Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Junkyard Locations
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerian159
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

I was wondering if anybody has compiled a list of where the VW "Graveyard" places are that allow people to come pick parts off of wrecked/damaged cars. For example i'm needing some automatic parts for my bus and i'd like to try and repair it with the correct parts pulled from "parts buses". Just curious to see if this has been done

"Growing older, but not up!"
BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

This would be the closest thing. Don't see any in Florida.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/shops/cat.php?id=12

Some of the places listed here say they carry vintage parts. Many in Florida.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/shops/cat.php?id=1

Another option is to find people parting out buses in the classifieds.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...arting+out

Here's someone parting out 10 buses in Florida.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1796982

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

I certainly ain't tellin u or nobody
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

Generally No. There are too valuable. Five years ago one could find buses occasionally in Pick and Pull type yards but even then they were uncommon. Air Cooled yards crushed all their air cooled cars about 1998 - 2003. No money in them because everyone wanted a $30 part that takes 2 hours to remove for $2. As one wrecking yard owner near me who is a friend told me - we got tired of all the mooches wasting our time. VWOA pretty much did the same in 1990 when they shipped all the air cooled parts back to Europe. The best source for good inexpensive used parts is Ken Madsen at Busco.
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

The last guys I used had about three acres on Chestnut Ave. in Fresno. Abe and son John... really good people. I had a nice working relationship and free rein of the yard. Of course, this came because I did not try to stiff them in any way, and always paid cash. But they closed up last year. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

Blair and Son, Phoenix AZ. Off 19th, if I remember correctly.

Interstate Wrecking, in Lake Elsinore. Jim and his wife have a sweet operation, where if you pay Jim in cash and his wife doesn't know about it, you don't pay sales tax or bullshit tax.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

what parts are you looking for?
kerian159
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

late bay automatic parts and camper bits

"Growing older, but not up!"
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

ken madsen does not have them. I asked him for you. You might ask Chris Morrice in Oakland. example: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1533340
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

kerian159 wrote:
late bay automatic parts and camper bits

asking so that anyone who may have what you need in their stash can possibly help you out. general statement is no help.
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Blair and Son, Phoenix AZ. Off 19th, if I remember correctly.

Interstate Wrecking, in Lake Elsinore. Jim and his wife have a sweet operation, where if you pay Jim in cash and his wife doesn't know about it, you don't pay sales tax or bullshit tax.

Robbie

Sure hope his wife didn't read that!

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

Place a WTB (want to buy) ad in the classifieds.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ > (next to Quick Links:) Place ad

Good luck
Tcash
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: VW Junkyard Locations Reply with quote

Horrible karma for hoarding knowledge of Bay parts, may your cases fail, transmissions blow, and rust permeate your loins

Don't be that guy. Share it here
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: