Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

95 eurocamper is dead! ECM replacement
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwluge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: 95 eurocamper is dead! ECM replacement Reply with quote

I am so sad about my beautiful Eurocamper sitting lifeless. about 2 years ago it just stopped running in my driveway while warming up for a trip, and suddenly STOPPED running. i narrowed it the ECM located on the drivers side fender wall beside the battery. I sent it to a national ECM repair house and they said it could not be repaired due to water damage! I cant find a replacement and have searched on line and yards...I am reaching out for community HELP to ask for any leads. the limitation is a gas 95-96 only and automatic transmission.
if you have seen a donor or a yard who may be stocking a possibility PLEASE relay to this post. Thanks Jim Whitaker Auburn, NH [email protected]
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: 95 eurocamper is dead! ECM replacement Reply with quote

This one should work.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1964450

You would want to compare model numbers with yours to be sure though. As I understand it, using a '93 auto ECM would eliminate the knock sensor that your original '95 auto ECM had. Your '95 should have the higher compression ACU motor, while the '93 models had a lower compression AAF motor.
d-9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: 95 eurocamper is dead! ECM replacement Reply with quote

Find the part number off the side of your current ECM, which is going to be something like '023-906-022'. Search for that part number on german ebay, for example: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=023906022&_sacat=0

If possible, make sure that the letter at the end of the part number matches, this indicates the revision code of the ECM, but there are plenty of cases where the letter is one character different and the ECM is completely different and not compatible.

FYI, in europe an ECM is refered to as an ECU (Engine Control Unit).

The petrol engines aren't particuarly loved in europe, due to the high price of gas many are replaced with diesel engines. As a result, petrol T4 parts have almost no value here, I think I gave away my spare AET ECM.

If that doesn't work, post up as much information as possible about your current ECM and we will try and help. I would be wary about using an ECM for a different engine code unless there are lots of reports that it works properly.
Jeff's Old Volks Home
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: 95 eurocamper is dead! ECM replacement Reply with quote

I'm also looking for an ECU for a 1994 Eurovan 5cyl. Automatic. They're different than the earlier units.This one is not water damaged. Any leads???
Jeff
1990 Vanagon weekender Syncro AAZ
1987 Syncro Doka AAZ...soon to be TDI Smile
2014 DL650ABS Xpedition
1986 Weekender Syncro (Under construction)
1987 Westfalia (Under construction)
1987 Syncro Single cab
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: