Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

It's still over a month out, but I thought I'd put this on the Colorado radar: one of the
highlights of our summer happens Friday July 15: Samantha Fish playing at the
free Louisville (Colorado) Friday night street faire. It's a fun show and its a perfect
excuse for a summer meet to follow up on last winter's South American expedition
show by Tim and Emily of SubagonSouth. And it's free!

We try to make it out to the Louisville street faire most Friday nights in the summer for its
eclectic mix of bluegrass (with real freight trains going by right behind the stage), old rock
and other like music in an adult/family friendly atmosphere

But a couple years ago my two daughters (below) insisted that we catch Samantha Fish
there and we were completely blown away by this little slip of a woman, who looks like my
little niece Sophia gone bad, totally tearing the venue up on her blazing blues guitar. Now
her show has become one of our summer milestone events. Here's a video sample
of her typical guitar style

I'm going to park my Vanagon at the nearby Gravity Brewpub around 5 to get something
before the show, then walk across the tracks early to the venue before the 6:30 start.

Anyone who wants to stop by to talk Vanagons beforehand, then hit the show, is welcome to join.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by sanchius on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

Oops, I was updating some text and hit the quote button instead of the edit button
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

If I'm in town? I'll check out the show. Check her out playing War Pigs. She rocks! I haven't been in the Vanagon forum lately. I've been lurking in the Split Window world. It would be fun to see a turn out.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

We're supposed to be taking a 3-week excursion to Banff and parts between during that time, but if it gets cancelled for whatever reason as it did last year, we'll be there.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Birdcage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

Sounds like fun, we may join ya.
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

Bump for this Friday. Bays and Splits are always welcome too.

sanchius wrote:
It's still over a month out, but I thought I'd put this on the Colorado radar: one of the
highlights of our summer happens Friday July 15: Samantha Fish playing at the
free Louisville (Colorado) Friday night street faire. It's a fun show and its a perfect
excuse for a summer meet to follow up on last winter's South American expedition
show by Tim and Emily of SubagonSouth. And it's free!

We try to make it out to the Louisville street faire most Friday nights in the summer for its
eclectic mix of bluegrass (with real freight trains going by right behind the stage), old rock
and other like music in an adult/family friendly atmosphere

But a couple years ago my two daughters (below) insisted that we catch Samantha Fish
there and we were completely blown away by this little slip of a woman, who looks like my
little niece Sophia gone bad, totally tearing the venue up on her blazing blues guitar. Now
her show has become one of our summer milestone events. Here's a video sample
of her typical guitar style

I'm going to park my Vanagon at the nearby Gravity Brewpub around 5 to get something
before the show, then walk across the tracks early to the venue before the 6:30 start.

Anyone who wants to stop by to talk Vanagons beforehand, then hit the show, is welcome to join.

Colorado Yeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

My brother-in-law lives in Boulder. We had talked about trying to see a concert on Friday Night. I might try to drive down from Fort Fun. Brown '85 Westy named "Chewey".
DAV!D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

I'd go, but no way I'd get there early enough. I'm working way down in highlands Ranch and traffic on a Friday would be nasty headed up there. Too bad it's not a Sat.
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Denver meet @ free Samantha Fish concert July 15, Louisville CO Reply with quote

Final bump for tonight
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: