Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

I warned people about this guy 4 years ago, yet folks continued to give him "the benefit of the doubt"

well, if what is posted is true, looks like your cars and parts are gone. what a mess.

I will keep my ears open. if I find something I will post it here

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
vwcapecod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Who ever he sold the cars to have bought stolen cars. When they go to reg register them they will be in for a big shock!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

vwcapecod wrote:
Who ever he sold the cars to have bought stolen cars. When they go to reg register them they will be in for a big shock!

I don't know about that....

totally a grey area, but if a tenant leaves a property I am pretty sure the property owner can take possession of the left over contents of the building.

again, I am not sure what the law says about that...

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

herbyderby wrote:
No Wonder Captain Norm doesn't want to speak with anyone, Norm sold the remaining cars and parts out of the Sommersworth shop after locking Brim out for back rent, fully aware the cars & parts were the clients and never belonged to Brim. So, while Brim should be held accountable for repayment of funds for unfinished work, It is actually Captain Norm who stole the cars and parts by selling them without the owners permission for profit instead of calling the police. It is Norm who should be held legally responsible for repayment of any missing vehicles & items . At least in regard to the Sommersworth Shop. As of this week, the only car in the shop is a white convertible bug w a black top and California plate. I was told all other parts went to the scrap yard.

pray do tell, who is "Captain Norm" ?

edit: nevermind , landlord of one the shops Brim was renting.

Last edited by iamdonquixote on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

vwcapecod wrote:

also todd, sorry to hear about this, people who know you know you are underserving of Brim's wrongdoing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwcapecod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Thanks. Everyone I've talked to that have been taken are undeserving of this. Some very nice people out have been screwed by him. As far as the land owner selling the cars he has to go through all legal procedures to take ownership then the cars have to be retitled in his name before they can be sold illegally or there stolen. It's as simple as that. And that to my knowledge was never done. If you had a car there call the police and report it stolen. As far as my cars are concerned brim has come clean and told me he sold them because he needed money! Directly from his mouth. They are a 54 oval and a 53 split
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

well, in CT I could scrap the cars but I do agree that this is a grey area.

I can scrap a 2016 if it has no engine or transmission, no questions asked at the scrapper because it isn't a "motor vehicle" anymore, yet if I brought the same car say missing the rear 1/4 or roof only and still has the engine/trans, it is now a "motor vehicle" and a title is required.

Connecticut does not require a title for vehicles over 20 model years old....or a vehicle with no driveline, no matter what the year

again, I am not 100% on what the legality is for the landlord but if it were just a bunch of bodies, no pans or a body with no drive line I could scrap the cars here in CT with no problem. the blame for the crushed cars would still fall on brim, as he was a tenant that bagged ass and left town. the landlord legally isn't on the hook for squat. he simply scrapped a non paying tenants leftover belongings

you guys are f*cked....

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
vwcapecod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

The landlord can do anything he wants but the people who buy the car if they try to reregister it it comes up as stolen and will be confiscated I had a friend who bought a car from a barn it had been there since the 60s he spent the money to restore the entire car and went to register it and it came up as stolen and he lost his entire car. The law is very specific as to how it's dealt with their needs to be notice filing in the newspaper It really doesn't matter if your state is a title state or not the vehicle is registered under a VIN number and if that number comes back stolen then the car is confiscated it's just a big mess !!! And a real bummer for all the people that had cars there.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

yes, I agree that "down the road" it could be a real mess if the bodies were fixed and they tried to register the cars again. I think it sucks for everyone involved for sure. this has to be a nightmare for all of you Crying or Very sad

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

anybody buying a car without a title or a legit registration is a fool...

That being said though, those that do buy them are usually the one's that have no problem swapping vin's out, titling as a different year car, or cutting them up and parting them out...

can't tell you how many times I'v come across, "its an oval, but its titled as a '69.."
vwcapecod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

I'm not saying someone can't find a way around it just saying its not legal or rite in this situation people got taken by a con artist and its BS. After talking to the police in ME,NHand CT. Brim is going to be in jail for a long time. That's karma. That doesn't help the people he has screwed. Brim has made this a mess. And has put good people in a shitty situations. It's crappy!! It's hard when people who you consider to be good friends steel from you. Sucks!! Anyway on a positive note through all of this shit I have met some very nice people who I never knew so it's a win for me thanks brim!! I win ass hole!!
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
anybody buying a car without a title or a legit registration is a fool...

That being said though, those that do buy them are usually the one's that have no problem swapping vin's out, titling as a different year car, or cutting them up and parting them out...

can't tell you how many times I'v come across, "its an oval, but its titled as a '69.."

Okay I have to comment....

How many cars or friends do you have that have dealt with Brim (do you even know him)? When and where have you learned what every state and Federal law is for shops or cars. Each state does have different rules in case you don't know. One person said that one shop owner has scraped everything, one person once said that Elvis was alive still.

The only thing I see you do here is come on and say how you know about everything and try to plug your shop. Maybe you should work at your shop and stop telling us what rules you have in your state and how we are wrong. You ever registered something in NH, I have. You ever filed abandoned paperwork, I have. You ever met Brim, I have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
herbyderby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

One person said that one shop owner has scraped everything, one person once said that Elvis was alive still.

Dude, do you think I am lying? I stopped by The Sommersworth shop last Tuesday and spoke with Brim's old assistant Kieth and saw first hand a completely empty shop, upstairs and downstairs and all bays. When I asked" what happened to all the stuff?" Keith said the landlord Norm sold what he could to make up for back rent, took all the power tools and then payed Kieth to scrap anything left over. Norm had that Karmin Gia listed on Craigslist Boston last week.
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

herbyderby sorry I did not want to come off like that to you. What I was saying is that one person made a comment and some one that has NOTHING to do with this mess come in and tell us everything should be this or that. There is always 2 sides to any story and we have just yours on the cleaning out of that shop. Not saying anything you said is wrong but.... I do know there is a lot of things in the background happening that most don't know about.

This entire mess needed to end LONG ago. Back 20+ years ago I was going to send a Bug to him and did lots of research and decided that he was not the guy for the job. That was before the "accident" and all the other issues.

One thing I have to say is why does a one guy shop have 2 or more shops and more than 2 cars at one time. The body shop of the place I worked at with 2 frame machines and a crew that includes a floor sweeper never had more than 25 cars in the yard and that included the 10+ owners "project" cars and tow ins awaiting insurance stuff.

The one good thing of all this is that Brim is done and not going to be playing any of his games anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

I know one guy that has 2 cars still there (supposedly)

after speaking with that landlord (don't recall which location) he was stiffed 4K/month for rent...x2 years...that's 96K in BACK RENT ALONE!

I think he still has some of the cars and parts. from what I was told, some guys have tried to piece their stuff together....

the ghia on the body cart supposedly belonged to a fellow who owned the car for ever (not the original owner, but dam close) he has nothing to show for it now....

from what I know (and take it at face value) I wouldn't want to even associate with brim....deal with the landlord(s). it appears that brim may have some loan shark issues and he is being watched. supposedly he is in bangor, maine

I wouldn't want to get tangled up in that mess Shocked

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Brim left me a message from a home depot i providence ri over the weekend.

I think the shit bag is on the run and not staying in on spot for to long.
Ill try to post the voice translation since i did not answer the call and let it go to voice mail.

He promised a BIG tun around in 2 weeks. Who does he think he's fooling at this point. How many other people got a similar call?

What a looser
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Captain Slow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Slow, painful end to a story which should have ended years ago.

Brim has played his disappearing act again, saying he's in one place, being in another and not telling the truth about either.

There are a few more vehicles at the Strafford location, if you have not reached out to Jim Lund (contact information earlier in the thread) please do so. He is being kind enough to help us reconnect to our vehicles, but will needs to get his building back on the market for rent to end his losses due to Brim.
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Captain Slow wrote:

Brim has played his disappearing act again, saying he's in one place, being in another and not telling the truth about either.

brim = coward
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Another shell popped up in Somersworth NH, FYI:
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5875091941.html

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
SHAKERHILLVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

I first met Brim Bell in the 1990's, I have been a VW wrench for over 45 years and while semi-retired I still occasionally build a motor now and then.
In regards to Mr. Bell, he never impressed me with his knowledge or the state of his workshop. After several interactions with him there came the day, I think it was about 2005, where he stiffed me with a 3400.00 check for several rebuilt motors he purchased from me. After playing go-around with him for over a month I went to the local Police station and told them what happened. They finally got a hold of Brim and told him he'd committed a Felony and if he didn't fix things he would be formally charged. He did the smart thing and anted up shortly there after. It's sad to hear about all the people screwed over by this guy and with him having gone into hiding possibly we'll see an end to it although these guys have a way of popping back up several states away. In the seventies we had a VW shop in Lebanon, NH. that used to deal in stolen cars, a man drove by one day and saw some mechanics cutting up his missing car and that put an end to that little enterprise.
A few years back there was a man in Davisville, NH., Glen Ford who did excellent VW restoration work, but unfortunately he moved down South to one of the Carolina's. He was my last major buyer of motors I rebuilt. Nice fellow. I wish him well where ever he ended up.

In regards to Brim's landlord selling cars that were at Brim's shop, I hope he talked to a Lawyer before he sold them, he might be in a world of shit if he didn't contact the owners first. But that's his problem.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: