Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Portland Oregon Area is Happening!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
christopherlayton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

@h00drat: after spending last weekend in my driveway figuring out why cylinder #4 wasn't firing instead of being at Mogfest like we planned, we are very definitely going to Descend on Bend. So now we're two for a caravan from Hood River.
h00drat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

christopherlayton wrote:
@h00drat: after spending last weekend in my driveway figuring out why cylinder #4 wasn't firing instead of being at Mogfest like we planned, we are very definitely going to Descend on Bend. So now we're two for a caravan from Hood River.

Awesome! If you ever need an extra set of hands to help with the van let me know. Assuming I'm not under mine, I'm happy to help (or just hang out).
Engine Conversion Thread (2.0 ABA Swap)
ABA Swap - Image Gallery
Auto Trans Rebuild - Image Gallery
kwilk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

I plan on going to Descend on Bend as well! The thurs eve of the event
h00drat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

kwilk wrote:
I plan on going to Descend on Bend as well! The thurs eve of the event

Event starts Friday the 14th. You mean you're heading over to Bend a night early?
ABA Swap - Image Gallery
cbcnm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

I'll be heading over Thursday night too from Pdx after my kids are out of school. ( unless they decide not to come) In that case I'll drive during daylight. looking forward to meeting folks.
Chris
85 Westy/suby conversion
kwilk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

yes I am heading over a night early to see if I can help out at all. I don't get off work early or anything, but thought I would give it a go.
cbcnm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Jalousie windows in a Westy-
Anyone in the Portland area completed this mod?
I have 2 Jalousie windows that both need refurbishing. I want to install one over the sink. The other is available as payment in kind for help in getting the window ready to install and installing.( I replaced all my seals last year so likely could re-use the window seal) Wondering if anyone out there wants to do a trade for help with refurb and install?
PM me.
Chris
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

cbcnm wrote:
Jalousie windows in a Westy-
Anyone in the Portland area completed this mod?
I have 2 Jalousie windows that both need refurbishing. I want to install one over the sink. The other is available as payment in kind for help in getting the window ready to install and installing.( I replaced all my seals last year so likely could re-use the window seal) Wondering if anyone out there wants to do a trade for help with refurb and install?
PM me.
Chris

In case you haven't seen this. Have fun. I thought van window size was slightly different? Or did some vans come with jalousie Windows. Curious.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479591

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
cbcnm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

i've followed all the threads on jalousie- it's an awesome mod.
was more looking for either a buddy to get help from ( trade a window that also needs refurbishing ) and or someone local who has done it already.
Chris
rcook52459
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

anybody need a fridge door frame (tan).i used it for template for fridge door to closet.free maybe someone needs it. [/img]
kjag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

I have 4 BF Goodrich LT195/75-14 tires in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1976103

$400 local pickup NW Portland
drj434343
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

If anyone in the Portland area with a Subaru EJ22 conversion wants a free engine diagnostic, I have an EvoScan cable and the software. I can connect to the ECU while running and give you a data file of all engine parameters being used by the ECU. Should work on all EJ22's from 90-95.
dkoesyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

We're looking for a nice free place to camp "up around/near" hoodriver,post canyon area? We'd like trout fishing, bouldering and generally awesome scenery. If a place exists I'd love to know about it.
h00drat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

I live out here, but I'm not familiar with any areas in the Post Canyon area like you're describing.

However a co-worker suggested you check out Lost Lake Bouldering - http://www.portlandrockclimbs.com/bouldering/lost-lake-boulders.htm

He's not sure about any "free" camping up there, but there is always the Lost Lake campground as a fall back plan.

Horsethief Butte was another suggestion for bouldering.

For trout fishing, you might want to drive up the Klickitat. Amazing road to drive if you haven't been up there. Though it is a pretty steep grade...not sure your van specs Smile Highway 142 on the attached map.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you're looking for a REAL adventure, Badger Lake is pretty amazing. Though the road up to is challenging, to say the least. Based on your username it looks like you might be in a Syncro. The lake is pretty and you can catch a fish just about every cast. Worth the drive if you want an adventurous journey, and like remote camping.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mthood/recarea/?recid=52784
ABA Swap - Image Gallery
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

6th Annual Samba Portland Peeps Campout
Silver Falls State Park
Fri-Sat-Sun May 12-13-14, 2017

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

(Note - the below is a copy paste from page 35 of this thread.)

Join some of your fellow Sambanistas in a weekend campout at beautiful Silver Falls State Park near Silverton, OR. Silver Falls is the largest state park in Oregon, with magnificent waterfalls, nice hiking, and fairly close (about 1 hour) from Portland.

RV group campsite “B” is reserved just for us, one of the nicest group sites you’ll find anywhere.
It’s a large open grass field, ringed by a gravel road, surrounded with tall trees and, my favorite feature, far removed from other campers.
It’s a few minutes to walk to the scenic falls loop trail, and about a 15 minute walk to the stunning North Falls.

Important stuff:

- Dates: Fri afternoon through Sun morning. Check in is officially after 4:00pm Friday, but you can set up earlier then that.

- Cost: $10 per van per night. I have prepaid for the site; please pay me your share when you arrive.

- Please bring: firewood, your preferred beverages, frisbee/soccer ball/volleyball net, camp chairs, musical instruments if you are so inclined, Sat night potluck contribution, and maybe a few large canopies in case of soggy weather.

- If you want to go: Simply email me (climberjohn) and tell me you’re in. I’ll collect payment at camp, no prepayment needed.

- There is a limit of 25 vehicles and/or 50 people total. Campers are welcome on a first-call, first-served basis. We will reach the limit. An early response will ensure your spot, while if you wait you will miss out. Campers staying for both nights (or who offer to pay for both) get priority over those who can only make one.

- Please be sure you can make it before you ask for a spot. If you want to cancel, let me know pronto so I can open your place to someone else.

- Join in on the Sat night potluck, start time about 6:00pm.

Small print:

- Tent campers are welcome, even though it’s an “RV” site. (Oregon state parks classify Westies as “RVs”. As long as we have just four Westies/RVs in the site, then anyone else can tent camp.)

- There are no RV hookups (power or water) at this site.

- This is not a Westy-only event, any flavor of VW is welcome.

- This is not a Wetwesties event, although Wetwesties folks are welcome to come if they hear about it on the Samba; see their site at www.wetwesties.org

- If you have a well behaved, minimally barking, kid-friendly dog, you may bring it. Leashes are required when on trails.

- Kids are welcome, bring your rascals if you like. The camp area is very kid friendly.

- Once you pay for camping you’ll get a day use pass, so there is no need to pay for one separately.

- Might want to bring the mountain bike, as there are some sweet new mt bike trail in the park. I hope to go riding.

- Brochure for the park; we’ll camp at “North Falls group camp”: (Oregon state parks changes their website and breaks links all the time. Google "Silver Falls Oregon PDF map"

This will be a fun weekend of camping and getting to know our fellow Samba pals, so I hope you can make it! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

See you outside,
Climberjohn

Last edited by climberjohn on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:19 am; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
h00drat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Bummer we can't make this! Will be van camping our way down to Northern California that weekend.
ABA Swap - Image Gallery
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

I'm in!!
dkoesyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

IM sent
WestyBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

I'm in - hope to make it.
getset
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

I'll be joining you all in May 12-14. Just sent you a pm. Recently relocated back to the PNW and driving down from Oly. I grew up outside Portland, but never visited Silver Falls as a kid. Enjoying being reacquainted with the area.

Cheers-

Bikes, KTM motorcycles, sailboats, and busted knuckles.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Page 40 of 45

Jump to: