Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Please help need to know what my car is :P
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
otoole492
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

Hi guys recently got my MK4 Golf to use in winter as opposed to my classic bug. however i would like to know what my golf should be. V5 says it should be a GTI it has the Fuel injection and the alloys and the Climatronic that a GTI would have but not lowered like a GTI neither does it have a front GTI grill or rear GTI badge. The only think i can think is because its a 2.0L and not a 'pure' GTI ?

Pics of the car and the sticker of what options it should have if someone could decode it would be much appreciated thanks Scott Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

It's a 2003 Golf Highline with a 2.0L engine (i.e. not a GTI). Wink

Love the color! Very Happy
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otoole492
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

Cheers any chance you would decode what options it would have had when it left from the stickers not sure how to do it :Razz kind regards Scott
dub01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

It came with the sports package which includes the two tone sport seats, 3 spoke leather wheel, and leather handbrake handle. It also had Climatronic optioned in lieu of a sunroof, as well as 8 speaker stereo prep but no radio installed from the factory.

The last two options I can figure are cruise control and rain sensing wipers. Looks like you have a fairly well optioned one without too much fluff!
otoole492
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

Aha brilliant cheers. I like it going to keep it up together because i think its a nice all round car. Very Happy rust proofing underneath and going to fix some small issues as the common coil is on way out and the brakes are all new. want to upgrade some suspension bushes too maybe drop a bit. Opinions ?
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

A 2L Golf is a 2L Golf. I would keep the utility with stock rid height and firm the springs and not the shocks. (ride comfort will be better) I firmed both and ride suffered some. The 2L motor is a bit of a better match to the mkIII as the mkIV's are a tad heavier. But it is a rock solid motor.
otoole492
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

Cheers guys great advice will keep as is to do with ride height 100% fitting the bumper fog light kit as lots of fog here in UK when winter nice to see the road. Have to change the coil because it is misfiring on acceleration but have a Hitachi one on order as that is what VW used and recommended after the recall Very Happy
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

How old are the leads? Those would be my first replacement for misfires and don't forget the plugs themselves.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

Spritz the ignition wires & coil with with windex, you'll be able to see if its the wires arcing or the coil, the coil will sometimes shut off completely (so don't do this unless you have a replacement in hand or 1/2 hour or so for it to dry out).

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
otoole492
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Please help need to know what my car is :P Reply with quote

Leads are a day old 😂😂 I have changed plugs and lead a first hoping it wasn't them but no luck my vag com says the coil too 😆 Cheer though
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: