Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon, Meyers Manx Company posted information on Facebook that the are re-releasing the Classic Manx body. The information that follows was obtained from Meyers Manx (on Facebook). If you have any questions or would like to inquire about more information, the posted contact # is 760-7489-6321. The body will be in the Manx II style (flat rear seat, which is much more compatible with IRS rear ends). Body price in standard gelcoat - $2,200.00. Standard metalflake - add 400.00. Custom metalflake - add 600.00. Call Meyers Manx to inquire about shipping charges (they will probably refer you to their shipper for a more realistic quote).

We all know that Facebook posts can be a challenge to read once there are tons of responses, so it's probably best to call Meyers Manx directly for correct details.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/meyersmanx.official/

Website - http://meyersmanx.com/meyers-manx-classic-body-presale.html

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Good price
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Well I guess the days of the ridiculously high "Original" Manx will be over lol
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Sooooooo tempting. This isn't significantly different from the cost to fix issues on my body and paint it.

I've been wondering if the Kickout opening hood assembly will fit a classic body? I don't care for the wide opening over the engine on the Kickout.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Quick thoughts..

Will the last person who bought a Kick Out kit take a bow.

It gives the appearance of Meyers' believing their cow has five teats.

Q-Dog is right.. after seeing some of the resin gymnastics Vince had to do to resuscitate some 'originals' - this would be a good value. (if shipping was reasonable..)

KCG may be laughing ..however, even tho' there are some very good copies of luxury items made in China - even Chinese still prefer a real thing. I find it easier when I do not have to explain why what I have is not what 'they' though I had... (there are some very nicely designed non-copy buggies)

I wonder how the 'continuation' Cobras are selling...? I took a superficial look: an original sold for $13.5Mil ..a 'continuation' did not for $550k.

It also will not be long, as seen with 50's era cars, there will be no 'memory market' for buggies. The Meyers' may have a better read of the market and are paddling hard to catch that last little ripple.

Jim
Manx #2614
IowaRedManx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Bruce has said since the Classic Manx was produced in the 2000 - 2003 time, he would only produce 100 Classic Manx bodies.

Then there were some "blems" produced, now they will produce re-release editions of the "Classic". I think there are going to be some miffed "Classic Manx" owners.
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the adds in the classifieds for manx copy bodies for $6k? They are in Portugal though.

At least I think they are copies.
MANXXMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

IowaRedManx wrote:
Bruce has said since the Classic Manx was produced in the 2000 - 2003 time, he would only produce 100 Classic Manx bodies.

Then there were some "blems" produced, now they will produce re-release editions of the "Classic". I think there are going to be some miffed "Classic Manx" owners.

This is true. I produced some of the original 100 "limited edition" classic manx bodys. I was told by Bruce and Winnie that only 100 would ever be produces and then the molds would be destroyed. If I was one of the 100, I would be a little mad knowing that they are bringing this back to market, But what do I know.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Did they sell 100 of them back then?

MANXXMAN wrote:
IowaRedManx wrote:

This is true. I produced some of the original 100 "limited edition" classic manx bodys. I was told by Bruce and Winnie that only 100 would ever be produces and then the molds would be destroyed. If I was one of the 100, I would be a little mad knowing that they are bringing this back to market, But what do I know.

kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Did they sell 100 of them back then?

MANXXMAN wrote:
IowaRedManx wrote:

IowaRedManx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

I think the total original production run of the "Classic" Manx was 107.
This includes the Blems.
So, there are 100 original "Classic" Manx kits, plus 7 official "Classic" Manx Blem kits.
There are also going to be an undetermined number of new "Re-release, "Classic" Manx" kits.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Gotcha. Maybe someone should give bruce a call and get an explanation .

IowaRedManx wrote:
This includes the Blems.
So, there are 100 original "Classic" Manx kits, plus 7 official "Classic" Manx Blem kits.
There are also going to be an undetermined number of new "Re-release, "Classic" Manx" kits.

Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

I understood these were just bodies, not "kits."

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

kitcarguy wrote:
Gotcha. Maybe someone should give bruce a call and get an explanation .

IowaRedManx wrote:
This includes the Blems.

Then again, maybe not.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

The Classic was a full kit
manxdavid
Samba Member

Location: David Jones, Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Manxclub #678.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

By 'Classic' I presume people are refering to the 2000+ run of 'Signiture' kits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manxdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

The body will be in the Manx II style (flat rear seat, which is much more compatible with IRS rear ends).

What dashboard will come with it? Manx 1 or Manx 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

I'm totally getting one. I spent a while going back and forth with Paige at Meyers Manx. It is a Manx 2 flat seat with a two piece hood and dash. She said they are all ready on #12 and are back ordered until march. I just wish they had more generic base colors at no extra cost.
barrist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

Original's are Once, Right ?

Hope Jo Jo doesn't get this Idea.

When doe's the snow melt ?

Have a Great Day,

and MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!

Bill
crickifur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Meyers Manx re-releases Classic Manx body Reply with quote

So I guess that my only real question is... What does this do to the value of an original body?? I ask simply because I have found one in pretty good shape, complete with a hard top and canvas door covers (frames are good, canvas is basically a pattern. I was thinking about trying to get it away from the owner as it simply sits in a yard and looks like it has been for some time. The tag is there and no cracks...?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: