Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgtips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ? Reply with quote

Hi,

this is a bit of an unusual request for help but I am running into problems getting parts shipped from West Coast Metric, Harbor City CA to the UK.

I don't know for sure whether the problem is with the courier who is supposed to collect (FedEx) or WCM not packaging/labelling it up properly or something else but its starting to become more difficult than it should be and I just wonder if there might be a nicer way to do this.

My difficulty is I am UK based but I arranged a courier, paid in full, then sent WCM the label. All that had to happen was WCM put the label on the box and courier collects. It should have been straightforward enough but 2 weeks later the parts haven't moved and courier says they keep attending and I can't figure out what the issue is. I emailed WCM several times but its not making any sense.

Courier company say "the courier informed that there was a failed collection attempt , please ensure the sender handover the parcel "
but why wouldn't they hand over my fully paid for good ? Its all a bit odd.
I'm going to try again today to resolve this but I'm 8 hours out timezone.

If anyone is nearby maybe another option might be open to me, if I don't make progress today someone pick it up on my behalf, then I'll sort out the courier from yours to mine. Its small and lightweight, 2 x side window woods.

I know its a big ask but I'm hoping a fellow enthusiast could give me a lift up here if it remains in deadlock for much longer,

Many thanks,
PG
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FeelthySanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ? Reply with quote

PG,
An odd situation for sure.
But, are all parties aware of FedEx's international delivery policies?
The only reason I ask is because for any type of int'l delivery, FX used to have an additional flat rate of USD $25 per parcel, on top of normal fees. Bastards.

Maybe shoot me a PM w/ the invoice # & other pertinent details, as I get by there once or twice a week. Might be able lean on somebody Twisted Evil
Enough clue..Whats that mean?
OldIronSpine wrote:
I'm not sure how compression works.
Turbos don't produce torque, they produce HP. Instead of torque.
The real problem with NA engines is you don't hear the nice whine of the turbo as it spools up.
Before I commit, I'm going to do more research because I don't really know what piston rings are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ? Reply with quote

Hi. A samba member here 420GOAT lives very close, city of Wilmington. He also sells items in the classifieds so should be knowledgeable about shipping.
Bill
andrewvwclassic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ? Reply with quote

Would seem kind of hard to do for anyone considering when you try to use their sight it will not allow you to log into your own account. I needed seat tracks they had for my type 3 and wound up getting them somewhere else. Imo if a site hase the welcome lights on and acts funny too, do not trust them. So there is my opinion I have heard a lot of people order from them without problems but with all the legit reputable sellers I have dealt with, with satisfaction, I have no problem overlooking them.
pgtips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ? Reply with quote

the shipping side of things was all fine, I arranged to FedEx, weights, content etc all good there. The problem is it just doesn't look like label was attached to box or its not being handed over.

Now West Coast Metric are saying they DID hand it over several days ago, but don't tell me which day and no receipt or slip to show this. Fed Ex still saying no package collected.

If it wasn't so important I wouldn't mind but I expected the parts here by now, a pair of 1/4 woods for my bug, https://www.westcoastmetric.com/product/151-211A%2...m_search=1

I've arranged packaging for years, you have to if you want odd parts sometimes, and never had anything so difficult as this.

So now its a bigger problem, WCM say they handed it over and its not their problem (its mine !), FedEx say they've not recieve anything (and WCM wouldn't hand it over to them) but the bottom line is I've still got a bug in my garage that I can't finish Confused

I need the parts not a shed load of hassle.

Trim ring info here -> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=559668
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=451210
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479721
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chochobeef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ? Reply with quote

If WCM said they handed the package over, then its now FEDEX's fault and issue. You paid for a label correct? Said label has a number on it. Do you have this number? If so, this is now on FEDEX to find the driver who went to this location to pick up the box. Raise hell with them. Goto managers in the departments until you get/find someone who is going to help you. If they disconnect, call again and raise more hell, and go higher in the chain. Get names of people you talk to and the office they are in.

Should you have to do this? No. Does it need to be done? Yes.

I feel bad for you. I personally hate FEDEX as they have lost more shit than I care to remember from a previous job of mine where shipping was important. I hope you can get this resolved.
FeelthySanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ? Reply with quote

PG,
Just sux.
The FX situation now sounds quite like a "smoked parcel": the lorry driver blew it.
Aka: package disappeared/stolen.
The FX Track # from any documentation will be of benefit here, & prepare to camp-out by the phone for hours. Raise all HELL & G' luck.
Enough clue..Whats that mean?
OldIronSpine wrote:
I'm not sure how compression works.
Turbos don't produce torque, they produce HP. Instead of torque.
The real problem with NA engines is you don't hear the nice whine of the turbo as it spools up.
Before I commit, I'm going to do more research because I don't really know what piston rings are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pgtips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: anyone live near West Coast Metric, Harbor City, CA ? Reply with quote

I'm not so quick to point the blame to FedEx to be fair, I just need to know what day / time it was handed over, I think FedEx are being proactive to solve this and I would use them again.

Trim ring info here -> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=559668
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=451210
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479721
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: