Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

78 VW Convertible Engine Code
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalhess
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: 78 VW Convertible Engine Code Reply with quote

Finally had the opportunity to get a Volkswagen (78 Beetle Convertible) as a project car, however I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to decoding the engine code. Can anyone assist me with this. The code on the block is CC 567771
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 78 VW Convertible Engine Code Reply with quote

stalhess wrote:
Finally had the opportunity to get a Volkswagen (78 Beetle Convertible) as a project car, however I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to decoding the engine code. Can anyone assist me with this. The code on the block is CC 567771

Post a pic of that code and the entire engine. I looked at the engine codes and cannot find a "CC" on the type1 list. Maybe you have a manufactured engine with a generic code stamp from the manufacturer.
Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
stalhess
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 78 VW Convertible Engine Code Reply with quote

Thank you for responding, here is the engine code I will post image of the engine in a bit.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: 78 VW Convertible Engine Code Reply with quote

Any info on this? I ran across another case with the same code today and cant fin anything at all
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: 78 VW Convertible Engine Code Reply with quote

Well those C stamps are NOT VW's .

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: