Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies>
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

Y'all might be interested in this, and it's very cheap:

http://tinyurl.com/y2mnoo

I bought an entire Coleman picnic set just because it had two of a stool 2" taller than this one in it, but now I can have that set complete for special occasions and keep this one in Winston's bench storage, where it fits very well. It stores flat, and has a 200 lb. capacity.

I sit at this when cooking at Winston's range, or when washing dishes, and it works quite nicely for getting up into the upper berth. It's a lot taller and lighter than those plastic stools you see for sale at the RV store.

Anyway, thought I'd pass it along.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JDub113
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

What did you find? The link is broken.
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

This is the closet to what I bought then--and still have and use now:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super-outdoor-Alum....65.g66E9k

The price seems to have gone up, but that's the stool. Mine was sold by MSR when they were toying with expanding their stuff for the 'camp kitchen.' Coleman doesn't have anything like it, now.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IoWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

I got one for under $10 at seasonal closeout at Walmart.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

Wow!

I picked up an aluminum folding table simila to that stool, I barely trust putting food and drink on it let alone the weight of an entire human body!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
Jeffrey Lee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

We’ve been using one of these for several years, minus the new wrap-around pockets: http://amzn.to/2fPGM1o

Serves as a stool for cooking & washing dishes with the top down, a step stool for reaching the upper bunk, or a footrest when sitting on the bench or swiveled front seat. This one includes a foam liner for storing hot/cold food, but we keep our trash & recycling in ours—out of sight and out of smell!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JDub113
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

Wow I thought this thread was from last month. My toddler is getting 2 rear molars coming in and I haven't had much sleep. Sorry. Shocked

When I sit in the back I always think of how I'd like to prop my feet up on a small stool or something when I'm out there on a lunch break and then I end up swiveling the front passenger seat and put my feet on the drivers seat.

I do like the small collapsible stool. That bucket sounds pretty good after your review!
Thom and the Flat Rats
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

I don't think I'll be buying one soon. Shipping is a little high to Canada. Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Now that I've got MINE... <Useful Stool for Westies> Reply with quote

Jeffrey Lee wrote:
we keep our trash & recycling in ours—out of sight and out of smell!

I also use an O ring sealed bucket for smell proof trash storage. Home Depot sells the resealable Gamma lid to fit a bucket. With a trash bag liner, in a pinch, it also works for stool.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: