Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

V-I-T-O-N
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

In case anyone else spells it wrong, it is spelled VITON, and not VITRON, I know that because VeDubTech caught my spelling error, He is really good at catching spelling errors. I also told him that putting up with him was like having to live with 10 Woody Allens. I was only kidding, it is more like a dozen. OOPS. I wasn't supposed to say that. Sorry.

No - he is a great guy even if he did catch my spelling error. VITON. See - I spelled it right this time. As in the VITON dipstick boot for a bay.

Last edited by SGKent on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Thanks for the spelling advise. Is that a duel master cylinder break part?

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pittwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Great for early BN2 and BN4 fuel pump and pressure regulator diaphrams.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Tom Powell wrote:

Aloha
tp

no - just spelling lessons directed to me by VeDubTech Smile

DUAL Master, DUAL Master, Tom - say it slowly D-U-A-L. Sounds like Duel Master. (I see your pun)

VITON. I will spell it as Viton. Yes sir.

Really I am LMAO!

OMG, now he will try to throw me in the brig. He's probably sticking pins in a doll made out to look like me. That is what these New Yorkers do you know. I would say more but it would get me in trouble again, and then someone from New York would knock on my door.

Knock
Knock
Knock

Creak as the door opens and a timid "yessss?"

We are here to represent a higher power in New York - one who wants you to spell right. How do you spell Viton?

"Umm, let me think, Can you say it again slowly?"

"V_I_T_O_N"

"Can I guess? Ummm, V,,,,,, E, no no I, T, O, N. VITON." Is that a city in Italy? I had a cousin once who dated an Italian from New York, ummm, I mean New Jersey. Isn't New York a part of New Jersey?"

Smile Smile Smile
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Tom Powell wrote:

Aloha
tp

Yes and it's for a 76' bus Rolling Eyes Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Hahaha....spelling checks from a curmudgeon. I always got a good laugh out of his posts. He must have to deal with children spelling during the day....and with his vast experience as a wrench head at a VW dealership....well there you go. I have to edit my posts 2-5 times just because I have sausage fingers! I do remember and miss what might be the crustiest
Bus on the planet....it should be in the Smithsonian...."The Rust Bus" kudos to VW Tech for pushing the limits on how far you
can drive these rigs even when there is little to nothing left structurally. And he helped alot of others out along the way with parts!
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

that was not a spelling error as much as it was a fat-finger. You hit the r as you fat fingered the t.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

brian is a good dude. I have chilled with him at some shows. real salt of the earth guy....unless you're a douchebag. then, he isn't so friendly. must be a northeast thing Razz

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
brian is a good dude. I have chilled with him at some shows. real salt of the earth guy....unless you're a douchebag. then, he isn't so friendly. must be a northeast thing Razz

Maybe that's why we get along so well. Sensitive Steve apparently can't grasp the fact that I corrected him so that the OP asking the question could search for the right part instead of something that doesn't exist. Do a search for vitron and see what you get. It wasn't a typo, he spelled it that way every time. I was simply letting the OP know to search for the right term. And I'm the prick. Dude are you gonna make it to the All Air Cooled Gathering this year? It's in Jersey, best air cooled show on the east coast, swap meet is huge.

Tom Powell wrote:
Thanks for the spelling advise.

While we're at it, you got spelling advice, not spelling advise.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
a measurement of your rod would be extremely useful.

notchboy wrote:
my dad wasnt a belittling cock when he tought me how to wrench on cars.

EverettB wrote:
One photo = good for reference.
10 photos = douchebaggery
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

When people spell "brakes" like "breaks," well, that's just the breaks.

Details about this Jursey show, please?
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com/

Flanders, NJ. Weekend after next. I'll be there vending parts, it's a really good show and worth the drive from damn near anywhere.
a measurement of your rod would be extremely useful.

notchboy wrote:
my dad wasnt a belittling cock when he tought me how to wrench on cars.

EverettB wrote:
One photo = good for reference.
10 photos = douchebaggery
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
When people spell "brakes" like "breaks," well, that's just the breaks.

Details about this Jursey show, please?
Robbie

Here you go: Wink

https://www.olx.com.pk/item/ideal-cows-jursy-and-f...Sxk0X.html
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Tom Powell wrote:

Aloha
tp

I see what you did there Laughing
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

its stainless steal
you should clean it with some tolulene
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Sounds like the only way to solve this is the manly way. I suggest you guys find a straight and level road to play chicken on in your buses. We'll turn it into a media event and take bets on who turns first. If neither turn then we'll collect the bus carnage and sell off the parts. Steve, I've got dibs on your engine.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Gary, if you get the engine, can I get the V-I-T-O-N dipstick tube?
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Oh, OH! I want the shezlacked and frishly cleened enterior. But only if its intacked after the crash Wink

Funny guys, funny. Sounds like the two of you need a beer together for sure.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Oh you guys crack me up. Some easy listening tunes for the death match Twisted Evil

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

VDubTech wrote:
Dude are you gonna make it to the All Air Cooled Gathering this year? It's in Jersey, best air cooled show on the east coast, swap meet is huge.

not this year. I will go next year (most likely) I am going to start on my campers soobarooohhh conversion over the winter.

I will have to make the valves all clattery so I can blend in with the aircooled folks Anxious

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Make sure you engineer the obligatory oil leak. They will find you out in a minute if not.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: