Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac_Daddy_Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

Hi all, what do you guys think about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FxMdxgkF8
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FxMdxgkF8]

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

doesn't look like a campervan at all,
just a mini/Citi-van people mover.. which is fine and cool enough...

but it's not going to get far out in XYZ unless your at KOAs or RV resorts.. with a 50amp plug.. no wait a minute,, that's not wholly bad either..

what was/is the range? and what's the real #s with heat and or AC on.. yes we'll use both in the same day trip here in the north east.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
geodude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

Its awfully small for a camper, the back of the rear seats are almost at the back window. For two people, sure, but a family of 4 or 5 probably not. Per the stated spec's it has 40 cubic feet less interior volume than a Vanagon. I'd like one for going to work and moving my kids around though.
JDub113
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

It's so ugly...
Mac_Daddy_Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

I would say, it will spark a new trend for the Millennials, I wonder will this VW bus ignite more interest in the Vanagon community
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

In 2003 at the dealership where I bought my '03 Westy, the salesman showed me the "new microbus" brochure they had in the dealership. It was way better looking than this one is. I had high hopes in 2003, that we would actually get something that would be more 'full circle' back to the split aesthetic. Whoops. I might like to rip the front electric drive out of one of these tho, and see how to fit it into a Vanagon as a rear gas, electric front drive Vanagon.
Red Beard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

Every year there comes some buzz about a new VW van, new microbus concept, etc. And it never happens. Doubt we'll ever see this in a dealership.
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

Boxer Rebellion wrote:
I would say, it will spark a new trend for the Millennials, I wonder will this VW bus ignite more interest in the Vanagon community

I would say it won't see the light of day.
Merian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/volkswagen-id-buzz-ev-concept-photos-and-info-news
Merian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

More News:

ID Buzz XL version to offer extra length for sleeping space

Codes P for Poptop, and Code H for Hightop versions to follow in '18

S version to offer full 4WD with the best off-road ability of any wheeled land vehicle says VW Chief -- will be based on "military technology adapted from Steyer-Puch EV Scout Rover vehicles used by NATO Special Forces"

VW Chief also says wireless charging and range range-extender fuel cell to enable crossing of Sahara "without support" and that the vehicle will be priced "for everyman" like the original VW bug and bus

See http://alternativefacts.news/ for more
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

Merian wrote:
More News:

ID Buzz XL version to offer extra length for sleeping space

Codes P for Poptop, and Code H for Hightop versions to follow in '18

S version to offer full 4WD with the best off-road ability of any wheeled land vehicle says VW Chief -- will be based on "military technology adapted from Steyer-Puch EV Scout Rover vehicles used by NATO Special Forces"

VW Chief also says wireless charging and range range-extender fuel cell to enable crossing of Sahara "without support" and that the vehicle will be priced "for everyman" like the original VW bug and bus

See http://alternativefacts.news/ for more

Yeah, and their TDI Diesel was.............. Rolling Eyes

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
vwhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

I dig the form factor.
Some custom coach work, a hybrid TDI drive-train, AWD and some beefy meats and I'd be down.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Instagram Classifieds Feedback
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

The rest of the world has hopped on the VW Bus love train, I can't for the life of me figure out why VW hasn't. Oh yeah, it's a bunch of daft idiots running the company (or was). If there is ANYTHING that could bring some love back to the VW brand its the 'Buzz' (LOVE THE NAME).

I got into bay windows 17 years ago when you couldn't give one away. You could buy them for $300. Those days are so long gone because everyone and their brother just loves buses. I drive one daily and must get at least 10 people give some compliment every time I drive. I mean, come on VW, get your heads out of your asses and cash in on the VW Bus love!
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

Imagine the Ford Econoline from the '80's.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Vanagons hold the same place here in Germany. Can you imagine Ford investing time and energy into this vehicle?
Even the old, cooler looking ones:

As close as I can tell, culturally, these vans are on the same level in their respective countries.
I think VW would rather these just go away because it reminds them of a bygone era that they can not capitalize on.
just my €0.02...
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chugach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

I'd much rather they just offer us in the US, the T5/T6 or whatever these are!
Up here in the North, with a limited power grid, I'm not quite ready to tow a generator behind me !

Mac_Daddy_Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: The All New ID BUZZ 2018 Camper Van Reply with quote

I'm kind of digging this, but something is missing, it's too techy, but like the idea.

Link
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: