Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB Performance
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KopfenJager
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that my father and I have ordered parts from CB since I was a kid. We have always aquinted CB with quality parts and don't mind paying extra, thou CB is very competitive with there prices. Over many years we have had very few complaints. We have had a couple orders held up do to a back ordered part, but when called they shipped what they had and then shipped for free the remaining parts. The one lady has been rude a few times, but hey thats just how things go. Pat has responded to emails within a timely manner, and considering how busy the man is I was glad he took the time to answer my questions. To sum things up, yes we have had a few unhappy experiences, but we are very happy with CB overall and will continue to order from them and send buisness there way.
slowvolks1969
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received an order from CB Performance & bought parts from them many years ago. Never had any problems. Nice people to deal with.
pip hancox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having just ordered my first parts with CB in a very long time, i don't have a complaint as such but am just a bit puzzled.
i called monday morning of last week to order "in stock" parts that i needed by this weekend (hence ordering first thing monday) and was told my package would go out the next day,tuesday. although being used to working frequently with ISP and Wolfsburg West and having my orders always shipped out same day, this was no biggie. i'm also in so cal so figured should arrive wednesday.

come thursday afternoon, not even an email with a tracking number so i give them a call. spoke with a girl who told me she didn't know why i would have been told tuesday as they have about a 4 day shipping delay and my parts were still sitting on a shelf! not being amused by this, i explained i needed my parts asap and she told be she'd look into it and call me back in 15 minutes. 2hrs later i gave up waiting and called her back. although at first she didn't seem to remember anything about me she then assured me it would go out that day.

as promised my stuff arrived friday and everything worked out but, guys really, how can there be such a delay to ship stuff out? especially when i've been told it would go the next day? who knows how long it would've sat there if i hadn't called. this is not to say i wouldn't order from them again but if i was in a hurry for a part i would choose to buy elsewhere.
cheers,
pip.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never understood that about them. They have a express delivery charge if you want them to ship it the same day from what I been told several times. They always seem to be backed up on shipping orders.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just placed yet another order with CB (have ordered from them many times in the past), and once again very happy with the way I was treated. I had many (MANY) questions and decided to email Kevin L and send a PM to Pat D on here. They answered all of my questions rapidly! Pat D gave me a lot of advice for my future engine rebuild, and best of all was not pushy at all (I never mentioned I was buying the parts from them). I ended up calling him at CB and asking even more questions, details, and tips on building my engine, and he was more than happy to help me out. He actually went out of his way to get my answers and went out of his way to make sure everything was right.
We all know that there are less and less reputable places in the VW business, and we all know we want to keep or beloved VWs running and running great, and I am glad CB Performance is going out of their way to keep the VWs on the road, and I will definitely not hesitate to contact them again for advice and to buy parts!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cnogueiraneto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought in 5/08/12 one Magna F/S kit ( the new fuel injection and spark kit ) to be assembled in one Builder's Choice Engine kit 2007cc.
I had to wait until the end of January to assemble the kit because the engine itself was to be assembled.
When we put the engine to work with the injection assembled, the engine run well but was not properly tuned.
I spend the next three months trying to tune the engine but with no lucky.
I spoke with Mark Lawlees about the tunning and he always helped-me
Then the things getting worst, the engine sudden stop work just to resume after few minutes, the O2 sensor stop working, the IAC valve with strange behavior and another problems.
After a little distress I decide to return the ECU, I spoke with Mark and he informed me that the ECU was under warranty.
Then I sent the ECU back to USA (I'm in Brazil), after one week she arrived at CB, then two days later Mark informed me that the ECU had to be exchanged, what was done with no charge.
After three weeks it arrived in my home ( just a note the item took one week to go to CB and then took three weeks to go to my home, just because the customs in Brazil delayed it)
I installed the new ECU ( that was sent with the same map that was sent in the first time), and surprisingly the engine was perfect, the tune perfect, the idle perfect, the accelerations perfect.
I wrote all this to thanks the guys from CB Performance.
For me one company deserve my respect when one thing goes wrong and they honor the commitment with the client by solving the problem
I'm a costumer from CB Performance, recomend this company and I will buy from them again.
And about the Magna F/S is a great product my car run smooth and when I need, the injection delivers all power as requested.

Obrigado

Clovis Nogueira
Jon65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a camber compensator and a center console from CB and both work and fit great.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save yourself time and money, dont buy any DRLA jets from these guys

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=564248
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB was actually very helpful in explaining some questions I had about their parts. This was back in 08 and I was building my first motor, so I needed to know a few things which they answered to my satisfaction. I even exchanged some parts down the road which they did without any fee's. They took care of a lost master cylinder for me (UPS lost it, so CB shipped me another for no additional charge and I got it the next day) BUT it helps to know exactly what you need when calling an order in, I haven't been too impressed with having a question answered in recent years. They need an advice dude that just answers questions so they dont have to bother Pat or the shop guys. I dont have any complaints about parts or prices (some stuff is cheaper than bugformance even with shipping!!) I always stop by the shop when driving down to socal and buy a few things Tom is always helpful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikebohr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a believer that if you're looking to find the bad in anything, you'll find it. I'm sure that if we were to count the positive and negative comments on this page for any particular company, you'll find a lot more negative than positive. I guess that's just the way it is.

I just want to share some overwhelmingly positive feedback for my friends at CB Performance. I've been doing business with them for several years now and I have yet to be disappointed. I'll address individuals because each person deserves some props today.

David, you're the man! You've gone above and beyond the call of duty. From taking the time to find the right answer, to catching things about my case that I didn't even realize, to even printing out jetting information to help me with my carbs. Thanks for taking the time to help me at the counter and over the phone.

Mark, I wish you lived in my neighborhood! Maybe then I'd be brave enough to try out my turbo fuel injection. One day, maybe. I'll never forget when I sent you an email on my drive from Fresno to Farmersville when I needed a custom F.I. wire made. Still can't believe you met me at the door with it. Dude, you're a stud!

Pat, I haven't had the privilege of interacting with you as much, but it was just an honor just to have Pat Downs take a look at my AS41 case last week. Thanks for taking the time out.

Anthony, you probably don't know me from Adam, but you've done awesome work for me. You've installed dual springs on my heads, you've installed my crank gear assembly, trimmed down carb base plates for turbo and you did those things in record time while I waited. You rock!

Marieanne, I've known you the longest and have placed many online orders with you over the past few years. You've always been extremely helpful and kind. You always put up with all my emails and order adjustments. Thanks for what you do to make every transaction a pleasant one.

Bottom line...you people are the real deal. You know what you're talking about, your products are tops, and your customer service is the best in the business. So if you're out there reading this and wondering where to shop or have work done on your VW, just go with CB.
downsbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with CB for over ten years and have had no issues with them. Quality parts, Marieanne is knowledgable and the prices are fair. Sure, the shipping could be a bit quicker but when I am in a crunch they step up. They are good as far as I'm concerned.
tommydsamba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Don't buy from CB!! Reply with quote

I recently bought dual webber icts to replace a worn stock carb and the long time VW mechanic doing the restore on my 64 highly recommended CB because of the linkage and "reliability" compared to others. Long story short after only 300 miles of driving over the summer the car started to backfire and run poorly.

When I brought the car back to the same mechanic he told me the floats were bad in both carburetors they were sinking in the bowls. I immediately called CB to tell them my problem and was told. "That never happens " and they did not replace parts of carbs I would have to get the floats on my own they would not issue any kind of refund but if I sent the floats back and they determined that it was an issue they could possibly give me a credit.

Once the job was done I followed those instructions and called to follow up and spoke to Daniel who told me "that's not going to happen ". Essentially he had no desire or interest in providing customer service of any kind or to help me out with a clearly defective part I bought from them pointing me to their disclaimer on their receipt. My mechanic fitted the new floats I found online at carbs unlimited costing me another $56 and shipping and the car ran fine.

So for first-time buyer from CB I would not recommend them for anything as they were indeed rude to talk to as another poster had mentioned again had no interest in helping me or standing by their product! I feel I got robbed!
Pat D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I was standing next to Daniel when he was talking to you and I heard a different story than what you tell. We DO NOT replace parts, give people refunds or credits until we receive the part back for inspection. If you would have returned the part to us, we would have inspected it and if it was faulty, we would have replaced it. We do not pay for parts supplied by other companies, we replace parts after they have been returned for inspection.
Rather than return the part to us and let us replace it, you made the decision to purchase a replacement part from another company and want CB to pay for it, again, not our policy.
And by the way, cursing at someone on the phone will get you nothing but a dial tone.
SpokaneXX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Pat Downs Reply with quote

Pat works for CB Performance but I want to acknowledge and compliment the service I received from him recently. While I have ordered many many parts from CB and I have zero complaints and the few times i have needed live help I got what I felt was very good customer service, I want to publicly thank CB's engine builder, Pat Downs for his awesome service.

I had been collecting parts for my 2332 build for almost a year...nothing but the best...I'd save up and then buy the parts. When my local source for the build dropped the ball...I posted here for builder recommendations...

Fast forward I sent more than I want to think of $$$s in parts ..I was contacted by Pat the day my parts got there to let me know he had my parts and would be in touch when he started on my engine.

Pat kept me apprised about my build and contacted me a couple of times to discuss what I wanted the engine to do...he made suggestions and shared opinions about different set ups and seemed genuinely interested in what I wanted rather than selling me on the engine he wanted to build...

Pat also went out of his way to help make a list of the misc parts I'd need and insisted on personally handling the parts order so that there were no mix ups. Everything arrived sooner than I expected and 100%

I run a pair of hardware stores and have been in retail since I was 11 years old...50 now and I think I know what customer service is and while I have nothing but good things to say about CB Performance, Pat Downs went above and beyond keeping me informed and involved in a pretty expensive project...

just slam the fuck out of it and be done with it!!
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been ordering parts from CB awhile now. I'm well please with the orders & communication with Marieanne and etc. Parts being shipped all the way to the US Virgin Islands from Cali! You guys have 3 thumbs up from me!!

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NOTAHONDA
Vegas Don

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Reply with quote

I ordered some lugnuts (In stock) on a Monday from CB online, called Wednesday to inquire about a tracking number. A gentleman put me on hold and returned to telling me the parts would be shipping out the following day (Thursday). I asked why it was a 3 day handling to ship out a set of lugnuts and was told "I wasn't the only customer they had". I cancelled the order and was hung up on. I've ordered from CB for years with no issues but that experience ended any relationship in the future.
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Reply with quote

I have a stock 1600 engine in my wife's converible.. I have been fighting distributor problems since the car has been on the road. I have tried Bosch 010's , 19's and 009's I finally had enough and ordered a CB magnaspark ... Now it finally Runs perfect! No misses, popping or stalling coming to a stop! I did nothing different but install the distributor! Perfect product I would recommend to anyone! Told a couple friends how well they work.. Boom! They had the same results... Thank CB
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Dunedude27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Reply with quote

My friend ordered a sedan hideaway turbo header for the motor I'm going through for him and it doesn't fit the main header is 1/4" too narrow to fit on the exhaust studs and the the j tubes are a 1/4" too wide. I called CB and the lady said that a lot of people have to modify them to fit. I have had multiple different brand headers on my sand rail and everyone of them fit perfectly even a Empi one. CB has poor customer service and even worse fabricating skills if they even do it in the US.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Reply with quote

Always great response time to emails, great parts and reliable. Everyone I talk to has been nice and courtious. No overbearing egos like other shops.

Thanks Pat for the good cam recommendation (CB2292).

I goofed bigtime and dropped it(ima dork I know). When I ordered a second one they shipped it out asap.

Love CB.

This reminds me I need to order a sump.............
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OldSchoolPerformance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Reply with quote

I bought a pair of CNC "super pro" heads with all the extras at bug-o-rama from pat downs himself. knowing they were for a turbo, he didn't mention trimming the exhaust guides down which is common on "turbo" heads. after having to get the valve stem heights even and installed height corrected at my local engine shop because the heads were not assembled correctly as advertised, I ran them on a twin turbo. after 1K miles or less, three out of four exhaust guides broke off and destroyed both turbos. this cost me about $2k. besides that, the casting looks like crap compared to every other head I've seen, I had to clean up and drill out the few air passages. I wasn't going to wait for a seat to fall out, which I've heard is common with CB heads because the alloy is soft and they're not assembled properly, so I got rid of them and bought some quality heads from DRD. the CNC ported heads are like lipstick on a pig, the CNC ports are beautiful and they will make big power, but for how long before they fail? I also had a cross drilled CB "super race" crank wipe a rod bearing from lack of oil, which I heard is common with inferior cross drilled cranks. bought a Scat crank instead with straight shot oil galleys like stock. I also bought their dry sump oil pump, which leaked at the cover because it wasn't flat enough. I will never buy another CB crank or heads again. of course CB has sold thousands of heads and cranks and never heard of this happening and for some reason, there are no reviews of any of their heads on the site, not even the one I posted. If their parts fail it's always the buyers fault. they do of course have some good products, but as for some of their "high performance" engine parts, why do you think they are so inexpensive? they got the fancy ads and marketing down, but their quality is lacking.

[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: