Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Concourse Autobody - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 67429merc
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 31, 2019
Basketcase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Concourse Autobody - [email protected] Reply with quote

Last fall my Wife's Ghia was hit in the driver's fender, also damaging the left turn signal and front bumper. I checked on The Samba for VW shops, and found Concourse Autobody in Alliance,Ohio, just over an hour away. I contacted him, and we took the car up for them to check out. We agreed to let them do the work. The car was delevered to him on October 8,2013. He had to source parts before he could start on the car, we told him there was no rush since do to the time of year the car would be parked for the winter anyway. It was January before work was started, with the car sitting outside.
When the car was purchased, it was a good 20 footer, needing new paint. Some areas were cracked, but it still had a good shine. All the bodyshop was supposed to do was repair the wreck damage. This included the driver's fender(front half,driver's turn signal assembly,and front bumper. We picked the car up on may 31. The repaired are looked really good. When we got the car home, we noticed that the hood,roof,and trunklid had been buffed, someplaces down to the primer. The car is red, so this is really noticable where it looks like was is in the paint. I contacted the shop owner (Mike Sutton) about the car, he he swore that the paint looks like this because it sat outside all winter. We had a really bad winter in Ohio, and between the road salt,cold temps, we were in no hurry to get the car. Then a few days later i washed the car, and the two moldings on the fender fell off because the shop reused the original clips, and then I noticed the new turn signal lens had an inncorrect screw and washer holding one side on because whoever installed it broke out the mounting area. I emailed the shop owner again, and he totally ignored these problems, and again I mentioned the obvious buffing, he tersely replied no one at his shop had done it and the car had been painted before with tractor paint. we have pictures as late as the day of the wreck and you can tell the paint didn't look the way it does now. We had the insurance company look the car over, and in their pictures from the wreck you can clearly tell the paint has been damaged since then. This started out as a hopefull experence, but quickly changed when these problems surfaced. We knew from the begining that the repaired fender would look better than the rest of the car, and if the shop had only done this work and stopped, all would be fine. But that's not the way things went.

Last edited by Basketcase on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed his listing based on this feedback.

This is sort of a pet peeve of mine but the correct spelling is
Concours
not
Concourse

I wouldn't trust a place that doesn't know the difference.
(Sorry if that sounds rude)
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Basketcase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took Concourse right off his business card.
And anther thing, I repeatedly asked for pictures of the repair work since we are so far away, and with my woek schedule I couldn't get up there, and he could never send any untill the fender was in primer. After finding these issues, I am wondering about the quilaty of that work.
Basketcase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photos of the car, before and after Concourse are in my gallery.
67429merc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Concourse Autobody Reply with quote

Hey dave if your going to run me into the ground you should tell the entire story with all the facts! One real important one! As stated it was an insurance claim,remember? Your insurance co. issued you a check to you!! And you cash it and spent the money???? That is why your car took so long to get done and sat outside all winter?? You had to wait on your income tax return!! And hate to tell you,but your car is RUFF!!!! Full of body filler and as your said painted with some type of cheap enamel that has cracked!!! Never claimed to be a miracle worker?? Funny you attack my integrity and you don't have any of your own!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Basketcase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Concourse Autobody Reply with quote

anyone with any questions on this matter need to call Hagerty Insurance, and ask their adjuster, the same one who inspected the car before and after it went to your shop. and the deck screw holding the new turn signal lense on speaks volumes of the quality of the work done.and two other body shops agree the paint wasn't damaged by sitting outside, even cold and snow don't make swirl marks in paint.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: