Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kubel Treffen East 2017?
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Maybe I missed it but have there been any advance announcements regarding Kubel Treffen East 2017?

I attended last year's event and had a great time and I'm looking forward to attending again this year if my schedule will allow.

Thanks...
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

We will have info in a couple weeks. Plan on having it in Corydon IN. mid July. If not there it will still be around Louisville KY. Corydon is about 30 miles west of Louisville. The host is Ron & Dennis, The Domeck Brothers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Ron. Don't know if I trust my Thing for that long of a drive but I'll try to be there with or without it. Please keep us posted!
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ente_kaefer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

mondshine wrote:

I believe Gary has come up with the t-shirt design for KTE 2017 !
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, but I don't think anybody will want my picture on their t-shirt (not even anybody in my own family)!

Just another half-a-year to go, and I hope to see y'all there!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

mondshine wrote:
Thanks Mike, but I don't think anybody will want my picture on their t-shirt (not even anybody in my own family)!

Just another half-a-year to go, and I hope to see y'all there!

LOL that's the truth there though, it'd be an adventure!

Just a personal note on the t-shirts, graphics on the front make our bellys' look larger that we really are! Very Happy

I vote for graphics on the back of the t-shirt!

PS: Gary if I can make it and you make some of those shirts, I'd buy one! Razz

T
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

That's a good point about graphics on the back Tom.
Last time I wore an orange t-shirt, my wife said I looked like the great pumpkin!

For me, driving my Thing to KTE is a big part of the fun. You guys have seen my car, and it won't win any awards, but it has always made it to several KTE's and back without incident (including an 800 mile run from Branson, MO to Detroit in one day).

Just about 100 days to go 'til I can drive it again Smile

Last edited by mondshine on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric Goodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Send me the information when its ready and I will post it on our Facebook and webpage. Thanks.

www.vwthingregistry.com
www.Facebook.com/vwthingregistry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Get ready, July 7-9. Corydon IN. Baymont Inn. More info soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
seilerj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

My Thing is currently in pieces and isn't nearly done but that's not far or to bad a drive for me in Illinois....there is just no way it will be anywhere close to done by JULY.... might be nice just to come for a day to admire everyone else's...even if I cant bring mine
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

We like Things there in any shape. Put it on a tow bar so we can see what you have. We have had rolling pans, bare metal bodies and one towed in by a golf cart.
seilerj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

I may do that ... load it up on a trailer and take it....
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Eric Goodman wrote:
Send me the information when its ready and I will post it on our Facebook and webpage. Thanks. we will send you the info after Gary makes up a flyer and a shirt design

www.vwthingregistry.com
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Here is the info we have as of now we are staying at the Baymont hotel rooms are 72 plus tax for King size room 78 plus tax for 2 queen size , they have plenty of trailer parking and a grass area for the show. it is across the street from a shopping center with a Wall mart and plenty of restaurants There is a large place for the kids within sight of the show with 2 miniature golf course's one inside and 1 out side . We will have a cruise Friday night to get ice cream an show Sat morning with a 1/2 hour drive Sat night to eat at the Overlook restaurant a nice place overlooking the Ohio River . Sunday is not set yet . These plans could change . We are also checking to see if we can get a chance to get the Things on the 1/2 mile high bank track . I can tell you that we will have some of the Domeck Brothers Things including These. I will have more info later on our website http://kubeltreffen181.com

citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

Gary Mondshine has been working on the T shirt for our Thing Show here is what we has so far . Comments Please
stevewp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

I don't think anyone would recognize it was a gathering of Things unless it was explained to them.

Can you make the profile of the car more of the image?

I think a burnt orange would be a more favorable color than a bright orange. Bright colored shirts that don't look well outside of the shirt usually are relegated to cutting the grass shirts.
86 Vanagon Westy
04 new beetle (given to my niece, Carina)
09 Jetta Sportwagen
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

My idea was to use a Thing color for the shirt color.

The final decision for the shirt color and graphics lies with Ron & Dennis.
I plan to furnish them with several designs and they will pick whatever they like.

I keep un-worn KTE shirts in plastic bags as souvenirs, so I'm out of the loop except as a "collector".

Last year there were either 36 or 38 entries, so let's all do our best to keep the trend going and shoot for 40+ cars in 2017!

Just 5 months to go; hope to see y'all there,
Mondshine
doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

I think either t-shirt would be fine, but those photo examples look like large enough photos for a back of a t-shirt.

(remember big pictures on t-shirt fronts make for big belly syndrome!) esp when the shirt shrinks! Shocked

But, I did some quick reading, being Indiana is known for:

Being the crossroads of America
Hoosiers (which would look good as logo's on the Things tires)
actor James Best (aka Rosco P Coletrane from the Dukes of Hazzard) was raised in Corydon, IA.
Maybe there could be a cop car in the distance?

Or the state seal with a THING in the background jumping the sun over the mountain maybe?? Smile

Anything is probably fine, but those are just examples of some state/site of show themed references that could look cool on the shirt too.

I'm still mulling how I'm going to get there, 2 day drive or towbar again. Rolling Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corydon,_Indiana
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Indiana

Good luck with however yall choose.

T
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2017? Reply with quote

And don't forget James Dean. Killed in a Porsche.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: