Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deal on truck mirrors
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pomfritz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

Saw that cip1.com has the truck mirrors on sale for 134.99 each, free shipping and no sales tax. I got mine from them way back. This is a great price compared with the more familiar places at $175 plus tax and shipping.

I couldn't tell you what other things they do Vanagon wise as their website is a hot mess. If anyone knows of parts they do well on or carry hard to find, please share!
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

Their heavier-gauge rear bumper has worked out for me so far. (Although I haven't hit anything...yet.)

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC-255-807-311-HBK

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MayorMcCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

Ordered a set a few days ago. They have other vanagon parts but sometimes it's easier to look up the part number off site and then use their search to find it.
pomfritz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

Thanks for the pic. I ordered those same emblems to replace the original all black mine have. Looks good!
MaineRich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

Because I just have to ask.

Anyone know of a discount code for cip1.com?

Have the truck mirrors in the cart.

Thanks

Rich
Red Beard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
Their heavier-gauge rear bumper has worked out for me so far. (Although I haven't hit anything...yet.)

Huh, is it actually notably heavier than a stock bumper? I've always wished there was a bumper option that was basically the stock profile but stronger, to be used with the endcaps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

[quote="Red Beard"]
joetiger wrote:

Huh, is it actually notably heavier than a stock bumper? I've always wished there was a bumper option that was basically the stock profile but stronger, to be used with the endcaps.

It's noticeably heavier than the dainty aftermarket black steel bumpers, and about the same weight as the OEM chrome ones.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Beard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

pomfritz wrote:
Saw that cip1.com has the truck mirrors on sale for 134.99 each, free shipping and no sales tax. ...!

Wow, seriously...

I just bought some. Something I've wanted to get for a while but seemed a bit much through the 'usual' retailers.

For comparison:

cip1.com: $269.98 for a pair, shipped

Gowesty: $376.80 after tax and shipping... over $100 more!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

The CIP1 truck mirrors are back on sale right now: $136 per side

These are one of my most favorite mods: silent, rock solid and so so much coverage when backing up.
It would be even better if they were heated.

shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

Ugh. I want em but I'm holding out for a heated pair.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

sanchius wrote:
The CIP1 truck mirrors are back on sale right now: $136 per side

These are one of my most favorite mods: silent, rock solid and so so much coverage when backing up.
It would be even better if they were heated.

Great picture, sanchius- actually my favorite of Tuna you've posted, so much going on...
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

You might consider getting these anyway. They're just that good.

If you look a the first couple of pages of the Sanchius & Tuna thread, you'll see that this van came with just one of those little early model wobbler mirrors on the driver's side that you have and the passenger side mirror was MIA. I was looking for a set of the the stock later-model large power mirrors, but couldn't find a good set at a price I was willing to pay. After three months, I got tired of feeling blind to the back and installed the truck mirrors. They made such a drastic difference that I was kicking myself that I hadn't done it much sooner. There's been only a couple instances since then where mirror heaters would have made any difference.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

shameless plug..

The truck mirror cost and needing to drill kept me on the fence until these came out.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...=mirror%2A

you can get a PAIR of these defender mirrors delivered to you for less than one of the truck mirrors.

I also like that there is nothing obscuring the view above the mirror.

If you're still on the fence, the Defender mirrors have free shipping and just the cost of return shipping if you don't like them. It would be cool if you compared them side-by-side if you end up ordering both to check them out.

re: Heated ...The Defender vendor in that thread carries Britbpart and these haters are available for the Defender mirrors....Who knows, maybe they can be retrofitted into the truck mirrors if you end up with those.

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-MTC5084BPHTR?gclid=...YIEALw_wcB

I just know that the view from the convex Defender mirrors is awesome and so do those that posted on that thread linked above.

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:

Where did you source the transporter emblem?
Firetruck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

Get two of Hella 8SB 501 045-012 then. That is exactly the same mirror - just heated with 12 volts. One costs around 50 Euro in Germany.
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

Holy Cow, I just saw that Cip1.com has almost doubled the price of their truck mirrors.

They are now $216 (sale) $240 (regular) per side ( https://www2.cip1.com/searchresults.asp?Search=truck+mirror )

I love mine, but they are not such a bargain anymore at this price.
Max_Power
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

I bought a set from CIP1 just a few weeks ago for $189 for each side. Since you get free shipping and pay no tax is was about the same amount as RMW and GoWesty when they have them in stock.
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

I bought my truck mirrors from cip1 a year ago today for $136 per side, $272 total. Big price change.

I do love the mirrors, though. Really great. They definitely have more wind noise at 75MPH than OEM electric mirrors, but are worth the greater visibility.

kourt
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

I too noticed the c1p1 is not doing a sale this year.

I went ahead and bought some heated truck mirror set for $350 a set.

https://www.vw-t3-bus-shop.de/en/round-bar-mirror-set-the-pair-2
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on truck mirrors Reply with quote

$350 for the set?

The price if you log in to an account is 230 euros for the pair. That comes out to $260 USD. I've bought quite a few things from bus-shop and the shipping has always been a lot more reasonable than $90 to ship a set of mirrors.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: