Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nalu33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

I was interested in buying one of Kens cars, a 63 Ghia.
I've gone back and fourth with over 30 e mails in an attempt to get pictures, get condition issues and of course a sale price. I got everything except a price as he just wouldn't tell me his price. I asked him for a price about 10 times! Very difficult to deal with and he seems to be flaky at best who just seemed to play games. Inspite all this I still made respectful efforts only to hear "oh sorry that car now has a new owner" WTF!?!? I DO NOT recommend this seller and I will never contact him again. Game player 😡
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
avw1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Reply with quote

I had a wtb ad for a Ghia window. Ken responded. I told him I wanted a nice window. He sent a "better than nice" window. Fair price, fast and safe shipping. I'll buy again.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Reply with quote

Nalu33 wrote:
I was interested in buying one of Kens cars, a 63 Ghia.
I've gone back and fourth with over 30 e mails in an attempt to get pictures, get condition issues and of course a sale price. I got everything except a price as he just wouldn't tell me his price. I asked him for a price about 10 times! Very difficult to deal with and he seems to be flaky at best who just seemed to play games. Inspite all this I still made respectful efforts only to hear "oh sorry that car now has a new owner" WTF!?!? I DO NOT recommend this seller and I will never contact him again. Game player 😡

Not even close to the truth, there were 8 total emails from this person, and 5 replys, he was just interested in a wide range of cars and did not really have a specific model in mind, QUOTE" Hi
Do you have a 61 bug? Preferably a 61 convertible...
Also would you have a 61 or earlier convertible Ghia?
Thank you
Kai"

So this was April 10-12, I sent links to google albums with lots of pictures of lots of cars, But then some of my reply's with additional details and photos were going into the Drafts folder from my cell and I did not know this until he got all disturbed that the "perfect car" for him was sold to another willing buyer who was happy to get it shipped to England, and this was more than thirty days later. All the conversations were very vague and non committal and when contact stops, I just assume that the buyer has found something else or moved on. We all want to rely on the email as the best mode of communications, but when it breaks down, there is still the phone.
I only had a 65 convertible and he wanted a 61 or earlier, and the car was dismantled and he wanted an all together car, so that was 2 strikes against this vehicle meeting his needs. I did not want him to settle for a car that did not meet his criteria, I don't know why he took it so personally. But the pen, like to sword cuts both ways. So there is my side of the story.
I hope he finds the car he is looking for, I am sorry that he felt that over those few emails that I wasted his time or gamed him in some way, as it was never my goal, I just wanted to see the car go to a respectful owner who could bring it back for enjoyment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a Steering wheel.
Great shape and price.
Great shipping.
Would recommend.
Bic
brettjord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Reply with quote

Tons of parts available. Super great pricing.

If you are in Houston, go visit him!

Bought from him a few times and he always has what I need for bugs.

Thanks Ken.
Mr. Panda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Reply with quote

Smooth transaction, item just as described, no issues and quick response

Highly recomended.

Marco
SilverThing Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from Ken recently?

I have purchase parts from him previously (a Bundeswehr pouch was one that comes to mind) and the transaction went very smoothly and he followed up with me to make sure I was pleased with my purchase.

Back in 2017 I paid for a 1971 181 chassis, a mexican 181 body, and an H-case 181 engine. The total for everything came out to $5,100. Ken was keeping me updated on a monthly basis (getting the chassis rolling, paper work, etc). Last August he stopped responding to my e-mails and I haven't heard from him since despite several attempts at reaching out to him.

I'm concerned because not hearing back from him has been very unusual.

-Zeke
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: