Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat adjuster cams?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

They look great Nils Cool
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Great, a long time waiting (not on you, I mean for a permanent solution to those cams)!

I'll have to beat on the seat bottoms to straighten out the surface those bear on. The old chewed up cams brought about some wear and sharp edges.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Phil,

Good tip re checking the seat where they sit or bear on and clean up sharp edges ..... thought mine looked ok but whilst apart will do + a good clean up &
remove all the old grease.

cheers,
Bert
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

End result looks good.

Looking forward to hearing feedback about fit/finish...and if there will be another run.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Hi all, just a little set back today.
We (Kahuna and I) thought we best test a pair before sending them out.

The bore of the center hole goes over a 12mm rod and although the drawing stated 12.1mm due to mistake of my own, (tolerances being +/-0.1) they ended up being drilled only to 12mm.

As a result don't fit,I will find a reamer in the next few days and clean them all up.

Apologies to those who are waiting, should only set back things a few days
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Ok so my set arrived and when they wouldn't fit contacted a friend who had a reamer so visited him and took the centre bore out so the cam fitted easily and spun on the shaft (free movement required to fit them). Pictures following are them fitted to a wrecked seat without backrest put on - fitting to drivers seat at the end of this week

{NOTE: fitment to any seat will be dependant upon the condition and straightness of the shaft/rod and seat condition overall where they are fitted to including frame. Don't forget also the wear you can't see on the seats and the fact these are new.}

Cams outward facing (reflections if you're wondering what the blue or black is) -

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

New to Original -

Right Cam fitted to (wrecked) seat -

Left cam fitted to (wrecked) seat -

Last edited by KahunaKombi on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Looking good!
Waiting to hear payment details.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Never fear Phil, just working out a few small teething issues before I take your money.

The pressure is on, I need to have them all mailed out by the 9th because I will be away for a month Laughing
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Better picture from Nils -

KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Drivers seat done early this morning.

So getting it apart no problems then checked out the cams on the seat -

Right Cam - yup it's nackered good and proper

Left cam - screwed also but not as bad as right

New cam fitted to right side (before applying MolyGrease)

New cam left side (before applying MolyGrease)

Every seat will be different.

Some may not need to do anything to make them fit and functional but we did a dummy fit with backrest removed and seat upside down and look how the cams turn through the stages/steps - minor adjustment may be required. Some damage to my drivers seat in the cam seating area specifically where the steps/stage rests on the left lip which we had to repair and then a bit of a file on the radius to smooth it out on the right cam between step 1 & 2 and 2 & 3 ..... NOTE early comment every seat will be different and I only had to do a little on the right cam and not the left even though the machining is identical

That's about it & overall am happy with fit and function so thanks Nils - friend (John) asked when we're doing the passenger seat.Surprised Rolling Eyes Laughing

Last edited by KahunaKombi on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Great to see a result Bert,

I'll send some emails out this weekend, hopefully get some mailing done next week.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Went for a cruise yesterday and checked the function on the adjuster cams for the heck of it and all good Laughing it's great to be able to feel the backrest on the shoulder blades Very Happy Cool
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Hopefully all of these have reached their destinations by now, would love to hear some feed back before I put the next run together. Whether anything needs to be changed perhaps?

I have interest in 4 more seats at this point, anyone else?
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Another Aussie Type3'er who got a set has posted on this thread - https://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=111806&page=2#pid1034005

OR a copy & paste of what Wombatadventures (Terry) posted -

"Seat was sitting upside down on the bench for two weeks. Weekends and week nights have disappeared lately.
Got the Drivers ones in Saturday. Fit perfectly work great. I'll post up some pics today, got to retrieve them of my phone.
Excellent job Nils. "
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Further feedback on these received via PM -

"The cams are spot on. They fit perfectly and work well. Also really easy to do once you get at them"
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Write up about these by Terry Jackson on the AussieVeeDubbers Forum - https://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=111256 Laughing
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Next batch of 10 pairs ordered and will be landing about the 20th of March,

Prices will be the same, if you are sitting on the fence about getting a some now is the time! register your interest at [email protected] or PM me though the site or ww.facebook.com/NLAautoparts
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Advertisement in Type 3 Parts has been updated http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2008828
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

nilza wrote:
Next batch of 10 pairs ordered and will be landing about the 20th of March,

Prices will be the same, if you are sitting on the fence about getting a some now is the time! register your interest at [email protected] or PM me though the site or ww.facebook.com/NLAautoparts

All of the 2nd "batch" have been spoken for ..... IF interested contact nilza (Nils) and express your commitment/expression in case someone pulls put or for the 3rd order. Wink
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

''Hem1tp'' and ''Clatter'' you both still have unread PM's by the way
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: