Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Patrippia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

Thanks, Bill.

However, my regular mechanic - Gary, in Chilliwack, tracked one down for me in Hope. A used one with 125,000 KMs on it. Having it shipped now.
Fingers crossed all goes well.
Having work done by Cal Ross of Premier Motors in Regina -- very knowledgeable and good reports on him -- nice guy.

Expect delivery AND installation to be complete by this time next week, meanwhile I'm getting to know a little bit about Regina, Sask. Smile
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

Patrippia wrote:
Thanks, Bill.

However, my regular mechanic - Gary, in Chilliwack, tracked one down for me in Hope. A used one with 125,000 KMs on it. Having it shipped now.
Having work done by Cal Ross of Premier Motors in Regina -- very knowledgeable and good reports on him -- nice guy.

Expect delivery AND installation to be complete by this time next week, meanwhile I'm getting to know a little bit about Regina, Sask. Smile

I've already learned it's not in Alberta...great news and good to see you on the recovery road
Patrippia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

I am confused, bill/Wildenbeast.
I posted this yesterday around 4 pm.

Thanks, Bill.

I also sent/tried to send a personal reply to you saying I was in contact with Rob in Sarnia.
New to posting on Samba and am challenged to figure out how to reply to specific posts on here.
Fingers crossed you see this one.
Patrippia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

Itsamoto -- and all ...
I did consider buying the van in Calgary, until my Chilliwack mechanic found one for me in Hope. Fingers crossed it arrives here by Tues -- of course Monday would be better -- time will tell. Smile

Checked out the one linked to in Kelowna - can't recall (I'm been to so many sites and ads) why no action there; think it might have been a standard.

Checked out German Transaxle in Portland -- prohibitive cost -- as was/is GoWesty.
Connected with someone back east (Sarnia) -- close, but Hope option is the closest fit; same year, same code, so fewer alterations required.
Fingers crossed. Smile
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

Patricia - if you go up to the Forums button or the Top Bar you will see a PMs: x messages or PRIVATE MESSAGES link where people can converse with you privately

Sorry if I am out of line with this, no offense intended. It looked like you were getting a little scrambled between forum posts and messages.
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

Any luck?

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
Patrippia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: ISO '93 EuroVan Trannie Control Unit 098927731B due to bad luck! Reply with quote

Now need a 098927731B TCU for 1993 Eurovan

Found a used 1993 Eurovan Transmission and had it installed and was on the road again Tues Aug 2nd and Wed Aug 3rd. Clocked over 600 KMs before being caught in a stunningly horrific electrical storm for 1/2 hr immediately after turning off Hwy 1 to go to Souris MB.

Was great to be back on the road after previous ordeal replacing trannie.
Spent a pleasant afternoon and then overnighted in Souris and struck out for the Maritimes the next morning.

After less than 20 minutes of driving I knew something was wrong, much to my chagrin. Long story short -- tried to limp back to Regina for repairs and ended up being towed in again -- end of day Thur Aug 4 to learn "Westy' had sustained water damage during the storm.

Mechanics were able to get her up and running by end of day Fri, BUT the display panel on dash fades in and out and so they now figure it would be best to replace the transmission control module as it seems to have been damaged. There was lots of water around the plug and ... So, now in search of a TCU, part # 098927731B for my 1993 EuroVan.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Pat needs help with Eurovan TCU, new issue Reply with quote

Anyone here know the ins and outs of TCU compatability and software on T4 TCU? I don't even know where mine is except it has something to do with Horned Frogs.

Patricia's getting tired of Regina, probably,because it's named after a mean girl..
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

Looks like here's one on eBay:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/182156895741?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I would also call German Transaxle for one.

That sucks, I definitely feel your pain .

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

I checked on car-part.com ant there are 17 of them listed. Looks like there's a VIN split for it. I'd live chat with each one and see if you can get the part number off the box they have. They seem to be going for around 150 USD.
Mr Brown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for used, remanuf'd or crate 1993 Eurovan Transmission Reply with quote

How did the Transmission ECM get water on it? It is inside the van. More likely water in a connection to the transmission itself. Do you have the sound deadening pan installed?

The same fellow I recommended for the transmission earlier has an ECM, I had it in my hand the other day.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: