Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bay Window hunting History
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
she is a mossy one!

If only I could get it to grow more.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Hey cdennisg, how are you doing? Its still got the trim holes & I found most of the trim in the van. It has most of the interior (for what that's worth), its just a Kombi & the original color is some odd beige-ish that I cant decode on the ID plate decoder
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Might be Arizona yellow. One of those 68 only colors.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=617043&highlight=arizona#top

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Also, this site is a fun one... http://www.type2.com/m-codes/t2colors.html

And a bunch of 68 only bus info here... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3...mp;start=0
Trashman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

If there is good Arizona yellow under that green you scored!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
she is a mossy one!

If you thought the last one was mossy, here's the one I picked up today.

I'm lichen it!

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Just did a quick search, and I swear it exists, but I cannot find the thread on moss covered buses. I know there was one at some point.
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I want in on the Moss Party! Laughing

Brought this home last weekend and it came with some friends

Love a Subaru power washer!

1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Just did a quick search, and I swear it exists, but I cannot find the thread on moss covered buses. I know there was one at some point.

There were some spectacular examples, neither of mine were worthy of that thread.

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

d-rick wrote:
I want in on the Moss Party! Laughing

Brought this home last weekend and it came with some friends

Love a Subaru power washer!

Looks like a nice find! Did you get any goodies? Looks like a dash table there. Is there a blue VW coleman pump, collapsible spare, poo pail???

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I haven't really even had a chance to go through the whole bus yet. It has dash table,cot under the bed,stool (haven't opened it yet).
I'll get to it this week
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I especially liked the vintage crotch cooling coating on the bike.

KK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Found this CA '71 at a Coast Guard station in FL:
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

noice.. 71 sunroof deluxe

wonder how the floors are if it's been left open to languish in the moist FL tropic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
wonder how the floors are if it's been left open to languish in the moist FL tropic.

Not bad - but the weather was starting to get to it...:

Niagara Blue under the brown:

mainstreetprod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Brand new to the forum and took delivery yesterday of this non running '78 Bay Window. As seen in another thread, the engine wiring is somewhat of a mess- but looking it over today, it is as rust free as I had hoped, and has a lot of potential. The body work is "local car show" quality. The interior needs new panels and seat covers. First VW I've owned since the 70's. Lots to do!

Last edited by mainstreetprod on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Very nice find! It looks like it was originally Neptune Blue, from the engine bay. Are you going to keep the deep red? It looks cool as it sits now, with the white wheels.

Oh yeah.... and WELCOME TO THE SAMBA!

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mainstreetprod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
Very nice find! It looks like it was originally Neptune Blue, from the engine bay. Are you going to keep the deep red? It looks cool as it sits now, with the white wheels.

Thanks! This bus will look a lot different in a couple of months. My wife and I are independent film producers and got the bus to "star" in a period film we are shooting in the Spring. A lot of work in front of me turning this into a running "hippie bus". Not sure if I will use removable decals to get the look, or have local artists paint it in a Woodstock motif.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

mainstreetprod wrote:
KentPS wrote:

Thanks! This bus will look a lot different in a couple of months. My wife and I are independent film producers and got the bus to "star" in a period film we are shooting in the Spring. A lot of work in front of me turning this into a running "hippie bus". Not sure if I will use removable decals to get the look, or have local artists paint it in a Woodstock motif.

It's about a decade late to be an authentic vintage for a hippie bus, you might lose some credibility depending on what the film is about.

mainstreetprod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
mainstreetprod wrote:
KentPS wrote:

It's about a decade late to be an authentic vintage for a hippie bus, you might lose some credibility depending on what the film is about.

The film is "Summer of '67", a story of the impact of the Vietnam war on the wives and girlfriends of the soldiers. I would have loved to find a '67 or earlier bus, but it would have cost more than the entire budget of the film! The '68's hit the streets just a few months after the movie takes place. Fortunately, outside of the Samba world, no one knows a '68 from a '78.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

mainstreetprod wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
mainstreetprod wrote:
KentPS wrote:

The film is "Summer of '67", a story of the impact of the Vietnam war on the wives and girlfriends of the soldiers. I would have loved to find a '67 or earlier bus, but it would have cost more than the entire budget of the film! The '68's hit the streets just a few months after the movie takes place. Fortunately, outside of the Samba world, no one knows a '68 from a '78.

The 68 would have been a brand spankin' new VW in late summer of '68. Hippies couldn't have afforded one then. I certainly understand the current day costs, though.

You would be smart to make the flowers in vinyl. It'll be cheaper, and easier to remove for resale.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Page 77 of 100

Jump to: