Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Reflective Westfalia Stickers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

You hit the nail on the head!
But, there are a bunch of folks who already bought them - some who were already shipped out. Had to have more made after the first run sold out.
If folks want to buy from Canada and pay $12 shipping, let them save their money! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
Stickers are going out this afternoon!
Had to order material to make more! Thanks all for the support, keep an eye on your mailboxes!

Thanks Mike!

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
mike, I don't know why you bother. fuck em. let them get it cheaper somewhere else.

I ran into the same thing when I had these made

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

it was so I could run a late black face speedo in an early cluster. didn't feel like reinventing the wheel, and had these made. all told, I was into them for like 80.00.

someone asked for one some time ago. told them 20 shipped. their reply? "dude, for a sticker?"

well, asshole, go to the sign place talk with the artist, go over the proofs then have them made. these are a nice plasticky thick kind of material.

so, after you sell 10 of them, you'll get yours for "free"...no good deed goes unpunished mike....

This is one of the penalties of having things custom made! It only becomes cost effective, if one can have things made in bulk, because the set-up cost is fixed. It's the principal reason I didn't attempt to commision the production of fully-optimised, cross-over-arm, pantograph rear window wipers for the 1968~79 VW Type 2 rear hatch, rather than rely on a dwindling supply of second-hand parts, from early-1980s donor cars.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

I almost want to buy one of those decals just because you all made them. If I had a late bay Westy I would totally rock that. Even if it was cheaper at GS. I'd buy one because some regular Samba brothers made it happen on this very thread. It's like Girl Scout cookies. You don't buy multiple boxes of these stupid cookies because your getting a good deal. You do it for the cause and you're helping your friends daughter out and it's nice. Glad to see all you guys buying these decals, good on you. I do like me some Thin Mints Very Happy

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Tcash wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Is the stallion missing something?

Water wings? Webbed feet?

77 Westy 2.0L Rockin and Rolling Resto!

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
79 Tran$porter... Parts car money machine (gone)
Zelten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Any of these stickers shipped yet? I bought one 2 weeks ago. Haven't received it yet.
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Yup! As of now, everything that came in - has gone out.
Some shipped on the 11th, the 14th, and the last ones on the 20th.
I held off on shipping, because the first 10 I made all had the square L. So, I ordered more material to remake them with the rounded L. I made a bunch, shipped a bunch and had to make even more. Sold about 25 so far.
I know your screen-name, but if you PM me your name or address I can look up what day I shipped yours.

Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Zeltens in my back yard if mine show up first I'll give him his till his show up Wink

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Just sent payment for one via Paypal. Thanks for making these. Super stoked to receive! Very Happy
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

The decals arrived today! One word.... AWESOME! Very Happy Exclamation Thank you again for making them! And yes I kept the black border on!! Wink

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Dang, I need to get my top fixed up so I can install my stickers!

Looks good!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obieoberstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

The Rustoleum paint is beginning to flake after 12 years, so, the top is next on the list of things to fix. Gonna need a new sticker.

PM sent.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Finally got mine installed! I did some fix up and paint work on my pop-top so I was able to install the stickers. More info on the fix up in my '78 TDI thread (signature).

I'll try to get a pic this evening of one reflecting.

Thanks!!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Looks awesome!
Even cooler, because IIRChose were also the trim rings from my 13 Beetle! Lol
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Thanks! Yup, those rims are from a '13ish Beetle!

Here is a pic of the sticker reflecting (phone camera flash) at night.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: