Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shop Manual differences?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB Pilot125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Shop Manual differences? Reply with quote

I thought I won some manuals on eBay but the seller backed out, something happened and he refunded my money so no big deal. Anyways that got me looking on SD parts and they have the CD ROM. My question is are the contents of the book and the CD the same? If they are I like the idea of searchable info on the disc and will probably go that way. Had every book for my Corvair truck and sometimes it took longer to find the info than to do the work. Thanks
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual differences? Reply with quote

Im a pretty big fan of Alldata, since I run a fleet my cost per car is about 5 bucks a year per manual, which is in the noise of my repair budget.
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual differences? Reply with quote

The CD covers all years, book covers to 1999.
KGB Pilot125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual differences? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Im a pretty big fan of Alldata, since I run a fleet my cost per car is about 5 bucks a year per manual, which is in the noise of my repair budget.

I have access to motologic and indentifix and neither have a lot of good info on the 1993. We used to have alldata but moved on due to some issues with autozone.
KGB Pilot125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual differences? Reply with quote

jjvincent wrote:

and its the same info? basically just "scanned" pages of the books?
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual differences? Reply with quote

I never looked at the paper one. I have only used the CD which I bought back in 2003. I like it as opposed to the paper ones, the pages never fall out, binding never breaks and no oil spots. I can print out the ones I need if it's something complex (i.e. rebuilding the transmission) and not have to worry if they get a big ol' ATF stain on them.

My Jetta paper book I bought back in 2000, doesn't look so hot and I got to be careful with it. Same for my BMW e46 as half of the pages are all falling out.

In the end, many still like a paper book and as for Alldata, it's good too. In the end, you have to look at how much you are going to actually use it. Some use it more than others.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Shop Manual differences? Reply with quote

jjvincent wrote:

Where is the best place to get the CD version?

Also, is it interactive software, or basically just a big PDF file?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: