I used to drive my buses all year in Germany, i found that putting the sun visor down a good bit, so you can still see, kept the warm air trapped between the visor and windshield, resulting in better melt results.

Also, it blows the warm air in your face, a welcome feature Smile

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
66uno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Improved windshield wipers Reply with quote

RAIN-X
Don66bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Improved windshield wipers Reply with quote

Great shots, Clara. If the new wipers I ordered prove successful, I will try to get before and after photos as well.
Don66bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Improved windshield wipers Reply with quote

I have a spring blade described earlier in this topic on the driver's window and a stock flat blade on the passenger window. They were both working adequately in the heavy rain yesterday. The spring blade does a better job at the top and bottom of the sweep, and gets smeary, if at all, in the middle. The stock blade worked well in the center of its blade but did a poorer job of clearing at the top and bottom. Bug debris will degrade the performance of either blade.
tlavergne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Improved windshield wipers Reply with quote

Reviving an old thread. Lind, I see on a post you made on May 4, 2016 that you bought an adapter on the auction site to allow you to use modern wipers on our original arms. They still sell them and I bought one. I can't figure out how that attaches to my original 1967 wiper arms. Can you elaborate on how you did that?
Thanks...
tlavergne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Improved windshield wipers Reply with quote

After some PM's got it figured out. The link to the product Lind mentioned is still good. Bought the adapters. Mount adapter by drilling holes through wiper arm and attaching with small machine screws and nuts. FLAPS stocks 10" and 11" wipers to hook on. Problem solved for me. Thanks goes out to Lind...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281496484845
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: