Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 187chamcham
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 29, 2016
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

187chamcham, is Joshua Chamness beware of this guy,
He puts a wanted add up for a double cab,so i happen to be working on a Turkis 1962 double cab i got from dmonger from Kansas i got here on the site.So I contacted 187chamcham and told him i have the 62 double cab for sale,but wont be ready for a few week because,i was in the middle of putting new rockers and a new cargo floor,i even put new hoops on the truck,so i sent pics to him and he was like ok i like it i want it,,So we Agreed on a price,He PAYPALS me a deposit at $500,i finished the bus up,as far as we agreed on.But he was short $2500,I was like ok well just pay when you get it in a few weeks,he agreed to that,and paid the rest in cash,come to find out he picks the bus up on 10/14/16 and shows up with cash,2 sealed envelopes wich i thought where at 5k each and a ziplock bag of cash was the rest,wich i didn't count,((my fault)),i just trusted the guy,i rote him a bill of sale and did not keep a copy,my bad there,
So i buy a 1959 impala with the cash and give that guy the 2 sealed envelopes,and hes like these only have 4k each,Thats when i went to contact Joshua Chamness 187chamcham and hes was at work and said he will call me later,never no call,
Ive sent TEXT messages,call and call,sent a email..nothing,now he has my number blocked,
that's a total of $4500 that Joshua Chamness is at fault,,i know i never counted the cash and will suck up the 2k but we agreed on the $2500,and for the simple fact he is hiding from me and deleting all of his adds here on the samba and deleting people and his name on Instagram,that tells me this is one shady guy,he cant get away with what i worked my ass off on,for him

the double cab was sold with a bill of sale to me only ,,so there is no title,
and i sold it to Josh Chamness aka 187chamcham that way..
lets all pull together and get this guy out of the Volkswagen scene,
i have a few people that have found his new address i will be posting pics,

Joshua Chamness
Lancaster, CA 93536
ANY HELP TO GET RID OF THIS GUY WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED,
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BAD KARMA WILL GETS THIS FUCK TOO.

Also uses
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KevinAlbrecht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: BEWARE OF,187 cham cham ,aka Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

Andre,

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but when dealing in cash I would always be counting money. Not only that, but I would be meeting at a bank to have them verify the amount. Sealed envelopes that you didn't open?

Come on..

WideFive wrote:
Single carbs are for lawn mowers!

Don't forget those seat-belts!
Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: BEWARE OF,187 cham cham ,aka Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about that Andre. Hopefully you get it squared away with him.

Always count the money!!!
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: BEWARE OF,187 cham cham ,aka Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
Sorry to hear about that Andre. Hopefully you get it squared away with him.

Always count the money!!!

yea i choked,,i just trusted him,,hes a home owner a Dad a Husband,
don't get why one would even go there and hide and delete stuff over such a deal..some people,man!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

This person has been banned from the site.

Let us know what happens.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
This person has been banned from the site.

Let us know what happens.

I will.
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

This all seems very strange to me,the seller didn't count the money? and how long did it take to realize you were short ?and your saying ur selling to a person you have never met or had any dealings with ?and you released the vehicle to the buyer claiming he still owes you money with out any type of signed agreement?As i being an attorney none of this ads up,I've seen this type of scams before of people claiming they still owe them money and released the vehicle without a future payment owed with out signatures.Why didn't you count the money when you received the money on the spot in front of the buyer? thats a normal way to do business right? Sounds like one of the dime a dozen scammer here.Buyer and sellers beware of these things.
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

calsurfnative wrote:
This all seems very strange to me,the seller didn't count the money? and how long did it take to realize you were short ?and your saying ur selling to a person you have never met or had any dealings with ?and you released the vehicle to the buyer claiming he still owes you money with out any type of signed agreement?As i being an attorney none of this ads up,I've seen this type of scams before of people claiming they still owe them money and released the vehicle without a future payment owed with out signatures.Why didn't you count the money when you received the money on the spot in front of the buyer? thats a normal way to do business right? Sounds like one of the dime a dozen scammer here.Buyer and sellers beware of these things.
ya I get what your saying..but I just trusted the guy..and felt he was a honest straight up guy..if anyone knows me I would never do any one like that.however I'm at fault for not counting the funds and will stand bie that..however we just had a man to man verbal agreement on the 2500..that's a straight deal..I will eat the 2k ..but fuck this guy for even avoiding me..I'm a straight guy and been here in the scene for a long time.
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

calsurfnative wrote:
sounds like you probably now him.being your from the same town?
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

No don't know the guy i read the majority of these post,with you being in the game for a while you need to be on the top of your game especially with your transactions Sorry lesson learned here. A third party like a bank should always be kept in mind so there are bank notes involved and no hard feelings or miss trusts.
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

calsurfnative wrote:
No don't know the guy i read the majority of these post,with you being in the game for a while you need to be on the top of your game especially with your transactions Sorry lesson learned here. A third party like a bank should always be kept in mind so there are bank notes involved and no hard feelings or miss trusts.
yep.this will be a lesson for sure..he's still a piece of work though..deleting his adds.here on this site.and his Instagram account..blocking me.and my number.oh and some buddys the where following him..that's just straight up sketchy stuff man!!I emailed him too..nothing...what is he hiding from????pay up and be done.come on..not a big deal..
19BLUE62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

Sounds like you made the worst mistake you could have made. ALWAYS COUNT THE MONEY FIRST!!! NEVER TRUST ANYONE!!! This seems like one of those who's right ,who's wrong situations. I've done business with him before, and never had any problems. Hopefully you guys can get this thing worked out.
OLDBUGPROJECT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

This sounds like a crazy transaction. The seller not counting the money just sounds impractical especially when dealing with large sums of money. I am also from the same town and have dealt with him before. I however, have never had a problem like the guy above me said. Always has been a nice guy and is very helpful. Sucks he has been removed from the site. Posting up that you know people, that know where he lives however can be incriminating and also doesnt sound like the smart thing to do. Kind of like not counting the money when the transaction was being made. Thats just my opinion. Hope it gets figured out.
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

OLDBUGPROJECT wrote:
This sounds like a crazy transaction. The seller not counting the money just sounds impractical especially when dealing with large sums of money. I am also from the same town and have dealt with him before. I however, have never had a problem like the guy above me said. Always has been a nice guy and is very helpful. Sucks he has been removed from the site. Posting up that you know people, that know where he lives however can be incriminating and also doesnt sound like the smart thing to do. Kind of like not counting the money when the transaction was being made. Thats just my opinion. Hope it gets figured out.

Thats just to prove he can not hide,and no it doesn't suck he got removed from here,,this kid is a thief,a bad person,a disgrace to the VW scene,like i said before, i will eat the 2k..but the 2500 that we shook on and agreed on is just down right a dirty sketchy move,come on man where all grown adults,Why am I blocked from his phone?why did he delete his 15 adds here? why is his Instagram account down?I emailed him,nothing, This guy is hiding out!IDONT GET ALL THAT.
THATS JUST SHADY
Busgirl57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

After reading all these replys and interesting story we all have to remember one thing "THERE IS ALWAYS THREE SIDE'S TO THE STORY" your side his side and then the truth.. Usually there is a reason someone is blocked if that's the case.. I'm wondering why the buyer was blocked from here.. Has there been other complaints about him? Has anyone else heard his side? Seems like you have been in this " scene" for awhile and obviously must know better maybe this is just a case of who know who and has the pull... Either way fact of the matter is buy and sell at your own risk.. me personally would be more mad at myself.. 1,2,3 strikes ..
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

Busgirl57 wrote:
After reading all these replys and interesting story we all have to remember one thing "THERE IS ALWAYS THREE SIDE'S TO THE STORY" your side his side and then the truth.. Usually there is a reason someone is blocked if that's the case.. I'm wondering why the buyer was blocked from here.. Has there been other complaints about him? Has anyone else heard his side? Seems like you have been in this " scene" for awhile and obviously must know better maybe this is just a case of who know who and has the pull... Either way fact of the matter is buy and sell at your own risk.. me personally would be more mad at myself.. 1,2,3 strikes ..

ok wheres his side of the story?????i did my part.thats just bad karma on him,im not going to wast any more of my time,,truth of the matter is he knows what the deal was!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

Admin comments:
The buyer is free to send me his side of the story and explain why he has not paid the additional $2500 due for the vehicle.

I did email him about the ban. He replied but offered no explanation.

Note: He can't post his side here since he is banned.
Update: He emailed me with an explanation, which I asked for further clarification with both the buyer and seller.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

update on my end,,i sent Everette all the text of our conversation about the bus,,its clearly states that 2500 was due on the bus,theres no mis understanding there. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

Funny how there's two "first time" posters basically defending the buyer.... ironically... the seller sold a blue-ish 1962... and one of the new posters has a similar username. Hmmm.... is it all a coincidence? I mean who really makes their first post as a third party in a feedback thread?
see above^^ 19BLUE62 + Busgirl57

Sorry to hear you got the short end of the stick Andre.
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: 187chamcham - [email protected] - Joshua Chamness Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
Funny how there's two "first time" posters basically defending the buyer.... ironically... the seller sold a blue-ish 1962... and one of the new posters has a similar username. Hmmm.... is it all a coincidence? I mean who really makes their first post as a third party in a feedback thread?
see above^^ 19BLUE62 + Busgirl57

Sorry to hear you got the short end of the stick Andre.

I know..I saw that..seriously..come on man..

thanks..for posting
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: