Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lower Windshield repair - Bay Window?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce in Sb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Lower Windshield repair - Bay Window? Reply with quote

Newbe here...
Anyone know of a link to repairing / replacing the lower winsheild metal on a Bay Window ? Search didn't help me
Found a repair panel and looks pretty straight forward ... just wondering if there are any tricks to this one...
Thanks!
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Winsheild repair -Bay Window? Reply with quote

Very Happy Replaced that portion with Gerson about 6 months ago- think it was $350 and need some tweeking to get it to fit.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We used a 3/8 plywood "gauge " to maintain the correct spacing- even then the windshield install was a 2 day ordeal.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce in Sb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Winsheild repair -Bay Window? Reply with quote

Thanks! Did you weld the complete seam all the way across? Seems necessary but a lot of welding...
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Lower Winsheild repair -Bay Window? Reply with quote

Laughing Jhon fit the piece so tight he put welds about every inch apart and then seam sealer primer and a matching blue paint.- Each corner had to be sliced and contoured to match the bus.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: