Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

PocketRocket - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: PocketRocket
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 21, 2024
thewreckingsoul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently purchased a early to late T/O bearing release adapter from RJE. Rocky communicated quickly and answered all of my questions. The item shipped/arrived quickly and was nicely packaged. Good quality work and Rocky is really a nice guy to take the time to answer my many questions. I am happy with this transaction.

Thank you, Rocky!

In action

In action again
twengineering
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought tooling from Rocky 20+ years ago...recently ordered more tooling, fast ship, and AAA+++ quality!
Thanks Rocky!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jnr356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

recently used one of rocky's valve spring compressors.
good bit of kit,did the job perfectly

australias real aircooled community
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a tool from Rocky. Came quickly,and looks great. Can't wait to try it. Thanks Rocky.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just got the NDIX 32 P010 from Rocky fast! Zenith 32 ndix carb Price: $145 shipped USA
Relyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought m6xm7 step studs, they arrived quickly. These are going to be so much better then the traditional m6xm8 step studs.

Thanks!
205T (Bill)
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a type 4 valve spring compressor from Rocky. Came quick,and looks great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

POOOOR customer care

Wasted my time! Rocky doesnt care about small orders....

On May 7, 2020, I ordered a RJE Trim tool for full flow from Rocky and paid the next day.
on the 7th rocky replied " On Thursday, May 7, 2020, 05:29:26 PM CDT, Rocky Jennings <[email protected]> wrote:
Ben we are just finishing the tools should ship on the 13th. Rocky".

i waited and did not email nor ask for tracking number even though the 13th came & went. on the 15th rocky emails me, " On Friday, May 15, 2020, 04:27:24 PM CDT, Rocky Jennings <[email protected]> wrote:

Ben, I’m not going to be able to finish the full flow cutters for at least 2 more weeks. Bigger fish to fry. If you want a refund just let me know. Thanks Rocky"

WTF??? bigger fish to fry???? the man took my money, promised to make and ship an item but then after the time is past just tells me he has bigger, better things to do than than finish and ship the item he already took payment for.

this was my reply to Rocky, " well, on the one hand i understand a man being busy on the other hand it aint right to put off the little guy just so you can get a bigger better paying job done. you told me eleven days ago that you'd have it done and shipped on the 13th which was five days ago and i havent bothered you once asking about it or asking for a tracking number.

its not my fault you you took on more than you can get done and this is a pretty shitty way to treat your "small fry" customer"

to which he replied " Ben, Money refunded."
obviously he does not give a damn whether he has an upset customer or not....
Build it your way not the way someone else does it. Their way might not work for you." - clonebug
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

richardcraineum wrote:
POOOOR customer care

On May 7, 2020, I ordered a RJE Trim tool for full flow from Rocky and paid the next day.
on the 7th rocky replied " On Thursday, May 7, 2020, 05:29:26 PM CDT, Rocky Jennings <[email protected]> wrote:

i waited and did not email nor ask for tracking number even though the 13th came & went. on the 15th rocky emails me, " On Friday, May 15, 2020, 04:27:24 PM CDT, Rocky Jennings <[email protected]> wrote:

Ben, I’m not going to be able to finish the full flow cutters for at least 2 more weeks. Bigger fish to fry. If you want a refund just let me know. Thanks Rocky"

WTF??? bigger fish to fry???? the man took my money, promised to make and ship an item but then after the time is past just tells me he has bigger, better things to do than than finish and ship the item he already took payment for.

this was my reply to Rocky, " well, on the one hand i understand a man being busy on the other hand it aint right to put off the little guy just so you can get a bigger better paying job done. you told me eleven days ago that you'd have it done and shipped on the 13th which was five days ago and i havent bothered you once asking about it or asking for a tracking number.

its not my fault you you took on more than you can get done and this is a pretty shitty way to treat your "small fry" customer"

Seriously?

You are upset that he kept you updated on your order, that It would take longer than anticipated and offered you a refund with no hassles or effort put in on your part!

To me this is a stellar transaction scenario.

Bottom line, Crap happens, it happens to us all and as a result we let people down.

Bigger fish to fry....... what could that mean? Maybe his Wife is ill in hospital, his house burned down, unexpected problems in the shop, you just don't know what it us and jump to conclusions that he doesn't care about you.

If I were him, after this post of yours I'd refuse to sell this item to you.
You're possibly one of those people who would complain to the credit card agency after you received and used the item and end up getting your money back plus you keep the tool!

It isn't Rocky with the problem..........

I ordered an item from an online vendor on May 7, I got an order confirmation email and then dead silence!
Still no item in my hands.
I'd much rather have a seller communicating with me about delays any day over deafening silence!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
richardcraineum wrote:
POOOOR customer care

Seriously?

You are upset that he kept you updated on your order, that It would take longer than anticipated and offered you a refund with no hassles or effort put in on your part!

To me this is a stellar transaction scenario.

Bottom line, Crap happens, it happens to us all and as a result we let people down.

Bigger fish to fry....... what could that mean? Maybe his Wife is ill in hospital, his house burned down, unexpected problems in the shop, you just don't know what it us and jump to conclusions that he doesn't care about you.

If I were him, after this post of yours I'd refuse to sell this item to you.
You're possibly one of those people who would complain to the credit card agency after you received and used the item and end up getting your money back plus you keep the tool!

It isn't Rocky with the problem..........

I ordered an item from an online vendor on May 7, I got an order confirmation email and then dead silence!
Still no item in my hands.
I'd much rather have a seller communicating with me about delays any day over deafening silence!

Dave

bigger fish means he had bigger better things to do, if someone has a family emergency then they say its a family emergency. and he wasnt keeping me updated he was already behind schedule & promise date, then said he wasnt going to get my part done. you can stoke rocky's cock all you want but he dropped the ball on this and there's no reason for you to get all up in your feeling over me posting my experience, thats what this forum is for.
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

Your experience is very real and from my viewpoint you have no reason to be so down on him. from what you post it wasn't a bad experience at all.

I don't know him, never met him, never talked to him, never purchased anything from him.......
it just really bothers me how you are so quick to throw him under the bus and determine that he doesn't care about the little guy.
In Vanagon speak, there is no big guy. We as individual owners are all his customers, we are all little guys.

Sure, be bothered that your plans are delayed but be very thankful that he communicated the delay to you in a timely fashion.
You can't ask for more than that.

You can now make other plans or shop elsewhere.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

here's how i see it Dave,
ive owned a business for 17 years now, and when i take in a $500 job and promise it to be completed at a certain date i do my best to get that done, as all business' should. now say the next job to come in is a $5000 job, i dont put that $5000 job in front of the $500 job ( although i have seen multitudes of business' do that...) BUT i understand cash flow is a huge issue, so if thats the case and you need that $5000 job done to make bills and you can still get the $500 job done by promise date then by all means, make hay while the sun shines. but you dont not get the $500 guys job, then tell him you have bigger jobs to do and his will be at least two weeks longer, on top of that you cant expect the $500 guy to not be upset. the correct way to handle a situation like this would be to tell the $500 customer, " i dont have any excuses, things came up and i just couldnt meet your promise date. i do apologize for the inconvenience and if your willing to wait i'd like to knock of $xx of your bill." not what ray did which was " i have bigger fish to fry than your job so it'll be at least 2 more weeks , deal with it or you can have a refund" . and when i reply with frustration , which i feel is not out of line, he just refunds the money. he fucked up, not me, and just because he notified me that he didnt get it done does not mean he has good communication. Ray notifed me that it wasnt done, wasnt getting done anytime soon, and was obviously not too concerned whether he got it done at all, nor whether i was happy about it or not.
one of the biggest things ive learned in business is you never, never dismiss the small jobs or the man that looks like he dosent have two nickles to rub together, because that guy that brought you a little job may turn into you best paying customer and that poor looking man is probably a millionaire which is why he doesnt give a rats ass how he looks.
neither of which is me, but still good business practice..
klcarrie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: PocketRocket - [email protected] Reply with quote

T-1 Angle Plate,
Full Flow Kit.
Ordered 21/09/2021... received 29/09/2021.
Delivery to Canada via USPS.

To expedite this order, it took a couple of emails back and forth. No problem. As you can see, the order moved quickly once processed.

Would buy again from Rocky Jennings.

Thanks,

Kevin

- Bay Bus Pinion Nut Socket

- 64-67 big nut (rear) drums and brake parts, 46mm axle nuts (Big Nuts)

--
'55 Wolfburg Pannel Project
'55 Wolfsburg SC Project
'71 Westy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: