Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Acellera ultra 2 tires, so far so good and impressed
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Acellera ultra 2 tires, so far so good and impressed Reply with quote

So here is why I went with these tires. I bought my van back in November and it's been my daily driver project. I have been trying to get all the critical maintenance done because it sat for over 4 years. The tires on it were Yokohama 6 ply van tires and we're a little out of round and the van had a little shake because of it so I was planning on doing them about this time anyways. On my 19 87 I had back in 2011 I put Hankook RA08 tires on it and they worked great. So last Friday the tires on my new van had gotten so bad it felt like my van was going to fall apart. I called around on Saturday and tires stores had any 185 r14 8 ply in stock except a little mom and pop tires store had a brand new set of these Acellera tires. So I research them and they they met what I was looking for and they weren't "Made in China" which was a big factor. So I got all 4 installed for $320 out the door. I have driven on them over 500 miles so far and in the rain today and I am surprisingly pretty damn impressed with them so far.

"Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but there is always time to do it twice?"

"Back to the basics!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Acellera ultra 2 tires, so far so good and impressed Reply with quote

Yep.
I got a set of acellera alpha for about 50 ea with a 99 load rating and I like em.
About 30,000 miles and still a lot of tread left.
Way better tires than I had expected.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
dart330
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Acellera ultra 2 tires, so far so good and impressed Reply with quote

http://www.acceleratire.com/light-truck-tires/ultra-2/

Quote:
Accelera Tires are cheap tires made in Indonesia, but good quality and with tread patterns appropriate for North American roads and climate. The PT Elangperdana Tyre company produced its first Accelera Tire in 1996 and now exports tires around the world. The tires are fully certified for the markets where they are sold, including the strictest global standards for the DOT in North America and the ECE in Europe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: