Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

Brother I am way so glad that the nearest Interstate is 50 miles away. People in the cross walks always have the right of way, whether the cross walk is marked or not. Do not totally depend on your fancy dancy GPS units, they do give wrong info from time to time, well sometimes paper maps do to.
Someone mentioned a good sense of direction, me to and the wife cannot understand it, a built in GPS.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

I've got nav package on a 2014 toyota but the updates are expensive. I had a garmin but again it needed updates from time to time. I got an IPhone that's updated perhaps daily and I although the screen is smaller it seems to work better and easier than the other two.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

I thought the thread title was about some new program where road rage got the equivalent of frequent flier miles and upgrades to HOV lanes and free toll passes
Or
Added points against DL, increased insurance rates, and felony conviction to strip ability for fire arms ownership.

Thank god neither is subject of discussion
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

my59 wrote:

and felony conviction to strip ability for fire arms ownership.

That's the next step after they outlaw magazines holding more than one round.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

Please don't feed the trolls.
rubbachicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

it saddens me every day out on the freeways around san diego, the lack of people ability to drive safely.
most problems i have with entering and exiting the freeways, where people coming onto, and coming off the freeway have to mingle, my daily driver is lucy a 6000lb + vanagon with a stock 2.1, every day i have to try and fight my way on and off the freeways against modern cars with most likely 3 x the power, because the do not want to be stuck behind a vanagon for a few seconds, i'm trying to get to freeway speed so i can as safely as possible merge into the traffic, and some halfwit won't let me into the traffic, because he needs to get in front of me to then need to slow down to go around a corner, or i find the other way, i need to slow down to go around a corner, and some fool needs to run me out of road so he can get past me and out into the traffic.
then there's the optional turn signals, that it seems most cars did not come equipped with, fools bouncing between the lanes without using turn signals, some without even looking in their mirrors, then they feel the need to show me that they at least bought the "horn" option when they bought the car, because of my lack of mind reading to get out of their way.
then there's the bikers, the lane splitters, last i looked the freeways were not 4 and half lanes wide, i thought the aircooled bikers were given a little leeway to travel through standing traffic so their engines don't over heat, that seems to have evolved into coming through 30 mile an hour traffic at 60 or more, and kicking at cars who did not get out of their way, i am relieved daily when i get home Sad
i used tho think israeli drivers were the worst in the world, they do not come close to what i see everyday in So Cal Sad

lucy's BIG adventure

meet 'burni'

markswagen {mobile mechanic} san diego area all early VW's cared for.

619 201 0310 or 617 935 4182
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

Yeah, merging into traffic makes you wonder about folks; where their head is at.
I merge into traffic about 150 yards from a toll both. Traffic is usually creeping along, at speeds approaching the double digits, yet folks don't want to let you merge. Like letting someone in is gonna slow them down, from 7 mph to 5. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I think CA (AZ too) have tons of people from other states so their driving styles don't mix and create a massive cluster F.

There are tons of people from other states in my AZ town and they don't seem to follow normal rules of the road that we were taught, like understanding people in the crosswalk have the right of way.

It doesn't help when Phoenix and Scottsdale intersections can have EITHER leading green turn arrows, lagging green turn arrows, no turns unless green arrows, turns on flashing yellow arrows. And we're the land of left-lane huggers, and such huggers who go slower than the limit even; I guess they don't understand this concept of stay to the right unless passing.

Plus, I've been a Phoenix resident for 40 years, and still do not know if one can make a left turn from the "time-reversible" lanes between intersections on 7th Street and 7th Avenues.

By the way: I don't have GPS or anything similar, I would use a map, and I know how to fold it. Mrs. Cusser has something on her phone and it took us in a circle in Colorado Springs this summer when I could've exited and gone 2 miles straight to hotel (maybe she was trying to stall me from getting there and taking my clothes off !!!).
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
EverettB wrote:
I think CA (AZ too) have tons of people from other states so their driving styles don't mix and create a massive cluster F.

Plus, I've been a Phoenix resident for 40 years, and still do not know if one can make a left turn from the "time-reversible" lanes between intersections on 7th Street and 7th Avenues.

Between intersections: Looks like Yes.

Start reading: Very Happy
https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=phoenix+7th+street+center+lane+turn
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Earning points for Road Rage, is this the new norm for Calf? Reply with quote

SdAufKla wrote:

To paraphrase my ol' granny, "Son, would you drive off a bridge if your GPS told you to?" Unfortunately, the answer is "yes" for far too many Sheeple.

We had a couple from Canada folling their GPS drive right into Lake Huron a couple of years ago. Upon getting out of the water, they said "they were just following the GPS instructions". I guess somewhere along the line, the GPS they were using must have thought the lake was frozen over. Shocked Don't get me wrong, Anchor Bay does freeze over, and Ice fishermen get out there and fish (some taking their trucks with them) on it. In January they hold festivals on the ice on Sundays. Rolling Eyes You'll see a bunch of cars and trucks parked out there, along with snowmobilers and quad runners all flying around on the ice. Problem was, when the Canadian couple tried to cross, there wasn't any ice. Laughing
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: