Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE - ITS BACK.
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE - ITS BACK. Reply with quote

After many years of running VW shows , I have decided to pack it in and retire. There will not be a Litchfield Bug In nor a Terryville Bug A Fair any more. Over the years I have run 28 Litchield shows and 25 Terryville shows and feel pretty good about raising close to a half million dollars for local charities. These charities included the Torrington Soup Kitchen, the MDA, Susan B Anthony Project, Camp Mohawk, American Heart Association, NCAP, the Terryville Lions Club and the Bronc Callahan Community Fund. Much of this was possible from some good friends such as Tom Matulis, Dan Climan and Chris Knox. Thank you guys for the help. Also thank you to Gene Langan of Langan Auto Group for the support and sponsorship. For the first time in 28 years, I will have a choice on what to do for Fathers Day. Probably attend the closest VW show. Thank all of you for supporting our shows over the years. Very Happy

Chuck Pisconski
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank you and crew for all you have done! The 2007 Terryvile show is what the got me hooked.Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Wow, thank you for 28 years of memories for so many vw folks. I can personally say that I have spent my most favorite fathers days in Litchfield with my family and I can thank you for that!
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank you Chuck and all of your dedicated helpers for one heck of a run of amazing events, that generated enormous funds for good causes over the years, while, at the same time, providing a wonderful day of fun for VW folks. Bravo & Well Done!
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
luna064
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank you Chuck for all of your hard work and dedication. Enjoy your retirement!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bob Cropsey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck for all the great memories and rides to CT. From the original location you shaped the VW hobby.

Bob Cropsey Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks for all years of service to the VW community.

I have many great memories, including the time standing on the hill when you decided to cancel it due to rain.

I'm sure all the money you raised enriched the lives of those that you donated it to.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwadct
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank you for all of the years of your effort, time and passion for these shows and our hobby in general! Enjoy your well deserved retirement!
Captain Slow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Chuck,

Thank you for the memories, the friendships made, and the great parts finds!

Here's hoping that you'll get to enjoy the hobby a bit more from a new perspective---the participant.

Allyn de Vars
dcheek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Chuck,

First and foremost, thank you for taking on the thankless job of not one, but two of the premier shows on the east coast for an incredibly long time. My first Litchfield Show was in 1988 with my newly purchased 1966 sunroof bug. Won "Promoters Choice" (thanks Chuck). It was at the Litchfield Inn at that time. I will never forget staying overnight at the Inn with all my fellow VW enthusiasts and waking up to walk on to the show field the next morning with all the cars in place covered in dew. Great memories.

Most people have no idea how much time, money, effort goes into running an events like these. We all take it for granted that they will always be there year after year. I'm sure many are asking why someone wasn't willing to take over the show(s)? Well, the people that have done this type of thing before, know the commitment necessary, and head for the hills. Everyone else just assumes someone will do it. Reality is that nobody steps up and the show dies. I've seen it happen time and time again.

This is truly a great loss to the VW community; An Institution so to speak, and a void that will be hard to fill.

I wish you a relaxing and healthy retirement. You deserve it!

If you make it to the All Air Cooled Gathering in September I will be sure to buy you a beer. See you then.

Dave
1966 Westy
1976 914 2.0
1989 911 Carrera
1981 Diesel Rabbit Pick Up
1982 Diesel Vanagon
2014 Golf (last year German mfr for NA)
2019 Jetta Gli, 35th Anniversary Edition, 6 speed
Stall20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

A sad day for sure. But am grateful for being a part of these 2 great shows for the last 16 years. Thank you chuck and everyone who made these shows possible over the years. Most of the many important people I'm blessed to have in my life I met at these shows and through Volkswagens
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank you Chuck, you set the bar, one that helped create the All Air-Cooled Gathering. I wish you luck in your future endeavors and keep cruising in those Splits!

-jeffrey
GBREUILLY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank You Chuck for the years of monumental effort you put into making the VW hobby better[/b]. Back when we were much younger, you showed many of us how to do things right and we learned from your example. A special nod to Tom and Dan and all the others who lent a hand. Thanks to all of you the East Coast got put on the VW map.
Gary and Gayle Breuilly
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

thanks for the everything you did Chuck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrlimbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks for every thing Chuck. Gonna miss the shows. Enjoy retirement.
'01 Jetta Honey's car
Looking for a Vanagon weekender or Escorial green camper.
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

So what are we going to say we are doing Father's Day weekend and the middle of August..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

As everyone has said thanks for the many years you and the crew have put into the shows. They will be missed for sure.

Now what is Dan doing Twisted Evil
Bill Silvestri Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Chuck,
Thank You for helping to stoke VW enthusiasm for so many of us!
Your contributions to the hobby and the community have been tremendous!
Many of my good friends today come from people I've met at your truly fantastic shows!
You did a great job, man! Lots of work before and during and after the shows! Lots of great memories.
Looking forward to hanging out with you as a participant at other shows this summer!
Thanks again!!
Bill
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

I'll add my thanks too Chuck, I was going to those events since the 90s, back in the Litchfield Inn days. Thanks for all you did and enjoy retirement. I just retired 12 days ago my self and it is a W O N D E F U L feeling. You earned it!!!

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

A hearty BRAVO for all of your efforts on both events over all these years; and also to Tom, Dan, Bill A, and so many other volunteers who helped behind the scenes. So many times I'd see you, say a quick hello, and wonder how you seemed to keep your cool when so many things could go wrong.

Many, many good and lasting friendships were formed among VW people who we'd see regularly at either or both events.

Roland from NY
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Kafer Dave and me 2001
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Camping 2005
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: