Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 849, 850, 851 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Combinations
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I've already put new headlights on your bus, the rest shouldn't be to hard to do.
Save it!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Combinations wrote:
I've already put new headlights on your bus, the rest shouldn't be to hard to do.
Save it!

According to the rules of internet sales, it is now 99% restored
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Combinations
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Combinations wrote:
Save it!

According to the rules of internet sales, it is now 99% restored

you can even mention in the add that it comes with a spare gas tanks and extra tire Smile

Did you get that bus?
what is the name of that coll color combo? I dig it too bad it wasn't lying on tires!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smoothfinishes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Thanks. if someone can add a side its ready to roll online.

It will be extracted shortly. If I had a couple mules I probably could have had it out already.

It is/was a Mouse Gray walk thru.
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

d-rick wrote:
Another one on its side...bottom side is solid,drivers side is pretty much gone..as in returned back to the earth

Looks like the tree is growing around the bumper guard and overrider Shocked
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Oddly, that has no doubt saved the frame from ruin , a few thousand in Gerson metal and its back in business.
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Finally, I can share what I found you all now that its in the driveway! I came across this '65 SO42 in a small mining town way back in the mountains here in Colorado about 7 months ago. I couldn't find the owner the first time I came across it, so I kept dropping by with my 15 window periodically until I ran into him. He wasn't really willing to let it go but we talked VWs for a while and I let him take my bus out for a drive and walked him through all the work we had done on it. I think this made him realize how much effort it takes to make these nice again and he changed his mind on letting go of it.

Its a relatively solid 1965 that still has the factory weld dimples in the rockers. Has some rust in the cargo floors from the top leaking and other holes here and there, but still so much nicer that what I've started with before.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Oh Yea !! Best thread on the Samba !!!!!! Delivered to Gibraltar ! Cool
Good job following the #1 rule of Bus Hunting. How hard was the extraction, did all the wheels roll ? How is the interior ?? Great save !

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

Good job following the #1 rule of Bus Hunting. How hard was the extraction, did all the wheels roll ? How is the interior ?? Great save !

Great looking Westy! Your bus must have an interesting history. Reminds me of this early 67' I had. Mine had the same nose mount spare too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice score!

Quote:

GJ = Gibraltar - Neat, I can't remember if I have ever seen a bus delivered there before.

Also 620 = 12-volt system
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

Extraction was not bad at all. Just moved some junk out of the way and pulled it out. Just had to put the rear 2 tires on, free up a frozen drum, and it was out of there! Interior is mostly complete, its just missing the long cabinet against the wall. This is all I have for interior shots at the moment. Found the original front seats in the back later.

I'll clean it up later to give a better idea of the shape its in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Nice score!
GJ = Gibraltar - Neat, I can't remember if I have ever seen a bus delivered there before.

I wonder what the story is behind it...
Gibraltar delivery + N. American package
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Was the original interior outside of the bus?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Nice score!

Tourist Delivery?
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

and a BN4!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

No most of it was inside, but it was all over the place inside. Cleaning it out and organizing it a bit helped a lot but also revealed some floor rust. Anyone have the big cabinet that goes along the wall just laying around and headbanger??

EverettB wrote:
easy e wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Nice score!

Tourist Delivery?

I was thinking that or maybe there was a military base out there. Apparently it went from Gibraltar to Anchorage, Alaska where it acquired the pressed in roof from snow weight.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

WillMoss wrote:

I was thinking that or maybe there was a military base out there.

Yes, but British. Big Navy presence until the 1980s (commanding position to control sea traffic in and out of the Mediterranean) plus RAF airfield and Army Baracks.

It's a good starting point for a tour of Southern Spain and North Africa (ferry link to Morocco) and Gib has a number of tax exemptions, so maybe it was shipped direct by someone going on a grand tour who didn't want to pay Spanish import taxes or drive it all the way from northern Europe.

The place is tiny. It's basically a large rock with a town at its base and a peninsula joining it to Spain.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

That interior looks like its half homemade and half bay window. The z bed you have looks like its out of a bay window.

WillMoss wrote:
crofty wrote:

No most of it was inside, but it was all over the place inside. Cleaning it out and organizing it a bit helped a lot but also revealed some floor rust. Anyone have the big cabinet that goes along the wall just laying around and headbanger??

EverettB wrote:
easy e wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Nice score!

Tourist Delivery?

I was thinking that or maybe there was a military base out there. Apparently it went from Gibraltar to Anchorage, Alaska where it acquired the pressed in roof from snow weight.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice find !! Great bus man, love the front rack.....
All kinds of other goodies too !!
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

bonecollector wrote:
From yesterdays travels.

It has been five weeks or so since you posted this. When are we going to see the extraction video? We have been patient.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 849, 850, 851 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 850 of 990

Jump to: