Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bob Lee - [email protected] - Bob Lee
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Bob Lee
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
GGoryl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Bob Lee - [email protected] - Bob Lee Reply with quote

I found this seller to be deceitful and dishonest.

Mr. Lee is currently advertising a 1970 VW Westy for sale for $24,000.

Mr. Lee lives in San Clemente, CA. I live in Stockton, CA - 6 hours away, so I hired my son-in-law for $200 to drive from his home in East San Diego to San Clemente to inspect Mr. Lee's van (a 1 hour drive each way). My son-in-law spent 2 hours with Mr. Lee inspecting the van.

After inspection, while discussing an offer Mr. Lee told my son-in-law there was another buyer who offered a price over his asking price of $24,000.

After I told Mr. Lee he had acted dishonestly in posting a price of $24,000 - then informing us AFTER we spent time and money to inspect his vehicle he already had an offer above his asking price - he told me he was called by this "other" buyer after my son-in-law left. This is a lie.

This event occurred on Wednesday, October 26, 2016. As of 9 am Saturday, October 29, 2016, Mr. Lee's ad is still active - and he's still advertising a sales price of $24,000.

In my opinion based on the information I have, I believe Mr. Lee simply lies to prospective buyers to deceive them into paying more for his vehicle. I find this deceitful and dishonest, and I would like other prospective buyers be made aware of his sales practices before interacting with him so they know what they're getting into.

Glenn Goryl

Also:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bob Lee - [email protected] - Bob Lee Reply with quote

Bob recently contacted me on a very cool original paint 1961 Single Cab I had for sale for a customer of mine.

He called within hours of the ad posting, I couldn't get his call, so he left a voice mail that did the typical "Porsche buyer" strategy of taking a jab at the car to prep you for his low ball offer. He made a ridiculously low offer that would never buy the Truck, so I didn't make it a priority to get back to him, especially considering the fact that we had other conversations going with other potential buyers as well as significantly higher offers.

The following morning he called again, also at a time I couldn't grab his call, so he left a voicemail, offering $1,000 LESS than his low ball offer from the day before.

At this point it became apparent that this guy is a unlikable personality and the owner of the Truck gave the blessing for me to ignore his contacts and not waste time with him.

Minutes later I received an email from Bob that laid out a strategy where he wanted me to grind on the owner of the Truck, my customer, to get him to accept Bob's lowball offer. In return Bob said he'd kick me $500 for my efforts to save him thousands of dollars, essentially defrauding my customer of thousands of dollars off the value of his Truck.

Right then I typed out a response to Bob that he needn't bother to ever contact me again regarding that Truck or any other car I list in the future as I would never do any business with a person like him.

He wrote me back a barrage of childish insults and insinuated that I was the one who lacked integrity, which he clearly demonstrated through this scenario exactly who has and does not have integrity.

I googled his name and phone number and got matches tied to European Collectibles and have heard through very very internationally connected friends of mine that he is possibly part owner of CPR, California Porsche Restorations in Fallbrook, California.

I forwarded the email chain to several of my customers and friends around the global Volkswagen community and immediately received responses from them to black ball him and none of them would ever deal with him either.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bob Lee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bob Lee - [email protected] - Bob Lee Reply with quote

There is two sides to every story as there is with both of these gentlemen. I'm posting to express what a great buying experience I have had with Gary Bradley in buying his restored 1968 Bus that I found here on the Samba site. Unlike the other two gentlemen, Gary was up front, professional and most helpful with my questions since I was more than two thousand miles away. My i suggest to the folks that are reading this remember there is always two sides to a story.
And if you want to hear mine here is my number 619-518-8645.
Cheers,
Bob Lee, San Clemente, Ca
SA
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bob Lee - [email protected] - Bob Lee Reply with quote

Make sure whatever fairy tale you want to construct is based upon the truth...

Hi Bob, there won't be any need for you to contact me in the future on this or any other listing.

I will never do business with anyone like you.

Brendan Finn (858)366-2549 http://www.holygrailgarage.com

To: Brendan Finn
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, May 8, 2016 5:17 PM
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - 1961 Single Cab, Original Paint Farm Truck!

A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
1961 Single Cab, Original Paint Farm Truck! Price: $29,750
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1925480
and sent the following message:

Buyer location: 92672

Branden,
I see your a broker and your brokering the single cab, take my offer and i'll give you an additional $500.00.
Thanks,
Bob

This message was not sent by a registered user
--- Avoid scams and fraud on the Internet ---
Read http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253 for more details.
If you have any questions about scams or the content of this email,
please contact the site administrator at [email protected]

Regards,
TheSamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
garyb606
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Bob Lee - [email protected] - Bob Lee Reply with quote

My experience with Bob Lee was easy, pleasant and uneventful.
Thanks for everything Bob.
Gary Bradley
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: