Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Barndoor King and Link pins
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian macdowall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Barndoor King and Link pins Reply with quote

Does anyone know a supplier of king and link pins, I have found kits available with part number 211-498-021A but it seems according to my parts book that they are for 55 onwards. I need part number 211-498-021. I am not sure what the difference is or if I can use the 'A' version instead ?
Kasten68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor King and Link pins Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1783708
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor King and Link pins Reply with quote

New link pin set, available through various vendors:
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211498041

The 55-63 20mm link pins with needle bearings are a direct replacement for the earlier link pins with bushings and no needle bearings.
The earlier version w/o needle bearings has been NLA for decades and it is unusual to find them still on the bus let along in good condition. Hm, looks like the needle bearings started October 53, actually. So they are late 53-63 My June 53 still has the bushes.

Are your king pins missing? The king pins are different from post barndoor. Generally the spindles are rebuildable, the king pins usually can be machined and used. Though things can be bent or rusted and severely pitted. They would need to be inspected by someone who rebuilds spindles. The seals and bushes to rebuild them are available.

The set listed for sale in that link is not barndoor, though some parts can be used on barndoors. It is late 3/4 ton.

see 211 498 021 A
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

blatant shameless plug:

This guy rebuilds spindles including barndoor:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1036798

Though if you are in the UK you get to pay shipping both ways and so you might look around for someone in the UK who rebuilds steering knuckles.
Rusting Hulk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor King and Link pins Reply with quote

Ian did you find some? I can rebuild if you haven't had them done already. Matt has my number
Simon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: