Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What do you hate having to buy the most?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Who hasn't been sent by the girlfriend/wife/daughter to get that feminine product for them?

I was just at the grocery store with my 14 year old daughter. While there, she told me that she needed tampons. I was impressed (but didn't tell her) because she had been reluctant to even mention anything about it, as probably most girls her age. So she picked out the ones she wanted. Good...everything is going good. We checked out. Went home.

"Dad...I got the wrong kind. We have to go back." So not only did I have to go back to the return counter with her and explain it to the clerk, we had to go back and I had to help her find the right ones in the 1000 different varieties. Then back to the counter to make the exchange.

Good news is that it didn't seem to bother her.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Vegetables. Being a bachelor... my refrigerator is just the place they go to die.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Insurance. I absolutely hate buying insurance. Of course I'm married to an insurance agent. Sad
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
hotsam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Who hasn't been sent by the girlfriend/wife/daughter to get that feminine product for them?

This doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is when I purchase them at CVS, and the drone behind the counter asks if I have any questions or need any help with my purchase.

I'm pretty sure I don't buddy.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Ha !! In the mid-1970s I had to buy condoms for the first time, behind the counter most places back then. I didn't know, pharmacist didn't ask, so I had non-lubricated pack.

So next time, the gal was with me and we went to nearby K-Mart pharmacy area and they were on shelf, and got some; the agreement was if cashier was a gal that she would pay, and I would pay if a guy, and that we would not have to go through the checkout line together.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Rodmullet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Don't blame the CVS counter guy.....I work for the "other" pharmacy chain, and they certainly try to beat any individuality, personality, or common sense out of you, and beat you up if you don't use the "branded salutation", or the "answering the phone script" where you have to mention that flu shots are available, even though the recording mentions them at least once....etc., etc.....so that guy, even if he knows better, asks those questions.....

Ugh.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Having to contribute to the Samba (USE THE DONATE BUTTON ABOVE) for all the free advice Ive gotten here, the friends Ive met, and the awesomeness of the VW community to keep my little yellow star intact....

Very Happy Laughing Laughing
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

hotsam wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

This doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is when I purchase them at CVS, and the drone behind the counter asks if I have any questions or need any help with my purchase.

I'm pretty sure I don't buddy.

Proper response, especially if drone is a guy: 'Yes, can you show me how to use them?'
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
marklaken wrote:
crankbait09 wrote:
What is the one thing you absolutely hate buying (maintenance wise) for your vehicle that is NEEDED?

I cringe every time I have to buy coolant for our '06 subaru. Every time, I say a little prayer that the head gaskets will last just one more year.

Try owning a Honda, they use Honda only power steering fluid, Honda ATF or MT fluid, and then there's the Blue Honda engine coolant. I haven't bought the coolant yet, but a qt of MT fluid is 10 bucks, and you need 2 qts of it for a change. And Honda ATF is 11 a qt and you need 3 qts for a fluid change. I've still got to get some power steering fluid for it, as I used the wrong stuff so now it needs to be flushed out (I didn't know it at the time that it's a Honda only thing). Rolling Eyes
Then there's the timing belts (yes 2 of them) that need to be changed every 60K or 7 years whichever comes first. It's because it's an ïnterferance" engine. Which means if a belt breaks, you're looking for a new engine, or spending a ton of money rebuilding the old one.

I dunno Bob I drove the shit out of a del sol, went over 300k. Bought a Fit, I kinda like Hondas. I flirted with the idea of an S2000 but I got a Lexus instead.

Don't get me wrong, I like Hondas. It's just a new learning curve is all. We've only had them a little over 2 years now. I've found that they're fairly easy to work on, parts are available, and those parts fit and are of excellent quality. Cool
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Having to contribute to the Samba (USE THE DONATE BUTTON ABOVE) for all the free advice Ive gotten here, the friends Ive met, and the awesomeness of the VW community to keep my little yellow star intact....

Very Happy Laughing Laughing

There's nothing else like this that I know of, and when I look at it that way I don't mind sending Everett a cut of the money. Last car I sold here started generating emails within 15 minutes and sold less than two weeks. Even if a person never sold anything or posted a message the entertainment value is worth it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

new shit that has a warranty on paper but no warranty when it's needed.(as in homedepot's non exzistaint warranty's on the shit they sell....under thier own name brand.
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Zip ties, fuses
1972super2110
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

Kid's shoes! I've got four... Good Lord shoes are expensive! Wish I lived in So-Cal / AZ like the rest of you lot! I'd just by Flippy Floppies for all the little nerds!

I hate blowing a motor, but I am super happy buying a new one! Laughing
And I love buying tools I don't have.

I dread buying oil... I can't get myself to buy cheap oil, and sure the bug is fine, but my family car is a 1996 FZJ81 Land Cruiser, 6qts at $9 and a $15 filter hurts.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10191353#10191353
OldSchoolVW's wrote:
Looks like the work of a younger, more agile jackass to me. Laughing
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

1972super2110 wrote:
Kid's shoes! I've got four... Good Lord shoes are expensive! Wish I lived in So-Cal / AZ like the rest of you lot! I'd just by Flippy Floppies for all the little nerds!

I hate blowing a motor, but I am super happy buying a new one! Laughing
And I love buying tools I don't have.

I dread buying oil... I can't get myself to buy cheap oil, and sure the bug is fine, but my family car is a 1996 FZJ81 Land Cruiser, 6qts at $9 and a $15 filter hurts.

I got ya beat...6 kids Shocked but there all gone now and they buy the 9 grand kids the footwear .... I did just get my wife a set of $160 sneekers....walking sneekers.......for her effed up feet and was gladd to do it as she wouldent do it on her own. now she has happy feet...when she is wearing them.
syncrodemaya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: What do you hate having to buy the most? Reply with quote

I hate buying windshield washer fluid. It's needed and especially annoying when needing to switch to the colder fluid in the winter. My Jetta has the most high pitched beep every time the car starts if I don't refill it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: