Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Lets all hope for great weather for the show, with lots of used parts vendors. Pray

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

I was out delivering a tractor in that corner of the state and took rt 4 home through Farmington. The road work sites are still there but when I went through in the evening there was nothing to bother you (look like they are almost down).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OldVolks67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
Lets all hope for great weather for the show, with lots of used parts vendors. Pray

Gotta beg the boss for some spending cash!
Let's all pray fo nice weather. Pray

1966 Dove Blue home grown camper. “FakeFalia”
Moved on;
1986 Vanagon weekender
1967 13 window “un-deluxe”
1972 Westfalia
1967 Little red Bug
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
you? disaster? naa Laughing

so, who's going? I seem to remember the LFBI threads of years past to have 6-10 pages before the event.

have we lost the hype? Crying or Very sad

I'll be there, camping too. There's a little hype...

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
72camper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

I'm going to be in the area that weekend as part of our family road trip in the '72 from Atlanta. Mind if I swing through?
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

First time in quite a few years I'm going to miss Litchfield. Tooth extractions and gum surgery next Thursday will not leave me in good shape for the weekend.

Have fun!

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
First time in quite a few years I'm going to miss Litchfield. Tooth extractions and gum surgery next Thursday will not leave me in good shape for the weekend.

Have fun!

Since when do you have to be in good shape for the show..... Good luck and we will miss you guys.
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

72camper wrote:
I'm going to be in the area that weekend as part of our family road trip in the '72 from Atlanta. Mind if I swing through?

Come on by.... Camping field opens some point in the early afternoon. The entrance is down the hill/ road from the main fairground entrance.
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

OldVolks67 wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:

Gotta beg the boss for some spending cash!
Let's all pray fo nice weather. Pray

ahh looks like you are going after all- let me know where and when to meet and we can cruise down together
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Depending on the weather, the Jacks will be there Cool
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

2005 pre-show

2014 pre-show

Was a bit wet last year so no pix from 2015 from me.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
The Panel will be going BACK to Litchfield!

Link

Clay, you going to be driving in reverse the whole way to the fairgrounds?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
you? disaster? naa Laughing

so, who's going? I seem to remember the LFBI threads of years past to have 6-10 pages before the event.

have we lost the hype? Crying or Very sad

It's a great show. It has some die-hards who have been attending this show for decades. From like 2005 - 2012 this show was crazy. Awesome camping, swaps, & show. The last few years the weather, camping rules, and other factors have lessened the hype. Like anything else, it's a bell curve. There will be some great years, and some not so good years, but it will make a come back again.

I remember taking this photo on a disposable camera back in 2004. Look at that hunk of a man in the white-tee Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

60vwnewengland wrote:
WM971252 wrote:

Link

I was meant as a riddle/ joke..... Going back..... get it.... Sorry I have been in a mood. Actually my driveway is so cluttered right now I have been reversing alot so.....
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
60vwnewengland wrote:
WM971252 wrote:

Link

I was meant as a riddle/ joke..... Going back..... get it.... Sorry I have been in a mood. Actually my driveway is so cluttered right now I have been reversing alot so.....

I hear a lot of people like it in reverse Laughing
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Last year in our corner at the camp out

Actually was a bit fun last year on Saturday and we bought some great stuff at the sorta swap meet.
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

The New Litchfield show has a way bigger swap meet

From us that were at the early shows... Yes I did miss the first one but had a Bus then (just did not know of the show).
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

60vwnewengland wrote:
Like anything else, it's a bell curve. There will be some great years, and some not so good years....

well, that's kind of how I felt about the flanders show....all the hype and in my opinion, it was like LFBI, just in new jersey...

I guess after about 26 years, all the shows are just the same, just different venues....I mean really, it's the same cars, same people, same parts for sale, same,same,same...year after year. but I think the draw to the shows is meeting up with folks in person...

Link

Stanagon wrote:

very little Laughing

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
deezal1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Hey Everyone! Is there anyone coming from Northern VT or Hartford area willing to bring me 2X4 packs of Lawsons SOS. Also interested in Focal Banger from VT. I know Crazy Bruces in West Hartford or Total Wine has it in CT usually has SOS. I live in PA, its one of my favorite beers. Private message if you can. Thanks!
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

deezal1 wrote:
Hey Everyone! Is there anyone coming from Northern VT or Hartford area willing to bring me 2X4 packs of Lawsons SOS. Also interested in Focal Banger from VT. I know Crazy Bruces in West Hartford or Total Wine has it in CT usually has SOS. I live in PA, its one of my favorite beers. Private message if you can. Thanks!

There is a Crazy Bruce's on RT 6 in Bristol (almost Farmington). I think that one is a bit of a better store and would not be a big detour if you were coming up rt 8 (there is a bunch of "woods" ways to get to the show or keep going past to rt 10 north and then take rt 4 west). I won't be able to help, DOT says no to me stopping
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: