Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Scrapped the notchback plans. Got my '67 back from IamSquare, with plans to take it to an even higher level, and on the second day this happened:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This jeep backed right into me. No license or insurance Evil or Very Mad He probably hit me in the best way possible though. Car is at the body shop . . .

Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Front airflow was cleaned up and improved while she was away

Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Radiator/cooling upgrade

Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

IRS conversion

Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Bomb proof head gaskets

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Bliss13 wrote:
Scrapped the notchback plans. Got my '67 back from IamSquare, with plans to take it to an even higher level, and on the second day this happened:

Fuuuuck. I'm assuming in CA that is a pretty hefty fine?

I guess your insurance will go after him for the repair money so you don't have to worry about it, unless you have to take him to small claims for the deductible?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Yeah, it sucks. Looks like it's gonna be a small claims deal. The cops weren't even interested. Guy didn't even have plates on the jeep, so I didn't have much to go on besides his word . . .
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Bliss13 wrote:
Yeah, it sucks. Looks like it's gonna be a small claims deal. The cops weren't even interested. Guy didn't even have plates on the jeep, so I didn't have much to go on besides his word . . .

Those are some lazy cops - driving without a license, insurance or plates and involved in a collision and he's allowed to go about his day? Not talking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
Bliss13 wrote:

Those are some lazy cops - driving without a license, insurance or plates and involved in a collision and he's allowed to go about his day? Not talking

No, the cops wouldn't even come! I had to go to them. Had pictures of his ID and the dealer info in the window. They said there was nothing for them to do.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Bliss13 wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
Bliss13 wrote:

No, the cops wouldn't even come! I had to go to them. Had pictures of his ID and the dealer info in the window. They said there was nothing for them to do.

I take that back...SUPER LAZY! That's nuts. I had a very minor incident in a parking lot when I lived in Illinois and five squads showed up. Dude who hit me nearly shit bricks 'cause they rolled up like he was a known felon (he wasn't).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Bliss13 wrote:

You should have poked his f*(king eye out.

A fender for an eye? Seems fair. Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Bliss13 wrote:

You should have poked his f*(king eye out.

A fender for an eye? Seems fair. Laughing

Sounds perfectly rational to me!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Shooting them with a pellet gun from 100 ft away with a steel rod pellet right in an ass cheek is good to. Wink :snipersmile:

Just sayin. That's the kinda stuff I learnt in Texas. If the cops are called they are the ones saying - you shouldn't of done that. Then as they let you go.....tell you the bastard deserved it Wink Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Bliss13 wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
Bliss13 wrote:

If you have uninsured motorist coverage you will not even have to pay deductible.
Cops are pretty useless in this case, but your insurance company will take care of you,
and notify DMV of the the driver's lack of insurance which will pretty much screw him over.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chizucc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

I tell you..you and this car

Link

Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

chizucc wrote:
I tell you..you and this car

Link

Hahahahaha! Yes, yes. I know. Did you sell yours?
chizucc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Bliss13 wrote:

Naw man I still have my notch. Although I haven't driven her in a while I can't see selling her...
Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

chizucc wrote:
Bliss13 wrote:

Naw man I still have my notch. Although I haven't driven her in a while I can't see selling her...

Oh, that's good! I thought I saw it listed
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

So when your rates go up for filing a claim, what do you do then?

I'd go after the guy in Small Claims Court and leave my insurance company out of it. And if he gives you any crap, you file to seize his car for payment. Yeah, I know, it's a hassle, but the threat of doing this to him will probably make him cough up the proper bread to cover the damage properly. A little intel work on the perp to know he can't skip would be good, too. It's amazing what you can find online...

And I'd file a grievance with the police. No excuse to not file a report when the property damage is over $500. Oh, and that car shouldn't have even been parked on the street if it has no plates.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
So when your rates go up for filing a claim, what do you do then?

I'd go after the guy in Small Claims Court and leave my insurance company out of it. And if he gives you any crap, you file to seize his car for payment. Yeah, I know, it's a hassle, but the threat of doing this to him will probably make him cough up the proper bread to cover the damage properly. A little intel work on the perp to know he can't skip would be good, too. It's amazing what you can find online...

And I'd file a grievance with the police. No excuse to not file a report when the property damage is over $500. Oh, and that car shouldn't have even been parked on the street if it has no plates.

Your rates don't go up for filing a claim.
Your rates go up for having an "at fault claim", and or a series of moving violations.
I had some fool ram my car while yelling "I have Diplomatic Immunity".
Cops didn't do shit for me, but did bust the guy for DUI.
Insurance made me whole, I didn't waste my time on BS.
I live in downtown S.J. so this wasn't my first experience with an uninsured driver.
Also filing a grievance with the police,
not a good move if you want fair and impartial treatment the next time you need a Cop.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: