Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76-79 Buses & 80-82 Vanagons CAT
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

Quakes and flakes.....yeehaw!!!! What a bunch of burnt out morons most of the people that get these rediculous laws in place are. Their next move will be to bring your 37 year old car up to modern standards for emissions. Thank fucking god I don't live there. Based on what I have read on this site alone I won't ever even drive either one of my antique cars anywhere near the border of Cali for fear of some young tree hugging asshole state cop pulling me over and taking a piece of me by force. It's absolutely pathetic at best. These idiots are more concerned about classic cars passing their dipshit emissions laws then they are about the half a million tons of crystal meth, smack, and bathtub coke that the Sinaloa Cartel is going bring in this year. I am surprised that there hasn't been a revolution in that state yet....but then again there are probably 30-40 percent of them living there illegally or collecting a check every month on our backs. That state sure as shit seems to be short on cash....constantly.
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

Bob, think about this for a minute or, an hour Shocked
those of us that live in CA. have alot on our plate every day dealing with all
the changes in our "perfect state" Razz

We pay a lot of taxes for things other states don't think twice about like the
roads we drive on everyday that cost quite a bit of money.

(Our roads are the WORST in the lower 48 states) Embarassed

We pay outrageous taxes in order to have people in our government jobs that
spend countless hours Web surfing and contributing useless information during their business hours. Confused and we have a half assed D.M.V. with frequent loss
of business hours because perhaps..there are Not enough capable employees
in the state to rectify this.
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

Well I quite like it here thanks. In fact I moved across a continent to be here. But... whatever.

I just want to get an idea of how to get a cat to smog this bus. Any advice on that would be welcome.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

Hoody wrote:
Quakes and flakes.....yeehaw!!!! What a bunch of burnt out morons most of the people that get these rediculous laws in place are. Their next move will be to bring your 37 year old car up to modern standards for emissions. Thank fucking god I don't live there. Based on what I have read on this site alone I won't ever even drive either one of my antique cars anywhere near the border of Cali for fear of some young tree hugging asshole state cop pulling me over and taking a piece of me by force. It's absolutely pathetic at best. These idiots are more concerned about classic cars passing their dipshit emissions laws then they are about the half a million tons of crystal meth, smack, and bathtub coke that the Sinaloa Cartel is going bring in this year. I am surprised that there hasn't been a revolution in that state yet....but then again there are probably 30-40 percent of them living there illegally or collecting a check every month on our backs. That state sure as shit seems to be short on cash....constantly.

CA is the 8th largest economy in the world. It sends about 500B into the Federal coffers and gets about 400B back - so 36 of the states are actually CA welfare recipients. Im a live and die NY-er but I am thankful we have states that fund the US like CA. Tax Foundation will tell you if you live in a welfare or producer state. Many fiscal conservatives are surprised by their states' status.

Quote:

Not even close to worst.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

tommu wrote:
I'm hoping it's already in the system.

No you don't! If someone failed a smog test badly before, it will end up as a "gross polluter" and be subject to an annual test instead of a biannual test, and you have to go to a Star Certified station, not just any Joe Bloe with a license.

Abscate wrote:
old DKP driver wrote:

Not even close to worst.

Yeah, I have to agree with Abscate on this one. I don't know when the last time y'all drove the continental states in a bus, but California ranks Numero Uno in highway engineering, and top five in road quality, easily.

No other state has properly banked freeway onramps that allow you to reach safe merging speeds by the merge point. No other state has such a comprehensive freeway network. They're too small, yes, as noticeable by traffic, but this is an issue of population density not road quality. Every city has traffic at 5pm, we just have drivers who know what lane to be in, rather than trying to dart across six lanes in 300 feet, *cough cough Midwest.*

Ever driven your rattle-free bus 10,000 miles around the continent, only to have three brand-new rattles show up after crossing the state of Michigan?

I have to hand it to South Dakota for having some killer smooth dirt roads and some really terrible paved highways. 45 on the packed dirt, 35 on the pavement is pretty standard for me there.

Please continue dissing the state; my opinions are in my signature line ironically. Sign me up for the secession. After all, what's the worst part about California?

Arizona.
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
After all, what's the worst part about California?

Robbie

STOCKTON,CA Evil or Very Mad

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
asiab3 wrote:
After all, what's the worst part about California?

Robbie

STOCKTON,CA Evil or Very Mad

How can that be? Doesn't SAMCRO do lots of there uhh, 'business' there? They too are an air-cooled club.

77 Westy 2.0L Rockin and Rolling Resto!

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
79 Tran$porter... Parts car money machine (gone)
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

P/N 339004 is the only CAT showing on Magnaflow's website as of today. This is a Universal fit CARB approved unit. EO is D 193-105

Any update on the direct fit unit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

Wasted youth wrote:
P/N 339004 is the only CAT showing on Magnaflow's website as of today. This is a Universal fit CARB approved unit. EO is D 193-105

Any update on the direct fit unit?

Not yet - I wrote Gabe earlier this week and have not heard back. He thought it would have been in production a month ago last I heard. I wrote the CEO's secretary and she passed it back to Gabe so everyone there knows we are waiting on it.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

part number is below. EO from CARB has not come yet, we need that before they can sell them.

SlowLane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
part number is below. EO from CARB has not come yet, we need that before they can sell them.

That's encouraging progress. Thank goodness they didn't decide to simply re-use the 339916 part number (the previously-touted "Direct-Fit" converter for air-cooled Vanagons). That would have caused no end of supply-chain nightmares.

Not sure I understand what the problem with the EO would be, as they are obviously using their 339000-series line of converters, which ought to be blanket-covered by E.O. D-193-105

Thanks for spreading the good news.
'72 Super Beetle
'69 Camper Van - Corvair powered
'71 Window Van - Transferred Corvair from '69

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine." - Internet RFC 1925

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." - Sir Terry Pratchett
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

Not in stock yet, but it's coming up in search results now. You can put in your email to be notified when it's available.

http://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=339449&searchTerm=339449

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

BayCreamPuff wrote:
Not in stock yet, but it's coming up in search results now. You can put in your email to be notified when it's available.

This is great news! Thanks to all of you who contributed to this project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

I followed Mr Kent's advice and contacted my local Senator - Anthony Portatino a few weeks ago. I got a call back from his office just now telling me they researched it and that, while not a perfect solution, I can go to BAR to be referred to the referee to see what parts may be available, what options they have or get a temporary waiver.

I mentioned that one of their 'options' in past has been to actually cut into or to modify the car to fit SMOG components that should be a direct fit.

I didn't get the answer I wanted - but I did get an answer. And now they have some more awareness of the ridiculousness of the current regulations. I urge more people to write in and complain.
SlowLane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

BayCreamPuff wrote:

Well, six months later, and PN 339449 is still "under development".
sigh.
'72 Super Beetle
'69 Camper Van - Corvair powered
'71 Window Van - Transferred Corvair from '69

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine." - Internet RFC 1925

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." - Sir Terry Pratchett
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

About three months ago I added my email to their service that would notify me
about updates. Never heard anything at all.
kevineo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

As of today still zero stock, zero notification. Perhaps NLA....anybody get a hold of busboys? Never answer.....I'm want to ship one to my brother out of state and forward to me in state for my FED 79bus. I went through this 4 years ago after bringing her home......headache.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Sign me up for the secession. After all, what's the worst part about California?

liberals come to mind....

Quote:

As of today still zero stock, zero notification. Perhaps NLA....anybody get a hold of busboys? Never answer.....I'm want to ship one to my brother out of state and forward to me in state for my FED 79bus. I went through this 4 years ago after bringing her home......headache.

call magnaflow? reach out to SG and see if he can answer. sadly, he seldom participates here anymore but may reply to you

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Sign me up for the secession. After all, what's the worst part about California?

The heavily populated area's. Everything else is basically heaven.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Magnaflow Orange Co. CA 76 - 79 Buses & 80 - 82 Vanagons Reply with quote

airkooledchris wrote:
asiab3 wrote:

The heavily populated area's. Everything else is basically heaven.

Man, both of you missed the joke. I'll leave the original post up above intact; you can read it for yourselves. Laughing

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: