Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Custom Ghia Interior
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pajerodu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Custom Ghia Interior Reply with quote

I know prices can be all over the place, but what is a good price to have the interior (seats, carpet, side panels) done on a ghia. Not going stock but doing something custom. The headliner is already done. I'm getting quotes from 2k up to 5k. Thanks.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Ghia Interior Reply with quote

location, location, location.
I spent less than $2K. Recovered 4 doors cards plus install, headliner, carpet (install only I provided Newton Comm carpet), pad and recover front and rear seats matched ragtop headliner to rest of car. I brought pics of what i wanted to the upholstery shop so they just had to copy the pics.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Ghia Interior Reply with quote

Check out SEWFINE. They can make seat covers, door panels, etc. in most any style you want. You install them yourself and save some $$$...not difficult to do at all.

http://www.sewfineproducts.com/
'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
corniglio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Ghia Interior Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

i was inspired by greg's garage on youtube
i took my old seats and door upholstery off and had the wife use them as a pattern. the material i used was automotive grade vinyl and tweed and cost about 300 dollars at a fabric store.
you can do this. its part of the adventure.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Custom Ghia Interior Reply with quote

The prices that you were quoted for custom work are not that far off the mark.
In Ohio I had Bill Webner at the WagonWerks rebuild and recover my seats. He also did the door panels. I ordered a wool squareweave carpet kit from Lenny Copp at West Coast Classic Restoration and installed that myself. The work was done in 2005-06 and the total including carpet was $3200.
corniglio did a real nice job! If you have the skills and the vision (I don't) you could save some $'s by doing it yourself Cool

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: