Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Thing Registry
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Please check out our new Facebook and Web-page:

www.Facebook.com/VWThingregistry

www.VWThingregistry.com

Thanks, Eric
www.Facebook.com/vwthingregistry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

We sent out our first Newsletter for the new Thing Registry last week. If you did not get a copy, let me know. if you registered your Thing on our Website, then you are on our email list. If you don't have a Thing but would like to get our Newsletter, send me an email with your email address.

[email protected]

Our website is: www.vwthingregistry.com

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Solomon Grundy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

We are in! Thanks for a great newsletter.
Hope to see more great Thing related items soon.
Hopefully Volks will help spread the word and contribute to the fine new newsletter.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

| _______
| |_______| '73 Thing "481"
| _\_\_|_/_/_
| |O||_4_||O|
| [ ]=====[ ]
http://vwthingregistry.com
https://doublecabshaka.wordpress.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Thank you!

Eric
www.vwthingregistry.com
carsdlt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

The Dr. is IN!
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

I have put both of our Things in.
GB
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Cool Exclamation I will sign up soon when my stamina is better. Cool
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Everett was kind enough to add a link to this page for the Registry under the Archives section.

We will use this Forum post for all Registry related information.

Eric
www.vwthingregistry.com
Solomon Grundy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Eric, I think I need to bring my registration up to date… Can I get back in the 181 Registry if my dues are current again? Here is my slightly out of date registration card... front and back... Wink

PDF Link:
https://goo.gl/91K0Sg
| _______
| |_______| '73 Thing "481"
| _\_\_|_/_/_
| |O||_4_||O|
| [ ]=====[ ]
http://vwthingregistry.com
https://doublecabshaka.wordpress.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Great find... Smile
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Here is an update about the Registry. As many of you know the Registry has been around for almost 30 years. After many years of inactivity, we started the Registry again in August of 2016. The support we have had from everyone world-wide has been amazing! The Registry is self-funded now and I am doing this o keep it going for many more years...

So far, we have about 3,000 Things in our database from all over the world. If you registered your Thing before August, 2016 I dont have your information. We had to start a new database. Please go to our website and register your Thing www.vwthingregistry.com We need your email address to send you the quarterly Newsletter and updates. The database will be on our website soon for everyone to view.

We are automating our system and database now. You wont see any changes on our website, but it will make the work on our end much easier. Once the list is complete, we will be emailing everyone a flyer for our upcoming show, Kubel Treffen West and Registry Reunion in June, 2017. Keep checking here and our Facebook page for more information www.Facebook.com/vwthingregistry
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Registered Cool
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Do you map the locations? I was on the website and didn't see any maps or information as to number of vehicles registered. I am sure I registered mine. awhile back but can't recall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

gblair wrote:
Do you map the locations? I was on the website and didn't see any maps or information as to number of vehicles registered. I am sure I registered mine. awhile back but can't recall.

Yes, we took the map off the website as the information was outdated. We email the registry list to members. Send me your name and I can check and see if you are registered. Thank you.
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Update about the Registry. Our new system upgrades are complete. We will be emailing everyone the Registry database list this week. If you registered your Thing on our website (www.vwthingregistry.com) you should get a copy of the Registry list. If you don't, let us know. Just a reminder, the Registry is new (was inactive for many years) so if you have not registered your Thing since July, 2016 we wont have your information in our database. The Registry list in Europe and the Acapulco Registry is included in our database. I hope everyone enjoys reviewing the database. Thank you all for your support!
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Our web-site is now updated with our current Newsletter and info about the Kubel Treffen West event. We will add the Kubel Treffen East info as soon as we get it. Keep checking our site for more great info. Or if you are on Facebook, we have a great group with owners from all over the world. Thanks.
paso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

Just registered my wife's Thing it is back on the top of things to drive this summer Smile
Our Thing apparently started life in Hawaii and it was brought back to Kingman Az for years. We imported it into Canada in 2003
Hope to get on the newsletter mail list.
mcdorob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

I just entered my new Thing on the registry. My principal residence is Pittsburgh, PA. I just recently bought the Thing on eBay. It was in Indiana, but had a Florida title. I had it shipped directly to Florida in November without ever seeing it. I just arrived here the other day. It seems solid. Was able to drive it a couple miles to the store for some basic groceries. It was an adventure! No seat belts. It took me quite awhile to figure out that it has a push button on the dash to start, kinda like a tractor. Some of the lights don't work, engine races at high idle but stalls occasionally. Need to find a great VW mechanic within a reasonable distance from Delray Beach to make this Thing safe and roadworthy. Any recommendations, I'd be grateful to hear from you. Thanks.
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

paso wrote:
Just registered my wife's Thing it is back on the top of things to drive this summer Smile
Our Thing apparently started life in Hawaii and it was brought back to Kingman Az for years. We imported it into Canada in 2003
Hope to get on the newsletter mail list.

Welcome, congrats! Yes, you will be added to our email list. The next Newsletter is in April, but you can see the past Newsletter on our website: http://vwthingregistry.com/vw-thing-registry-newsletters/
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Thing Registry Reply with quote

mcdorob wrote:
I just entered my new Thing on the registry. My principal residence is Pittsburgh, PA. I just recently bought the Thing on eBay. It was in Indiana, but had a Florida title. I had it shipped directly to Florida in November without ever seeing it. I just arrived here the other day. It seems solid. Was able to drive it a couple miles to the store for some basic groceries. It was an adventure! No seat belts. It took me quite awhile to figure out that it has a push button on the dash to start, kinda like a tractor. Some of the lights don't work, engine races at high idle but stalls occasionally. Need to find a great VW mechanic within a reasonable distance from Delray Beach to make this Thing safe and roadworthy. Any recommendations, I'd be grateful to hear from you. Thanks.

Rob, I sent you an email. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: