Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dellorto 36 value?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: dellorto 36 value? Reply with quote

long story short, I will be pulling my 1904 out of my 71 westy and be going Subaru in that bus as well.

although the 1904 served me well, I am not sure what the best way to go about trying to recoup some money. I don't expect to get what I paid for everything, but my first thought was sell it as a turn key (has about 3,500 miles on it)

or I was thinking of selling the carbs separately (or even part out the engine...carbs, DRD L3 heads etc)

I haven't seen any around for sale that didn't need work. these were done by art at ACE before he sold the biz. really and truly, hit the key and go. all dialed in to the engine they are on.

I was thinking about doing the carbs, linkage, intakes...the works. what would be a fair price? again, I haven't followed this stuff for a few years, and recent searches don't seem to pop up decent carbs ready to run.

just looking to be fair in putting a price on them without taking *too* big a bath on them

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
sullydog93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: dellorto 36 value? Reply with quote

The weber clones have put a ceiling on the dual carb market.
Granted the Dells are much better carbs.

I would not expect to get more than $500 for dual 36's in
very good condition...
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: dellorto 36 value? Reply with quote

I think the carbs are worth 300, in average condition.
Good working order and with manifolds/filters/linkage, 500 should be fair

You are right usually things sell for more separately.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: dellorto 36 value? Reply with quote

If they were completely redone with new shaft bearings and all of the business at Ace, they are in the $500-700 range depending on what manifolds, linkage, and filters are with them. If the plating and hardware is super clean you might get more from the right person
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: dellorto 36 value? Reply with quote

fair enough. when the time comes, I will post photo's here so you guys can see what they are.

I don't recall getting a receipt from ACE, other than they were rebuilt. I may have the old emails to back up my claims. I know that it had the throttle shaft bearings done etc. they honestly look brand new. like I said, I want to be fair and don't expect to get what I paid for them.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I may go as far to make a video of them if/when I sell them.

too bad the china stuff has flooded the market. but, it is what it is as the saying goes...

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: