Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terry Kay - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Terry Kay
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 20, 2017
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Terry,

happy new year
and thank you - the manual arrived today! All is fine!

regards from Berlin, Germany
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1977_L63H_P27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Terry,

O-ring arrived today. Thanks for the super fast shipping and for taking my call on a Sunday.

Randy Browning

1977 Westfalia P27 Green Bay Bus
you can't spell Volkswagen without SWAG
M-code Plate
Full Moon Bus Club
Mike Hamrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Terry Kay Illness Reply with quote

For anyone who has orders pending with Terry, I spoke with him by phone last Friday (5/17) and he is presently suffering from major lung problems associated with long-term fiberglas inhalation. He is on Ox, full-time and hardly has the energy to talk to his customers on the phone. He said he was very concerned that he hasn't been able to process his orders and knows customers are wondering whats-up, why haven't they gotten their stuff.
As health comes first, recovery should be his first priority. Please send Terry your good vibes for a quick and full recovery.
I've been communicating with him on a big order and have received the items he hand-made, which are fine pieces of work to re-fit the original junk that VW put on the Vanagons. Customers be patient; give him some time to R & R.
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, thanks so much for letting everyone know that Terry's going thru a rough patch. I started a thread at the Vanagon forum for well-wishers, the posts started stacking up in minutes. When you're ill, it sure helps to know there are people are out there who are wishing you well:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6678221#6678221

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fleet_maintenance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a metal firewall fuel fitting from Terry. I emailed about it Saturday night, and to my amazement got an email back shortly thereafter with the information I was seeking. I paid via paypal the same night. He emailed me on Sunday to say he got my payment and would be shipping it Monday.

I stumbled upon this feed back thread late last night.

I am happy to say it arrived today, in a box, taped on the ends, and padded on the inside.

Thanks Terry!
Thirstytank
Samba Gaucho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met up with Mr. Terry Kay last night for some coolant pipes. He was even nice enough to make them same day for me. High quality product with a follow up phone call from him makes Terry a good seller in my book!

Good to meet you Terry and thanks again!!

1985 Vanagon Westfalia
https://www.facebook.com/VanagonMorrison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Nice to meet you too Ryan--good conversation, good guy-- both being knee deep in Vanagon's & other projects.

I'm happy I could help you out in a pinch.

Take Care & Thank You---
Farf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Valve Order Reply with quote

I just received my LP fill/bleeder/shut-off valves from Terry today. I had placed the order via the internet last Saturday and Terry had them on the way Monday. This has been the third or fourth time I have ordered from him and in each case the product was processed/shipped rapidly and was as described. I will purchase from Terry again. Thanks Terry, you have my recommendation.

Mike
costal_cat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: One Year later and Terry Kay has still FAILED to deliver Reply with quote

About a year ago I got up with Terry to build one of his AC systems for my Syncro. I paid in advance via Pay Pal as requested. To be exact, it was $570.96 on 4/4/14...

Over the spring and summer Terry said he was backed up, this was the last system he was building that year, he wasn't doing these anymore as it was so much work for very little if any profit, he couldn't find help, etc .. Mostly communicated via email and a few phone calls. Being a business owner I was accommodating as I get the issues with running a business and being dependent on employees to get things done. He asked if I could wait until spring 2015 since "Hey it is not like it will be hot" I replied "Sure No Problem"

Around February, I emailed Terry several times with no answer. Not wanting to slam him publicly in the forum I sent him a PM on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:24 pm, just under a year since I ordered it. He finally called and stated that he was having computer and email problems. I explained that I was getting a little frustrated but I really just wanted the product and could he have it by the end of April as my wife and I would be going camping down in Florida and the forecast was for humid and hot. He said no problem text him my address to the number he had called from and he would send the tracking number once it was out the door.

Needless to say, the trip came and went with no AC system. Nothing like trying to explain to the wife how you spent over 500$$ a year ago so when we did go on hot and humid camping trip we would have a cool van.

I texted him and called several more time no response. I sent him a dispute via PayPal no response. PayPal will not get involved as it was over 180 days.. Yep felt like he dragged me along until the PayPal timing was at a point they would not do anything..

One thing I can not stand as a business owner is BS'ing a customer. The fact that I prepaid for this is even worse. At this point, I don't want to start an issue but this has been the worse vendor experience ever on this forum, any forum, or anything online.

Terry has a lot to say about a lot of postings but in my mind you lose all credibility when you can't deliver. Terry has had time to post around 20 replies since last Saturday yet as of today no update, no response and I am out over $550..

Since I can't seem to raise him and given his MO he will have 100 excuses as to why this not his fault I figured I would let folks know my experience.

Thank you for an extremely frustrating experience, Terry!
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

Out of shear need I bought some parts from Terry K. After reading his Feedback thread I realized that If I wanted these parts quickly and assured they would arrive unscathed I would have to go for the full Monty.
I stepped up and paid the Pay Pal fees(AArrgh) as well as the extra insurance. After a day I had no confirmation of the item being shipped but did get a Friendly E mail from TK that no payment had been made, I quickly looked and Golly gee he was right. I promptly paid him and had a Confirmation in about an hour.
Parts arrived well packed and taped for a rabid Monkey to handle. The parts were not cheap for what they are but I needed them in a timely fashion and paid the convenience fee.
These things are well made and should be exactly what the doctor ordered.
I stand a satisfied customer, but would prefer to not pay Pay Pal fees or have to add additional insurance. I ship parts almost everyday an suck up the fees as a cost of doing business. The USPS has 99.9% accuracy rate and in my mind it is better then the average.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
costal_cat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

16CV's wrote:
Out of shear need I bought some parts from Terry K. After reading his Feedback thread I realized that If I wanted these parts quickly and assured they would arrive unscathed I would have to go for the full Monty.
I stepped up and paid the Pay Pal fees(AArrgh) as well as the extra insurance. After a day I had no confirmation of the item being shipped but did get a Friendly E mail from TK that no payment had been made, I quickly looked and Golly gee he was right. I promptly paid him and had a Confirmation in about an hour.
Parts arrived well packed and taped for a rabid Monkey to handle. The parts were not cheap for what they are but I needed them in a timely fashion and paid the convenience fee.
I stand a satisfied customer, but would prefer to not pay Pay Pal fees or have to add additional insurance. I ship parts almost everyday an suck up the fees as a cost of doing business. The USPS has 99.9% accuracy rate and in my mind it is better then the average.

Stacy

Awesome for you I'm over 2 years waiting on a paid in full product ($600)
Got a call and promises and still nothing. Man, is a scam artist and I don't care how many little things he delivers. I have had great results with a lot of vendors on here. Terry took my money and I have not seen a thing. How does that make a good vendor????
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

costal_cat wrote:
16CV's wrote:

Stacy

Got a call and promises and still nothing. Man, is a scam artist and I don't care how many little things he delivers. I have had great results with a lot of vendors on here. Terry took my money and I have not seen a thing. How does that make a good vendor????

I don't know if I emailed him in the past about your issue above but I emailed him right now.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
costal_cat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
costal_cat wrote:
16CV's wrote:

Stacy

I don't know if I emailed him in the past about your issue above but I emailed him right now.

Many thanks!
Unfortunately, I used Paypal to purchase it so my options to recover funds for non-delivery.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am not advocating that buying from TK might be a struggle. But my purchase was fine although it cost me almost $7.00 to protect myself.
Anyone reading through his feedback should proceed with caution in my opinion.
If you read his Bio and his policies , you wil see that if he sends you the wrong parts, he will issue you a credit with him and not refund the shipping costs.
Terry is a smart guy and a hell of a fabricator and mechanic, but sure had the "Grumpy old man " attitude.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
costal_cat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

16CV's wrote:
I am not advocating that buying from TK might be a struggle. But my purchase was fine although it cost me almost $7.00 to protect myself.
Anyone reading through his feedback should proceed with caution in my opinion.
If you read his Bio and his policies , you wil see that if he sends you the wrong parts, he will issue you a credit with him and not refund the shipping costs.
Terry is a smart guy and a hell of a fabricator and mechanic, but sure had the "Grumpy old man " attitude.

Stacy

@16CV's I understand what you are saying and I hope you don't take my post personally as it certainly is not meant that way. My point is simple:

1. Paid for a product
2. Never received the product
3. Got a bunch of excuses as to why I had not received it.

I won't rehash my post but it is hard to judge the quality given that I have never received anything to assess the quality. That qualifies as stealing in most states given the $$$ amount. In fact, since it was done with paypal and a website it would also qualify for Federal wire fraud charges. I tried to protect myself but I was strung along with updates and conversation to such a time that the paypal guarantee expired. Once that date hit I never got another communication from Terry with the exception of giving me a hard time for this post. Seem's conniving, underhanded, and just plain evil to take more than $500 from someone and not deliver purchased goods not "Grumpy Old Man"...
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just to throw my 2¢ in, I found one of Terry's ads here, sent an email, and received several quick replies to my questions. I sent paypal, and got the manual in just a couple days. I was pleased with my transaction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
costal_cat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

TeamSpatula wrote:
Just to throw my 2¢ in, I found one of Terry's ads here, sent an email, and received several quick replies to my questions. I sent paypal, and got the manual in just a couple days. I was pleased with my transaction.

Once again I'm not trying to be an A$$ but I had the same experience until delivery. Sending out a manual is not on the same level as $500 plus dollars and manufacturing an AC unit that is paid for in advance. If you and everyone else was saying that I had a great experience getting this product from him I would still say "good for you" but it simply does not change the fact that the man has taken over $500 from me and I have had no communication vs getting bitched at for getting feed up and saying something. So taking to what some members have done over on ih8mud with similar vendors that don't deliver I have called the local sheriff's office and awaiting a call from a detective. I intend to pursue legal charges since the amount is over $500 it is nothing to sneeze at. While I was not involved with the vendor over on ih8mud every person was eventually repaid via a judge order or the businesses assets were going to be seized and sold to cover the repayment. I have nothing to lose and once the detective and I speak and they review the emails from Terry I feel very confident that they will pursue. Given the crap he has given me I intend to take every action I can to point out that I have been defrauded.

Nothing personal I hope you understand @teamSpatula
the craigness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

Well I made the mistake of trying to buy some silicone intake couplers for my 84 Vanagon today from Terry. I called him to inquire about availability and shipping because I wanted to make sure I could get them by Friday. That was my first mistake evedently. The man was abrasive right after the word hello. I felt like I was imposing on him for trying to be a customer. Well it seems that he does not like to take phone calls. He made several references to his website about how he only takes orders through email. He gave me a whole Lotta lip and then I politely said "I've decided not to go through with the order. Sorry to bother you.

Then came the text message on my cell phone with four letter words and racial slurs. And then more text messages telling me I need to go back to my country. Well I'm sorry to break it to him but I am whiter than Donald Trump and for the past three generations this is been our country.

I feel abused and violated for no reason whatsoever and I have absolutely no idea how anybody will buy a nut or a bolt from this guy. I was nothing but polite and a perfect customer. It's almost like this man needs to be institutionalized.

If anybody would like screen captures of my cell phone, please inquire
costal_cat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

the craigness wrote:
Well I made the mistake of trying to buy some silicone intake couplers for my 84 Vanagon today from Terry. I called him to inquire about availability and shipping because I wanted to make sure I could get them by Friday. That was my first mistake evedently. The man was abrasive right after the word hello. I felt like I was imposing on him for trying to be a customer. Well it seems that he does not like to take phone calls. He made several references to his website about how he only takes orders through email. He gave me a whole Lotta lip and then I politely said "I've decided not to go through with the order. Sorry to bother you.

Then came the text message on my cell phone with four letter words and racial slurs. And then more text messages telling me I need to go back to my country. Well I'm sorry to break it to him but I am whiter than Donald Trump and for the past three generations this is been our country.

I feel abused and violated for no reason whatsoever and I have absolutely no idea how anybody will buy a nut or a bolt from this guy. I was nothing but polite and a perfect customer. It's almost like this man needs to be institutionalized.

Yep, that is what I got concerning lip, four-letter words and racial slurs. I truly did not want to bring that up but he managed to use about every slur one could think of and even a couple of new ones. Just be glad you did not compound that by actually purchasing something...
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Terry Kay - [email protected] Reply with quote

It is mentioned in more than one place that I do not take phone orders.
I only accept e-mail orders unless your having some sort of EMERGENCY.
It's been the same for 20 years , posted & printed on the world wide web in the third sentence in my Westfalia Accesories web page.
Going on vacation, and being the major player in the procrastinators club don't count.

YOUR REALLY POOR CAPACITY OF DOING ANY ACCURATE PLANNING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY TO ME !!

Some folks can read, and are not literacy ignorant.

It's the way it is, if you don't like it, please buy your vanagon stuff elsewhere.

I do not want to be in the middle of a conversation with an orthopedic surgeon and have some totally ignorant a-hole calling me for vanagon part--he and the rest of the non-schooled, nolo contendre strokes can buy whatever they want anywhere.
I personally don't give a shiest.

Violated?
I am entitled to my privacy when I require it, hence the simple instructions.
Can't read?
Don't order that bolt from me.

Bye, bye, whining ignoramus.

Take up reading comprehension 101.

Last edited by Terry Kay on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: