Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fender Badge as a sticker???
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
myghiarocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

I am looking for an exact copy of the right side fender badge in a sticker (decal).

I smoothed and deleted the original way back when I did the car. I don't fancy an original protruding of the fender because of the smoothed indent. not doing any paint or body at the moment.

I know I can probably get a custom made one but they usually want large quantities at large prices.

Thanks for any info.
NWGhiaGuy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

You can always have a bunch made and sell them in the classifieds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SoCalJes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

You could just buy blank glossy bumper sticker stock and print it on an ink jet.
Just because it didn't come that way, doesn't mean it shouldn't have.
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

SoCalJes wrote:
You could just buy blank glossy bumper sticker stock and print it on an ink jet.

If you try this, you may also want to coat the printed sticker with some clear acrylic UV protective spray.

I've done this to create some custom stickers for a "themed" bicycle that I own, and the stickers look good and seem to be wearing well so far.
scotty timmerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

cut the pegs off of one and 3m double sided tape it on.
73 super beetle
57 oval: build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8616563#8616563
63 beetle reassembly: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7458619#7458619
2332cc engine build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8608429&highlight=#8608429
84 vanagon westfalia wolfsburg edition
myghiarocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

scotty timmerman wrote:

I don't fancy an original protruding of the fender because of the smoothed indent.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

Find an artist who can paint it on, maybe a little larger than stock so it stands out. Smile
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

myghiarocks wrote:
scotty timmerman wrote:

I don't fancy an original protruding of the fender because of the smoothed indent.

I thought all car badges stand out from the bodywork...the KG is very much a one of a kind in this respect...can't think of any other that has a badge indent. Question
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myghiarocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
myghiarocks wrote:
scotty timmerman wrote:

I thought all car badges stand out from the bodywork...the KG is very much a one of a kind in this respect...can't think of any other that has a badge indent. Question

Thanks for the ideas guys. I am probably over thinking this. The original with pins removed is probably the way to go. I think it has a slight bend in it from factory, or more like a curve. If I had a milling machine I could thin it down a bit. The airbrushed idea is a good one.
cmdrfire
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

Please post what you decide to do in the end... I no longer have the indent on my own project car and am thinking about what to do, either to delete totally, or to take the pins off the OE badge and bond/tape it on... hadn't thought of a sticker thus far.
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender Badge as a sticker??? Reply with quote

The PO for my last Ghia was going for the Cal look and had filled the indent, trim, etc.

I put the emblem on by removing the rear lugs and using trim/moulding tape like what is used on new cars. Did the same for the side trim.

Here are the photos. Not sure if these help.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: