Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Save the Bus!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldBayAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Quote:
wcfvw69
PostPosted: Today 12:23 pm Post subject: Re: Save the Bus!
I think the core issue here is this "go fund me" generation has rubbed many folks raw. 99.9% of the folks on this site work hard for what they have without asking others to help them with donations/handouts for their lifestyle choice.

I think there's PLENTY of appropriate times when a "go fund me" is appropriate and needed. This situation isn't one of them.

I'm actually totally cool with that. I understand that. The thing I find weird is when people start saying the guy is a deadbeat hippy because his fans want to help him out without him even asking. He's selling the bus. He's not asking for anything.

To quote Billy Madison "Well, a simple no would have done just fine ..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

i can read just fine, thanks. besides you mentioning it, it is clearly stated in the getajobinsteadofme description:

"Our dear friend and amazing musician, not to mention outstanding father to 6 beautiful kids, has reluctantly offered his VW Bus for sale, due to the fact that he is traveling so much and so often for shows now. That is good news and bad news. Andy REALLY needs a more economical car to get to the shows, which benefits US, his fans.

Andy does not know we are starting this Go Fund Me to save his bus. He will soon!

If we can all chip in just a little bit, Andy can save his beloved bus and get the car that he needs for his shows. I don't know exactly what kind of car Andy had in mind, but we did figure that $20,000 will go quite a ways toward getting him there. "

curious as to where his bus is listed "for sale". i didn't see it on CL in washington, not on ebay, and not in the samba classifieds. his website says it's a 1972, so that's what i searched for....
OldBayAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Hahahahaha, I can't even with you man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

OldBayAlex wrote:
Hahahahaha, I can't even with you man.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

srsly though, curious as to where his bus is listed "for sale". i didn't see it on CL in washington, not on ebay, and not in the samba classifieds. his website says it's a 1972, so that's what i searched for....
OldBayAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Hey man, you've got it all figured out. I don't want to be the one giving you all the answers - I certainly never asked for help getting answers in life. Do some detective work! Pull yourself up by your bootstraps! Laughing
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

I think it's cool that his friends want to help him out, yet the question in my mind is if he benefitted by the $80,000 in 2014 but now his friends want to get him into a newer car... when will the next contribution campaign begin?

It may be the guy is the salt of the earth, but as a father myself and being a freight train conductor paying my family's way through life, I know how much I am NOT there for my kids in a month's passing. You don't get that time back...

Just not really cool with the idea of this guy being out on the road so much being a musician he needs a new car. Doesn't say much for the father angle, either.

Some reason he can't take a year off of touring and get a steady job? Maybe spend some wrenching time on the bus to make it a great ride?
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

It's only March and we are on our 2nd fund my vw thread already. Rolling Eyes

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Wasted youth wrote:

Just not really cool with the idea of this guy being out on the road so much being a musician he needs a new car. Doesn't say much for the father angle, either.

Some reason he can't take a year off of touring and get a steady job? Maybe spend some wrenching time on the bus to make it a great ride?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hum.. 6 kids that he's not around for. Not wanting a full time job. I wonder if his name is Frank too? Laughing

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Wasted youth wrote:
I think it's cool that his friends want to help him out, yet the question in my mind is if he benefitted by the $80,000 in 2014 but now his friends want to get him into a newer car... when will the next contribution campaign begin?

It may be the guy is the salt of the earth, but as a father myself and being a freight train conductor paying my family's way through life, I know how much I am NOT there for my kids in a month's passing. You don't get that time back...

Don't forget the 7500 bucks in 2015.
https://www.gofundme.com/xbahtw
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

I am starting to get a little jaded seeing how many times the gofundme thing keeps being repeated with this guy. At least with the two optimistic orange people it was a pre-sale fundraiser for which I actually got an interesting storybook.

Time to change the channel...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

I feel like this has taken a bad turn and all opinions have been given so let's lock it.

Contribute if you want. Or not.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: