Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE - ITS BACK.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

My very first vw show was Litchfield when it was back at the inn. Thanks for the great memories Chuck, enjoy your well deserved retirement
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

My brother and I started attending Litchfield and Terryville in 2004 or 2005? We couldn't even drive, but we got found a way there somehow. The following 12 years we always had plans father's day weekend in Connecticut. I dug through my facebook photo archive and uploaded my photos from various years to the gallery.

I remember meeting Everett in 2005 at Litchfield! (Look how young all you old farts look!! Twisted Evil )
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thank you Chuck. These shows are a cornerstone in the VW community in New England and wish you the best in retirement. You deserve it! Applause

From my photo archive (appropriately added to Samba Gallery)
Litchfield

Terryville

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

60vwnewengland wrote:

Thank you Chuck. These shows are a cornerstone in the VW community in New England and wish you the best in retirement. You deserve it! Applause

From my photo archive (appropriately added to Samba Gallery)
Litchfield

Nice looking car Wink'

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VintageVWSalesAndService
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks to Chuck and his staff for all of your hard work through all the years. I've been a regular at these shows for the past twenty years and will miss them dearly. From the cars to the parts and especially the people, it was a great way to spend a summer afternoon. At this time, I would like to welcome anyone who may have an opening now in their show calendar in August to join us in Cumberland Rhode Island. We are bringing back the Diamond Hill VW Show on August 20th, at Diamond Hill State Park. Details to follow soon. Hope to see you all there.
donald.lemay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck for all those years of fun
ported polished heads 40x36 valves
010 distributor
VS 42mm exhaust
40 IDF carbs
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank you. Applause

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

I am starting to shake and twitch seeing LFBI and Terryville are no more. kind of like a family member died Crying or Very sad it was a good run for sure

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Joe Leroux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

If you guys are looking for a show to attend the same weekend as litchfeild it may be a bit of a drive for some but the show is a lot bigger than litchfeild is a cross buffalo ny if people want details on acomadation let me know well worth the drive it's something to see they get over 450 vw's there is lots of hotels and camp grounds around. http://www.johnsbugshop.com/jittermain.htm
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Where is Dave from Bugcity, going to buy vw parts by the truck load now? Crying or Very sad

02/76 Beetle sedan
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Good times the best!
Thanks Chuck and Tom
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Litchfield was the second VW show I ever went to. The first was a Manasses, VA Bug-out. Chuck and his crew set the standard for East Coast events and I enjoyed many father's days at the Inn and fairgrounds. Thanks for all the hard work over the years and bringing us two great events every summer!

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
rick68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck ..... what a run. You've always been one of the good guys! Thanks for the Bug Inn and the Bug In..... Peace.
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck for all the effort put in by you and your helpers for all the years of these two great shows. Will miss the tee shirts and the occasional vists by the Hot VW's crew the most. Going to have to travel a lot further for VW events. Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Here's a new VW cruise and old German car show for Father's Day, in Boston.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=673938

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
davidw99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Litchfield will be missed. I have spent six of my last ten Father's Days there with my daughter. Thank you for putting the show on all these years.

'73 Saturn Yellow Sports Bug that has undergone a full pan off restoration. "Herbert IV."

'67 Sedan. "Bellamy." Currently being "refreshed" and recently repainted.
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

I'll add my Thanks to Chuck and all those who worked to put on the show. I started attending Litchfield shows at the Inn. If I remember correctly the first show(s) only had vendors out front. Those were the days before bat sheet crazy prices and you could get some fair deals. I remember one show Terry Shuler was there with some of his literature collection.
Thanks! It was fun.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck! And Eric Goodman from Thing Registry (http://vwthingregistry.com/) too!

Info: http://www.shorelineantiqueautoconnection.com/cgheroes.htm
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dvwd1111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Does anyone want to work with me to help restart the Litchfield Bug In? I live in Foster RI and have been attending the event on and off for over 20 years. I'm motivated to work with a group of folks to restart the Bug In if anyone's interested.

Unfortunately I'm not well connected to the VW community but am highly motivated to jump start this event. My professional experience is in marketing, design and advertising and I'm willing to work with a group of motivated enthusiast in any way I can.

You can contact me at: [email protected] or 401-392-8437

All the best Chuck. It's been a great run and we'll all miss your leadership.

donM.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

dvwd1111 wrote:
Does anyone want to work with me to help restart the Litchfield Bug In? I live in Foster RI and have been attending the event on and off for over 20 years. I'm motivated to work with a group of folks to restart the Bug In if anyone's interested.

Unfortunately I'm not well connected to the VW community but am highly motivated to jump start this event. My professional experience is in marketing, design and advertising and I'm willing to work with a group of motivated enthusiast in any way I can.

donM.

If you could do this it would be amazing!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

dvwd1111 wrote:

donM.

well, I did reach out to this guy. left him a message after he posted. no call back/communication from him. oh well......

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: