Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky Mountain Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Luckyphil wrote:
I plan to install puddle lights in mine if possible Smile

Definitely possible. We talked about it. There is room to wire it in through the speaker cavity.

Thanks a bunch for the interest!!
[email protected]

The Splitzgauer build (when I have time to work on it and update the thread)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497133
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Mike, how about manufacturing some side scoops that go on the rear air inlets?
There are some plastic versions available, I don't like the look.
A member here made some metal ones for himself that followed the body lines really nice. I'd be interested in a pair of those, and I'm sure others would be as well.
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

^^^ X2

Hans
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

A picture of the user Goffoz scoop that has gone missing because it was on an external server:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Don’t that look nice!

The discussion with cutting template:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7690643#7690643

I’d sure go for a set of these great looking scoops! Numerous people on the discussion also wanted a set, but Goffoz up and vanished.
rkoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Bring back the Propex interior locking box for behind the passenger seat!!

I called back in December and was told you didnt sell enough though. The guy thought he had a blank box unit hidden in the warehouse somewhere but I never heard back. Unless someone else has one they want to offload Smile
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Hey Mike, would it be possible to make a Rear side slider where the back half used the aluminum window replacement?

http://www.rockymountainwesty.com/253847765_p/253847765.htm

I would think for anyone with the Westy cabinet in place, it would be a nice option to hide the back of the cabinet and still have partial use of the window.
Merian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Gnarlodious wrote:

scoop ....
Don’t that look nice!

...great looking scoops! .

The real issue is whether it addresses a problem, does nothing, or just makes it worse.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Merian wrote:
Gnarlodious wrote:

...great looking scoops!

The real issue is whether it addresses a problem, does nothing, or just makes it worse.

Huh? So it doesn’t matter that a bunch of us want them and are willing to pay money? Whatever happend to supply-side economics?

Or did you just come here to ridicule my suggestion?
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Merian wrote:

Often that's not the question with after-market car parts. What the installed car part does in the mind of the owner can be most important.

Fortunately, it seems RMW supplies parts that both make the owner happy and provide some useful benefits too boot.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Gnarlodious wrote:
Whatever happend to supply-side economics?

What you're asking for is actually consumer demand at work, and I agree with you, to be clear. When I look at all the big ass bumpers and "sick" lighting displays, this —
Quote:
— sounds silly.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

I have <cough><cough> shared an idea or two, Mike. Just a few... Shocked

The one I've been thinking of fabricating myself is a waterproof, quick-release, fire-extinguisher box that would fit onto those bolts on the passenger's side of Westy meant for another propane tank. A serious, Halon-equivalent fire extinguisher would be there for the rapid deploying immediately. Say, pull a ring, the bottom drops down, the extinguisher is on a bracket on the door, and you are in the fire-fighting business--not just for the van!

Want more? Ask! I... do have a lot of such ideas.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
baltik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

I am hoping you guys make some door slats to match your bumpers...

Pcforno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

The scoops do work. I currently have the plastic ones. I have a 1.8t and my IATs run 10-15 lower on hot days with it then without
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

baltik wrote:
I am hoping you guys make some door slats to match your bumpers...

I just removed mine to improve the look. (that's my van above Very Happy )

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Gnarlodious wrote:
A picture of the user Goffoz scoop that has gone missing because it was on an external server:

Don’t that look nice!

The discussion with cutting template:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7690643#7690643

I’d sure go for a set of these great looking scoops! Numerous people on the discussion also wanted a set, but Goffoz up and vanished.

3x on the scoops!, I've been considering the plastic ones but prefer the look of Goffoz's.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Mike and RMW friends,

This is a great thread. We love to see your new creations, keep them coming.
The door storage trays are very nice!

-CJ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Colorado Yeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

I would definitely buy the scoops, especially if they are designed like the above pics. Thanks Mike for the great thread!
Pcforno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

I would buy a set too.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

I betcha there is a demand for the pieces that hold up the flapper rod in the heater box footwell. I discovered 3 of mine had gone missing. They were PVC melted in place and fall out easily after years of thermal abuse and get lost among stuff on the floor. As I looked for replacements I realized many vans have one or more of these missing. Dealer says NLA. There is a different symmetrical piece for each side of the outlet:

25125914401C Plate
25125914301C Plate

Only applies to later vans, I know ’85+ had them due to a redesigned heater box. These parts could be made easily on a 3D printer.
Energy Concepts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: The official Rocky Mountain Westy product thread, new and old Reply with quote

Did I hear mentioned an
Automatic Transmission Cooler
in the works?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: