Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

porsche999 - [email protected] - Gary
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: porsche999
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 23, 2010
ortak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purchased about $2,000 worth of parts from Gary since June 2012 and have had a few issues. I received incorrect parts a few times but on each occasion he sent the correct part for free, credited my charge card and let me keep the old part or I returned the part at his expense and got full credit. I agree that they are kind of messed up down there but his prices are great and the quality is great for the price you pay. I think that Gary is trying to turn his business around even though he's being kind of slow about it. He has been very helpful when I have questions.

I just placed a $417 order with him yesterday just before reading all the comments on TheSamba. The shipment was complete with the exception of a couple back ordered parts.
http://www.jkortak.com/home/restorations
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jerry Hundley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I report his ads on craigslist everytime I see them

Because Stock Sucks!!!!
70 baywindow deluxe
65 slammed bug
69 bug
64 drag buggy
camch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very unhappy experience,will not go back.
2007,08,09,10 and 11 track champion (pro-4)A.M.S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ortak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot has changed since my last post. Gary sent me a bunch of parts that I didn't order. Now he says that I'll have to take a 30% loss for the return. NOT. He says I did but they were not even for my year bus. Had many arguments with him and his son only to get nowhere. That's it. I'm finished with him. What really did it was when he was telling me that he has lawsuits going against Everett and thesamba for all this that has happened with loyal samba members like us. He might have a lawsuit but that is something that should not be discussed with me. This guy is full of crap.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ortak wrote:
he was telling me that he has lawsuits going against Everett and thesamba

This is false.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RedHeadedJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
ortak wrote:
he was telling me that he has lawsuits going against Everett and thesamba

This is false.

HAHA yep he says that alot. He told me he was going to open a lawsuit against me. He Makes things up. He changes his business name alot. and advertises on craigslist alot. I usually mark it as spam though.
pfcmooney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered roughly $550 worth of parts prior to seeing the feedback thread on here and I have to say, I was very happy with my parts that I received. I called him from his number on the website bugeyed.net and it states on his website to call him if you dont see something that isnt listed, so I did, and together we ordered EVERYTHING I was needing, It shipped to my door the very next day, the brake rotors were drop shipped from the factory but that was fine. I thought Gary was a tad odd on the phone because he didnt sound very enthusiastic as most salesman do, but nonetheless, I got my order and am happy with the parts I received. I hate you guys are going through all of this.
ortak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just placed an order again with Gary and it came through without a hitch. I'm trying him again because he has some parts that nobody else seems to sell. I got a 10" VW logo made from stainless steel for the 71 Westy and it is one awesome piece. Great price and quality too.
flyboy161
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: porsche999 - [email protected] - Gary Reply with quote

They've moved from Ft. Valley, Ga to the outskirts of Warner Robins, GA. I-75 exit 146.

I have been there twice. The shelves are full of EMPI stuff and it is a very large store/warehouse.

Both Gary and his son work there. I will say, that both father and son are very pleasant and talkative. I would buy in person from him, not over the Internet. He misrepresented EMPI seat overs to me as being correct for 1964, made from original German molds. (With a label that says "Made in China" on it). Wiper arms I bought, mine are rusted. The actual arm I used. The part that you tighten to the windshield wiper, I tossed. It was crap. He ran and grabbed a couple of grommets and big plastic wiper shaft covers and said, "you'll need these, too!" The grommets work, the plastic covers are the wrong year.

Anyway, as with most sellers, buyer beware and be aware. I guess, I would rather buy from Wolfsburg West and wait for a week for the parts to arrive than go there again

The 1964...Diamond in the rough
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612776

My 1958 Morocco Bug-
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=611483
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
redbugtoomuch$
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: porsche999 - [email protected] - Gary Reply with quote

Worst repair shop ever! and I do mean ever! I took my bug to him to repair. He put a used front end on it and told me it was in excellent condition. On my drive home the front driver's wheel virtually fell off! the only thing keeping in on was the disc and the caliper. This guy's shop put the new brakes on it! When I told him he told me he would send parts and that "you need to learn how to fix your car yourself". Then the passenger wheel was frozen and would not go up and down. He said it was probably caused when the other wheel fell off. He said he was sending parts to fix it and when I called to ask when he was sending the parts he hung up the phone. I am currently suing Gary Claxton and bugeyed. He dared me to sue him in his county so the whole thing sounds fishy. I would not give him a door knob to fix. I have many photos of the bad repair. If anyone wants to see them just ask.
I have bought parts from him prior to this and they are of cheap quality.
RedHeadedJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: porsche999 - [email protected] - Gary Reply with quote

Yes, He is a bad character and usually dips out after the money has been exchanged. Not a bright bunch and deserve what is coming to him. Few years ago I saw him at a show and confronted him about selling me the wrong visors for my bus as they were for a convertible bug. He brushed it off and told me I had no proof and no receipt even though he showed signs of remembering. They dont need to be apart of the vw community, makes us look bad.
Cuccuzze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: porsche999 - [email protected] - Gary Reply with quote

updating this thread.. I live 2 hours from Garys shop, Bug Eyed in Byron GA. Scam man.. I ordered parts, he shipped them to me. some were ok, some wrong. I needed the right ones and more, drive there, as we have been in Covid life, needed an outing. He owed me a credit from the parts I was returning He said ok! lets add all that up! less the returns ok, I will charge your card, I kept it on file! I didnt think anything of it. Drove 2 hours home and there was no receipt in my box. ASked several times for a copy. He texted me blurry copies. His math didnt add up. He quoted me prices and then charged me more on the invoice, and there was no credit from the returns. These new parts were still wrong. SOld me a luggage rack gasket for a 71 westy, it was too short. Insisted I was wrong and didn't know what I doing. I told him, I three degrees and know how to use a measuring tape.. He drop shipped louver gaskets, he sent the inner ones not the grey outer ones. I brought all this back, was going to shop again.. (I know what youre thinking).. But I was trying to give the man the benefit of the doubt. I printed out his texts, items from his website, compared them to the invoices.. After telling him I was ready to check out, I asked him to review the last 4 invoices.. and started to show him the printouts. He started using the "N" word every 5 seconds, and called me a stupid female that I didnt know my bus parts. SHocked to hear someone talk to me this way, I just stared at him. He told me he was a millionaire, and I was nickle and diming him. I was "Thieving" him and he was not going to take it because he is a millionaire... At this point I think I shut down, as all I heard was Elmer fudd, My name is ELmer J Fudd, Millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht! He was screaming at me in front of all these men waiting to buy stuff. I asked him for an invoice, he refused to give me one. I asked what the gaskets cost, he said 250. I said well, I changed my mine as the same gaskets were on bus depot for 80$. He took them from me and threw them on the table. He screamed to his wife to give me money so we can end this as friends. I said this is how you talk to friends? I spoke soft. Never yelled. I was still shocked a man still talks to a woman like this, and one who was spending money in his store. He didnt have enough money for my refund, so I got a partial cash refund, and I even asked how he wanted me to pay for the other items. He said he wasnt selling anything to me any more. I said ok, fine by me. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. But clearly from your reaction, I see my gut instinct was correct. And when I showed you proof you were ripping me off you yelled to deflect on me and wouldnt go over the invoices.

AS the southerners say, Bless your heart, right? Im just a stupid female... Im Italian... Sicilian actually. I do not know how I kept my cool... because my Brooklyn was boiling and ready to pop.. but I kept classy and walked out of there. I guess I can no longer go to Byron GA... LOL

So Gary CLaxton and Bug Eyed VW parts has not changed... Sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: